1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive RPG Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ben_Skywalker, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    Would anyone be interested in a "charmed" RPG? Ive recently started putting one together and was just wondering if it was worth putting it on here as I dunno the popularity of charmed amoung the rpg boards
  2. KenobisHeir Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone interested in assisting me in a post-NJO RPG where previous Sith Lords (Sidious, Maul, Dooku) are resurrected? If so, toss me a PM and I'll fill you in with what I have in mind.
  3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

star 6
    This will be my official Dungeons & Dragons RPG whereas my first one was a trial which had hit off really good but do to DRL I had to end it. But now Ive compacted and simplified DnD specifically for the RPF and for those who know absolutely NOTHING about dice games and I have a storyline.

For those who have read the Inheritance Trilogy, you will be familiar with Eragon and Eldest and the story of a farm boy becoming a Dragon Rider. This game is set before and during the time of Eragon. However players will not be fighting alongside or even know of Eragon and the characters seen in the books since that is not how DnD works. And there is a chance, when the time comes, for one player--randomly chosen by the dice I will be rolling--to become a Dragon Rider themselves.

If anyone is interested in playing let me know. Hopefully if I get a suitable amount of dedicated players I could make this last and become the RPFs first non-SW big RPG like IBoP and WOTG were.
  4. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Would anyone be interested in a Dune RPG?
  5. Mikaboshi Force Ghost

star 6
    I am really interested in this. I remember when your trial was up and I kept up with that for a while, DnD is my first RP love and I have been hoping to see more fantasy RPs up around here.

I am almost sure that I know of one other person who would join this as well.
  6. BrianRess26 Jedi Padawan

I am personally interested in something like WoTG if it is ever started up again. I was a member of it way back when, but I have decided to come on as a different name now. ;)

I feel like Ibop is too far in for me to get involved with, so I'd like to join something from the start. *enters lurker mode*
  7. Master_Valar Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've been pondering over the creation of a Reboot themed game. I'm sure a good number of people have seen the show. It just sounded like a fun concept to me, and I'd like to really explore it. Is anyone interested?
  8. Sanctimoniously Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, since my request to start a zombie RPG here was denied, myself and several of my friends have started a ZRP community on a different site. A ZRP in any other forum (including this one) would be difficult to keep realistic and/or controlled.

PM me for further details.
  9. JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling

star 6
    A Zombie RPG? Lol, now that is kinda funny for you to be asking that here. Though, I do find it interesting in a way. I always wanted to get my shotgun and blow them back to Hell!
  10. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Well, with news of a confirmed Non-SW RPF, I'll be putting the final touches on my Music RPG.

Second Draft

Plot/Synopsis

The time: present day. The place: our good old planet Earth.

The world is doing well. Things are going great, wars are finishing, pollution is being stopped, and everything is going well. Pretty much as it has been for the past while. There is one change, though. Pop music is utterly gone. The annoying boy bands, the stupid "gangsta" phase, the bubblegum-punk, it is all going downhill.

And with the fall of modern music, a space opens up for a new generation.

You're part of this generation, a creative force that will change the face of music forever. What will you do? Will you make it? Will you go under, like so many have before you?

Or will you suceed?

Char. Sheets will come after I eat supper. Sorry. :)
  11. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Okay, supper ran a little long. I also watched "The Doors". Good movie.

Character Sheet

Name:
    Appearance:
    -Eyes:
    -Build(Height, weight):
    -Hair:
    -Clothing:
    Personality:
    -Habits:
    -Vices:
    Biography:

Stat Sheet (Performers only)

Talent:
    Creativity:
    Style:
    Presence:
    Renown:

The stat sheet is used to upgrade your character's skills and abilities. Talent is your skill with your medium (Guitar, Vocals, Bass, etc.), Creativity is how well you create music (In-game is used for reviews by others), Style is how your music comes across, Presence is your on-stage charisma and look, and Renown is how famous you are.
  12. DARTH-bojangles Jedi Master

star 3
    I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a Crime Caper RPG???(something in the spirit of the Italian Job or Ocean's Eleven with a Star Wars spin) if you're intersted or have any ideas, feel free to PM me. Thanks!
  13. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    *Drums roll*

In "spirit" *chuckles* of the season for the flurry of new activity for the next RPG, I shall put up a 'sneak peak' for my next big RPG.... my first player in the new RPF...

My whole hope for this of course is to drum up some interest and maybe get some questions fielded....

And now, without further adiue...

Two excerpts from my first post...

The Haunted Mansion RPG

[image=http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Boulevard/1877/haunted.jpg]

As the moon climbs high o'er the dead oak tree,
    Spooks arrive for the midnight spree.
    Creepy creeps with eerie eyes,
    Start to shriek and harmonize.
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize

Welcome, foolish mortals, to my Haunted Mansion RPG. Do step inside my imaginary construct, as I explore another new frontier in RPG Development. Don?t be afraid good friends, what could possibly go wrong?

Buckle up your seatbelts and look ?.. alive, as we boldly explore a Twilight Zone / Haunted Mansion / RPF Triple Cross!

