main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC RPG Discussion Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by NaboosPrincess, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthValorous

DarthValorous Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2006
    Oh I am well apprised of that. I was merely directing you to a previous D&D RPG that, unfortunately, never got off the ground so you could peruse it, possibly find some things that could have been improved on, and provide us with a revamped edition that would garner more intrigue. :)

2. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    We totally need to have the Ultimate Showdown, of Ultimate Destiny. Good guys, bad guys and explosions, as far as the eye can see. And only one will survive, I wonder who it will be. We need the Ultimate Showdown- of Ultimate Destiny.

3. DarthValorous

Apr 15, 2006
    I've decided to give some previews of a RPG that I've been working on in a movie trailer format. Your imaginination will come into play here. Enjoy. :)

*darkness engulfs screen, but enlightens and reveals a scene of people walking down a street, all with bracelets on their forearms*

A deep voice (similar to that of Billy Zane's) can be heard on screen.

"Order will be maintained through my world of Rohon. I will uphold my promises, and only hope that my citizens will do the same."

*screen flashes to a child's forearm and the bracelet removing itself from his wrist on its own. As this happens, the boy's eyes turn an exotic glowing red color*

*screen flashes to people flying, running at supersonic speeds, shooting water and fire from their hands, electricity in the atmosphere, and many more supernatural things occurring as the deep voice is heard again*

"What's happening!?"

*a younger voice is heard*

"War."

*screen flashes to buildings being destroyed, a person flying through the air at high speeds, and the child seen previously with fire emitting from his eyes*

*screen flashes to a man appearing over a hill, and behind him a prodigious group of superhumans*

*A voice similar to Christopher Lee's can be heard on screen*

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have been freed. The time has come for us to give the King exactly what he has asked for - total annihilation."

*screen flashes to a flying woman catching a falling child, then to a man healing a woman's fatal wounds*

*screen flashes to a darkened street with a muscular bald man, a determined look on his face and his arms raised as streetlights around him are diminishing and his body is glowing*

*a strong voice can be heard*

"War has risen, and times are dire. And though the future may seem dark, I promise to you this - peace will NOT FALL!"

*the last part of his speech sounds like a battlecry, and the screen darkens to black*

Unleashed: Rise of the Disrupters - Coming soon to a RPF near you

4. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    [face_laugh] Sounds very suspenseful and amusing! Can't wait!

5. DarthValorous

Apr 15, 2006
    Many thanks. I have altered the title a bit: Unleashed: Dawn of Malevolence. No release date has been set as of yet, but expect it soon. :)

6. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Other RPG idea thingie...

A "Tall Tale" improv game, set in some particular setting, where the players each take on the role of storytellers or whatnot, and have to regale the others with the legends of their daring exploits, the starting conditions established by the other players. Example:

"Good sir, please tell us of how you managed to rediscover the tomb of the pygmy king Grotius, having started your expedition with nothing more to your name than the shirt on your back, your three-legged dog, and a tin of stale crackers."

Other players might also introduce limited complications.

"And that's when the cannibal clowns attacked... what did you do?"

After everyone goes, people vote for their favorites or whatnot.

Alternatively, just about any other improv game might prove to be great fun. See how long you can keep up the game while switching scenes and styles and random plot hooks.

7. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    that could be highly amusing warden. i would even consider getting involved in that one, should it be done.

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Sounds more like a fan fiction challenge, but very good, nonetheless.

9. DarthValorous

Apr 15, 2006
    Unleashed: Dawn of Malevolence is NOW OPEN! In this superhuman RPG, you will not be forced to obey continuity as previous DC/Marvel RPGs have entailed. Be sure to check it out, as big plans have been devised! :)

10. nsper7

nsper7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2004
    Would anyone be interested in setting up a real-world US politics game? Similar to Tin Cabinet, but set in the US government.

11. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    At the rate my musical RPG is going, I think I'm going to create a new RPG.

Humour, action, and pirates - coming soon...

12. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    ]

Can it be Communist-Fascist related? Seems more interesting that way...;)

13. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004
    Well, I just solved my own problem and created a US political sim, you're welcome to join.

14. DarthValorous

Apr 15, 2006
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the GDG planning something like this?

15. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    You're absolutely right. But I can't wait.

16. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Its not nice to swipe an idea, especially when the GDG was looking like it was going to expand further on that one in particular. [face_shame_on_you]

17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    agreed, you really ought to wait

18. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    Final Fantasy: Choir of the Ancients is currently looking for players! Everything you will need to know about the storyline and characters are in the main post.

Anyone who would care to join, PM a character sheet to Zedd-Vega for approval.

Hope to see some of you soon!

~ZV

19. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004
    Shattered Executive: Life in the White House is accepting players. This RPG is much different that DarthSeti's "Tin Cabinet".

First, non-political jobs are open, including the First Lady, various Secret Service positions, etc. This RPG concentrates on the life inside the White House and around the President and, as such, there are non-political roles for players who are not into the political sort of thing.

Second, the players come up with the issues. Unlike "Tin Cabinet", very few scenarios are GM-created. Most will be thought up by individual policy makers and advisors. For example, the President might ask his Chief of Staff what's on for the day, and the player RPing as the CoS will then respond; coming up with something both interesting and believable. That is why I am really harping on having experienced RPers for high-level position: you could make or break the game. This game is designed to be player-driven.

20. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    We need a radio station, or something similar that you can just insert into games complete with tacky songs and fake commercials, DJs and random reports. Heck, you could even call it 113.8 FM if you were that desperate. 113.8 FM WILD.

I also think an episodic announcer in an RPG would be great fun. Or possibly a color commentator/whatever.

21. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004
    My RPG is in bad need of players or else it won't work.

22. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    You need players with a combination of interest and time (and maybe talent), otherwise you're not going to get as much. We seem to be approaching critical mass among the vets, many of whom seem to be full up on RPGs, and I haven't heard much from the new guy training program.

23. nsper7

Jul 24, 2004
    I've noticed. What about yourself?

24. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Similar scenario, I'm in way too many RPGs at once, and I've got school work to deal with.

25. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    I just got an idea. Literally, it's been in my head for maybe 5 minutes max:

a Kong-esque RP. It could work in either the SWRPF or the NSWRPF but you could have a group of players playing the crew trying to capture/film/otherwise exploit the beast, the locals who worship the beast, and the beast(s)it(them)self(ves).

If folks like it, I could whip up a 1st post sometime, or someone could borrow the idea, and (as long as it's done well) I wouldn't have a problem with it. What do you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.