main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC RPG Discussion Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by NaboosPrincess, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Ugh. Saw. Scared the crap outta me. I will never watch the sequel...

2. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    You just saved 2 hours of your life :D

Anyone interested in doing like a good-ole fashioned Clone Wars RP? I used to seem them all the time, but they would fail preety quick. I'm shure if we can work together, a good, long lasting game could be made.

3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Angus - I'm game. Let's do it to it!

4. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    To futher expand on my information with the Kingdom Hearts game, I have the full list of anime to be used in terms of worlds and characters:

Fooly Cooly
    Dead or Alive 3 (To replace the need for Final Fantasy Characters; it is a new universe after all)
    Naruto
    Zatch Bell
    YuYu Hakusho (basically like the Olympus Coliseum)
    Samurai Champloo
    Thundercats (technically not anime, but there is the Halloween Town world in KH and KH2)
    One Piece
    Trigun
    InuYasha
    Cyborg 009

If anyone knows any of the anime listed at least moderately and would care to offer assistance towards making a Kingdom Hearts game, please PM me. I would like to see that there are people interested in making a game like this.

Thanks again.

~ZV

5. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
  6. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    I have been devising a new RPG for quite some time now (a year if you want to get technical), and after gaining interest from a few role-players, I think it is time to reveal my synopsis to the RPR. Feedback is welcome.

In a universe unlike our own, there lies mystery and wonder, enigmas waiting to be unlocked, famished to reveal their secrets to all seekers. And an ancient prophecy, soon to be brought to realization.

It is a time of great peace throughout the worlds. Inhabitants are living tranquil lives, going about their daily rotes without any intervention. But as the adage states, "Peace cannot last forever." Something is happening to a myriad of worlds, something that has never been seen or even heard of before - they are disappearing. One by one, a world disappears from existence as if it was never veritable. It diminishes like an illusion. An explosion does not occur, nor does a great plague. It is peacefully wiped from verisimilitude.

On the small world of Sanadel, scorching hot weather plagues the veneer of sand, two suns shining brightly down onto the surface. The majority of the small populace are slaves, while the rest are the royalty, living above the slaves and controlling them, demanding that they meet their entailments. The slaves are very tired and famished, for they receive small rations of food, and have little to drink, for the water source on Sanadel is very little. But the world?s royalty are very credulous, and believe that an ancient prophecy that has been, unfortunately, shrunken into oblivion is ready to be made veritable due to the recent chain of events involving worlds being mysteriously extinguished.

The Sanadel royalty do not have intentions to reveal the details of the prophecy, but have summoned strong and healthy young slaves to embark on a quest to ignite the prophecy?s realization. Only a select few are chosen, and even less are expected to survive on the epic journey.

Coming Soon

7. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    For some time now, I have been thinking of an RPG based off of the Dark Elf Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore. What do you guys think? It would take place after the final book, and you could play evil dark elves, light elves, rogue elves, trolls, gnomes, and anything else that catches your fancy...

8. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    If you want more information... it's called the Forgotten Realms, and it's been an RPG setting for almost twenty years now since Ed Greenwood first published stuff on it in 1987 (technically, there were other modules and articles set in the Forgotten Realms before that, but it wasn't officially a campaign setting). Huge amount of novels, campaign books and modules published, tons of material if you want to incorporate it.

Faerun's a pretty big place, so you can just bust out the campaign books if you want... would be a good way to get some D&D on the boards, unless you're only in it for the Drow. Still, might as well break out Drizzt's guide to the Underdark and Menzoberannzan, covers a lot of detail there.

9. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    I own the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, the Ghostwalk Campaign Setting, and the Eberron Campaign Setting.

I haven't had a chance to play many of them with my friends, but I have GM'ed a game or two through pre-made adventures and some added custom side-adventures using other supplements (Book of Vile Darkness, Sandstorm, etc).

It wouldn't be a bad idea to use Salvatore's work for an RPG. I'd go along with it. Drow and Duergar are basically my favorite types of villains to toss at my players in a game session.

10. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Here is a link that contains all the 3.5 info for the Unearthed Arcana, DM Guide, Players Handbook, and the Monsterous Manual. All is current and correct, and it is also free.

AD&D 3.5 Reference Document

As for books I own, Libris Mortis, Book of Vile Darkness, FR Campaign setting and religions, Complete Divine, PHB, Serpent Kingdoms, and a few others I am sure I am forgetting. If anyone needs any info out of those let me know.

11. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Wow, you guys all know WAY more about this as me. I just read Drizzt's books, and I thought it would make for some interesting playing...

12. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    D&D 3.5 sucks big time.

D&D 3.0 is the only way to play. I understand that the newer books that are coming out and have come out are based more on the 3.5 system, but they are easily adapted back to 3.0 if you understand how to play properly.

13. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    3.5 is nothing more than a revised version of 3.0, it took out some of the errors and contradictions and added in a few of the most popular homebrew rules but uses the exact same system. To say that 3.0 is vastly different than 3.5 is clearly incorrect, even at a brief glance one can see that they are in most regards the same and as far as gameplay there is no noticable difference between the two systems.

14. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    What errors and contradictions? I've been playing D&D 3.0 since I was twelve. I'm eighteen now. I would believe that six years of experience is sufficient enough for me to know which system if preferable.

I prefer 3.0, you prefer 3.5. You're not an expert and neither am I. If we were, we'd be working for Wizards of the Coast. :-B

Let's not argue about this, because this is an RPG discussion thread, not an RPG argument thread.

15. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    This is something of a more appropriate thread. Though I think I should ask NP to just edit the thread to general dice discussion or d20 or whatever.

16. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    A thread about general d20 discussion would be great.:)

17. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Not much into the dice games...

Enigma...I assume your RPG is Star Wars related...correct? What is it that we would be doing in this RPG?

[face_whistling]

18. dontlookatmethatway

dontlookatmethatway Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2005
    Would it be an AU game?

19. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Actually, I decided not to do this...:(

20. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    That's a shame, nemisis, that idea was rather good. Perhaps someone else will start a similar game.

Dark-Enigma, your game looks very intriguing. I won't press you on the details, but I am certainly interested. It looks very mysterious, which is something you rarely see in RPs here.

21. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    Nemisis, actually this will not be a Star Wars game. The most accurate comparison would be the Final Fantasy franchise. Basically, what I have planned is for the player to control one of the people who embark on the quest. It will be very deep, once all the answers are revealed.

Winged, why do you think they call me Enigma? :p

Unfortunately, pressing real life things have arisen, so it may be a while before this game is official. But it will come in due time, if things go right. :)

22. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    I think I may drop my Kingdom Hearts idea as well. Not many people seem interested, and seeing as how it changed from the original Disney franchise, it wasn't that entertaining to others. I may come back to it later, but maybe if there are more people interested.

But I think a Dungeons & Dragons game could be quite appropriate for the Non-SW RPF. Have a few heroes and villains, major rememberable NPC's, and an awesome storyline following chilling tales of Gothic Horror.

Any interested?

23. DarthValorous

DarthValorous Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2006
  24. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    But it's locked. Just because it was attempted, doesn't mean another couldn't work. Look how many Star Wars RP's that revolved around the Clone Wars were made. Sure they were from different fronts (Jedi or Clonetroopers) but they were attempted and most did very well. Others, sank into the dirt.

Mitthy is an excellent GM, and it's sad to see that none of his players were active enough in the storyline.

Hopefully, open-minded players can overlook inactivity and participate in a full-scale game.

25. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    It's perfectly possible to run a Dice based game over a forum. I've been running several on a different forum, and participating in a few more for several years, though I've been somewhat behind this month due to school related activities. It takes a lot longer to resolve combat, since rounds are stretched out, but you do get more involved posts outside of combat, and more chances to experiment and just talk to each other, and describe what you're doing in detail. Just expect the GM to do most of the rolling himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.