IC: Rod Serling

Rod Serling walks up to the forground, standing right next to a massive electrical pylon.

?It is a stormy night here on the Midwestern Plains of America. Here in the heartland, a series of events will be set into motion. A series of events that will change the lives of a great many people, and send them headfirst?. straight into the Twilight Zone.?

Bum bum buuuummmmm, bumbumbumbumbum

?Raise your eyes now, up to the sky, as fate begins her long march.?

Thunder rumbles, loud and clear and with a flash, a blast of lightning hits the power pylon. The electrical charges zip down the wires and off into the horizon.

You'll have to wait for the launch to get the rest of the story! :p

"Yes? Welcome once again to my RPG: ?Into the Twilight: The Haunted Mansion? Lets get right on into some points eh?

In this RPG, you play yourself! Yes, I figured that would be quite a refreshing change from how we all play everything else under the sun. There will be no need for forcepowers or blasters or magic or anything else of the sort. Just a good ol fashioned you versus the Mansion puzzler. There will be some physical parts of it, but a lot of it will be a mystery esque, sub quest type RPG.

The Mansion will be the main setting for the RPG, Ravenwood Manor. The mansion is huge and has pretty much everything 999 happy ghouls could ever want or need in their afterlife."

So yeah.... get excited. I'm in the last few phases of the game development... I suspect it should be up and operational for the launch of the new forum... ;)

I hope to see you all there....... if you dare! :p

Asss to Penguinator ...

Very good idea for the backdrop.... definitely very creative.

On the sheet though, how do you plan to allocate skills? Will it be via a point system? Choose a certain amount out of the whole. Give that issue some definite thought for sure.... ;)

To Bo, my Ex-Padawan :p

You should look at Mitthy's game "Erik Visputin: Singular Affair" (or whatever). He did a crime caper type game of trying to grab Mr. Visputin that did pretty well. The genera is alright, I worry it might stagnate fast unless you tinker with you gameplay....

And there ya are... chat, talk, PM, go wild! :p

-I_H

*The ideas expressed in this post are the intellectual property and copyright of Imperial Hammer: 2/8/06 .... Anyone stealing my ideas will feel my wrath come down upon them like the Hammer of God*

;)/>/>/>/>/>/>
  14. Master-Korr Jedi Knight

star 3
    Definately not to brag, but i am very surprised that my first attempt at GMing a game has been quite successful thus far. If you want, you can check it out.

A New Destiny- Changing The Chosen One
  15. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have a bunch of thoughts running around crazyly in my head for a fantasy/mid evil type RPG. Who here would be willing to help me with it?
  16. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    I'd be willing to be a sub-GM, as long as you let me be a Viking/Bard.

One question: would I be allowed to put in lots of Zeppelin side-jokes and references?

17. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well the classes/races I was thinking of including were:

Elves, Dwarves, Corrupted Men, Men(Knights), Goblins, Orcs.

Vikings weren't really fitting into my whole story/idea.

Bard's on the other hand might fit in. I believe by bard you mean poet or musician? If so, that'd probably work better as something someones character would do to pass time rather then being there main objective. My storyline is to action based for that.

Which speaking of storyline. That is the main thing I need help with. Organizing and planning out the storyline. I don't want to just throw it together.

Despised1, you said you wanted to see more fantasty stuff. Would you be interested in this?
  18. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Yes, I did indeed mean poets/minstrels/musicians.

Sorry about the Zeppelin stuff. I'm home sick, and have listened to nearly 5 hours worth of their music.
  19. phantom_panther Jedi Knight

star 2

That sounds like a lot of fun, I for one would be interested.
  20. phantom_panther Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am interested in the whole fantacy genre. My first RP experiance was with DnD so I have a special place in my heart for such games. If you would like to voice some of those ideas I offer my help as a sounding board.
  21. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Is anybody else interested? o_O [face_praying]
  22. Dark-Enigma Jedi Knight

star 3
    Be sure to check out Star Wars: Enigma of the Jedi, my first attempt at an RPG. We already have a nice story evolving, and the good part has not reached us yet. ;)
  23. DarthQuellonis Jedi Master

star 4
    Does anybody want to join my new RPG, Way of the Sith? It includes several different paths, of the Jedi, the Grey Jedi, and of the Sith. I have also developed a dice RPing system, which helps prevent god-modding in combat. Here is the link http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/23198135/p1/?4
  24. Rayson Jedi Master

star 4
    I've attempted two alerations of the Magic: The Gathering game before, though neither really got off the ground. I'm interested to knowing how many people are actually interested in participating in an M:TG story driven game.

Basically, the RPG would be story telling, not having to actually deal with any cards, or specific spells, etc. If anyone has read any of the Magic Book Series they'll understand what I'm going for.

I'd like to run an Alternate Series to the Odyssey Block, as I feel the storyline for the entire plain of Dominaria really expanded there. Takers?
  25. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Sounds interesting. I remember playing Magic for hours when I was a bit younger. I'd have to re-familiarize myself, but I'd be interested, Rayson.

I've got a fully formed idea for a Steampunk-themed adventure, and will post a second draft tomorrow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.