main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive RPG Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ben_Skywalker, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    That is a good idea BUT much like democracy, we can't force people to play in a select few games. If we could, we would have done that a long time ago [face_mischief] ;)

2. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    We need not force anyone, just make the suggestion and see if people agree... If lots of people support it then shouldn't it be done?

3. black-elf_182

black-elf_182 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2002
    I think that "Legacy" is a good example of a successful small game. We are on page 40-something(not exactly sure). This just goes to show you to come up with original ideas, not used ones.

And, I am a member of "What If?" It's not that bad. I agree that Goo_Child should have backed off(storming the Executor was stupid).

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Stupid? More like insane!

Luke Skywalker tried to destroy the Executor while it was being constructed. He failed utterly and was almost captured in the process!

The Rebels have never tried to capture or destroy the Executor or any SSD in that manner ever again because they know its A) Insane and B) Suicide.

Obviously still angry about that RP

5. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    When does Luke Skywalker try to destroy the Executor?

6. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    In one of the Classic SW comics. Not sure which one though.

7. Yun-Yuuzhan

Yun-Yuuzhan Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    You see, there comes a time in every young Jedi Rebel's life when he feels an urge to destroy the SSD his father owns. At that time...

8. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2001
    What are you guys talking about? ?[face_plain]

9. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    After thinking for a while I have come up with an idea for an RP.

It involves a man (played by the GM) who is dissenfranchised with the Rebellion and is breaking away ala bel Iblis. Taking a highly modifiedCarrack cruiser, two modified bulk transports, a couple shuttles, and a mix of fightercraft. With these and the players he will wage his own private war with the Empire.

Players will play the part of ex-Rebel's who followed the current leader, outlaws, and, mercenaries who have their own reasons for joining the group. The PC's can then chose to be diplomats (to find support for the group), commandos (self-explanatory), or fighter pilots. Other roles are under thought. And in the beginning I will control the "fleet", but later I hope some players have risen to the challenge of leading.

I now await any responses.

10. ShadowWarrior

Dec 8, 2001
    Well I guess the main issue would be finding someone to lead the Empire so that you have an opposition. You might also want to think carefully about this one because the Empire has vast resources and may be tempted to wipe you out with one swift stroke ;)

I assume to want to have some fair battles, but you want to be realistic too :)

11. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    Yeah, that was what I was going to ask. Who is going to play the Empire?

And I've noticed many times in RPGs, players as fighter pilots tend to have a difficult time coordinating their attacks with the ship officers. This is just a my own personal suggestion, but I'd stay away from RPGs with fighter pilots. Although there are the select few who can play pilots well, the majority can not. However, having the entire RPG devoted to fighter pilots, that would be a different matter. But I dont think thats what you want :)

And will players be allowed to play as already established characters in the GFFA? If so, will someone be playing bel Iblis and other important people?

12. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    Well one of my goals is to have a fairly realistic RP. Since this breakaway group is relatively miniscule compared to the Rebel Alliance, they will not be leading fighters on attack missions, maybe after enough support has been garnered. So the early action should focus on small scale commando operations.

The fighter pilots should have some tasks of their own, but these will not be of the attack run against heavily fortified space station. Covert operations are the name of the game.

As for the Empire, I will be looking for a few people who would like to join. But since the pirate group their tracking is relatively small and the Rebel Alliance is a more present threat, they wouldn't have a limitless pile of resources.

I'm trying to stick to Original Characters, but if canonical characters are required I will control them.

13. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Maybe you could make a (GM controlled?), Imperial taskforce assigned with elimination the pirates.

14. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    I'll do that if no one wishes to play the Imps.

15. Wolverine

Wolverine Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 1999
    Hey everyone!

I'm gonna be GM of a campaign of SW later this year. Not the new game though, but the old West end Games version.

I'm going to London soon and wondered if there are any stores there or any other ways to get hold of the things I need.
    I have most books but not all, so maybe there are some second-hand market somewhere.

All help will be very....helpfull ;)

16. ShadowWarrior

Dec 8, 2001
    It sounds like you've put some thought into it, the more you think of now the less trouble you'll have down the track...

17. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    Hi Wolverine! You might want to go Here for anything relating to the WOTC/WEG RPG. In this forum we RP by post, while in there they discuss the actual game and systems used by WOTC/WEG. :)

18. Wolverine

Wolverine Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 1999
    Thank you for that correction :)

Move along....

19. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Wolverine: You can also try an online-version of the campaign you're planning in this forum too.

Basically, this forum serves as a place for you to run campaigns for players across the globe. It's considerably slower than a normal IRL game but I feel it gives the GM a greater level of control of the storyline and its characters development.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll walk you through getting started :)

20. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    Which makes me think... would anyone be interested in joining a RP played similarly to the WOTC/WEG style RP? A group of heroes on adventures, etc? Might get a little hard to play (game sessions would be weeks long, or even more), but it would be nice mix between a character development and action inspired RP.

21. Yomin_Carr

Jan 12, 2002
    Who hates threads posted in the RPF but meant for Games: RPG? I do. Maybe we or Games: RPG could have a big flashing sign in the header that says "THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR THE DISCUSSION OF THE WOTC/WEG RPG! LEAVE!"

:D

22. ShadowWarrior

Dec 8, 2001
    Considering the problem we currently have with a shortage of players I think that would do the trick for making a nice first impression and warm welcome for anyone wanting to stop by and actually hang out here in the RPF :p ;)

Otherwise I think it's a great idea :D :D

23. ShadowWarrior

Dec 8, 2001
    I knew I shouldn't have posted that... :p

24. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    Why what's wrong with it? ?[face_plain]

:)

25. ShadowWarrior