1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive RPG Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ben_Skywalker, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark-Enigma Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright, I know my current game has not even begun yet, but I was doodling around and came up with a new concept for a following RPG:

There is a league. A small legion. An organization that lives by its own rules, its own clock, taking orders from no one. They are hidden, concealed from the world of mere mortals. But it is this world that they protect. Evils appear from the skies, from underground, from the air of the atmosphere. And it is this league that diminishes them, defeats them, extinguishes their attempts at enormities. They have powers, abilities that are inhuman. They are less than gods, but more than men, and possess traits that are remarkable. The world only catches glimpses of them from time to time when they are defeating the evils that threaten Earth. But they do not appreciate them. They believe that they are misfits, and do not belong in their ?perfect? world. But yet, the organization still thrives, motivated by protecting their world, for it is theirs just as much as the rest of the mortals. Where they come from, they do not know. But they are there now, and the present is all that matters. They do not dwell on the past, and do not look towards the future. They focus on the now, and defeating all evil. They are the Legion of Enigmas./>
  2. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    Hey, here is a rough draft of the oppening post of the Splinter Cell game Penguinator and I are working on. What do you guys think?

Splinter Cell: The next generation

Dear Agent,
    Your presence is required at the 10394 Capital Boulevard, Washington D.C. You are to be there on February 20, at fourteen hundred. No latter and no ealier. No questions asked. You know what to do with this letter.

20, Feb. "The House" Washington
    Fourteen Hundred, Zulu time

The general looked at the assembled team through the double glass. This was the best of the best. It had to be. He silently wondered to himself how many of these men would make it out alive. When the entire team was assembled, he put on his command face and walked out.

"Good afternoon." He didn't introduce himself. Introductions only lead to trouble in this line of work. "You are all gathered here today because you are the best. All of you are a part of a U.S. Government agency that doesn't exist. You are Splinter Cells. You are the best. You have been trained to be, and that is what you are. You are secret agents, infiltrators, demolitionists and doctors. And some of you are just plain scary. The reason you all have been called here today is a grave one. One of our best agents is caught behind enemy lines. On February 15th, we received a phone call from one of our Russian contacts, stating that agent Sam Fisher was set up and captured by the Russian government, and they have him in hiding. He is too valuable an asset for us to let go of. That is why you are here. Every one of your feild opperations have been suspended, and this new mission takes priority over any other. If they break agent Fisher, the United States could cease to exist. Yes, he contains that much information. You leave tomorrow at Fifteen Hundred from Langly Air Force Base. You are required to be there at O Eight Hundred tomorrow morning. Bring whatever you will need, anything else you can get at the base.
    Good luck."

Rules:
    1. GM's are law (MasterPrenn and Penguinator)
    2. Obey TOS
    3. God modding is encouraged. That is a lie. Absoltly no God Modding alowed.
    4. PM a GM all character sheets for approval
    5. Mild language is accepted, but not just for the sake of using mild language.
    6. Posts must have content
    7. Use IC/OOC and TAG

***Character Sheet***

Name:
    Weapons:
    Appearance-
    Hair:
    Eye color:
    Facial hair:
    Clothing:
    Build:
    Personality-
    Traits:
    Habbits:
    Bio:
    Military History:
    Traumatic experiances:
    -----------------------------------
  3. YoungAngus Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Anyone interested in doing a Rebel Alliance RP? Something like a Star Wars Battlefront where you play as the Rebels and choose either the Army or Navy and fight accross the Galaxy? Something like the 501st game, but with Rebels?
  4. Dark-Enigma Jedi Knight

star 3
    Angus, I surmise that your RPG will take place in the GCW era?
  5. alpha_red_83 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I would appreciate it a lot if more people would join my F.E.A.R RP in the Non-Star Wars Roleplaying Forum. Please, people. It means a lot. Just send a PM to me, instead of LORDVIGILANCE. [face_praying]
  6. YoungAngus Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Yea, probaly 2-3 years BBY.
  7. Dark-Enigma Jedi Knight

star 3
    Alright. I'll be watching for it. :)
  8. alpha_red_83 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    PLEASE
  9. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    GM STILL LOOKING FOR PLAYERS:
    COME PLAY SPLINTER CELL: NEXT GENERATION
    PM ME CHARACTER SHEET OR QUESTIONS

http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_wars_role_playing/b10755/23445895/p1/?0
  10. alpha_red_83 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I may be thinking of creating an RP based on WWII/Horror. Anyone interested or not?
  11. Genimay Jedi Master

star 4
    Me and a friend,EnnaJ,are thinking about starting a Buffy the Vampire Slayer RPG. With twists and turns I think it will be fun. I have a little planed out but want to see if anyone was interested. PM me if you are. THANKS!!
  12. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Alright, I've been toying with this idea for a couple hours (It just hit me, you know). It's in a very rough formative stage, and probably wouldn't be posted for real for a looong time because I'm at my personal limit of active RPs, but here goes.

13. Zandoran_Celix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Heres My Idea for a RP. Its a rough beginning, mechanics arent workout yet, just the back story so far.

Any suggestions are welcome, publicly or by PM. Whichever you prefer.

In the beginning their was only a void, but as time began to come into existence, so did the Astrals. The Astrals were a race of beings placed within the universe to create and then safeguard all the different galaxies. They traveled by way of a plane of existence beyond time and space and was defined by no dimensions known. This became known simply as the Astral Plane.

Time passed and each Galaxy took shape and grew from being nothing more then voids to fully formed planets, with moons and stars and life living on them. But soon the Astrals grew tired and their power weak. Each time a galaxy had been born they had created a religion that allowed them to have someway to be believed in and to regain energy expended. But time grew more vast and they were soon forgotten.

The last of the Astrals gathered in a place where the last void remained. Each them having the energy to help fill it. As they worked the Galaxy Far Far Away was created, sitting near the edge of space and time, and closest to the Astral Plane as anything had ever come.

These Astrals though, were not the beings they had once been though. The many worlds they had shaped and gave birth to had affected them. And they became split, one group remained purely good. They were all that had been pure among the universe. The others, though, had grown evil. Being made up of all the darkness ever seen and known in the universe.

The Astrals, both sides, knew that if they did not do something, they would die and become nothing and all the universe they had created would fall apart into nothing. Many left the GFFA and went to other Galaxies, where they grew into what is known as Magic, others Sorcery. This then left the last of them, as they began to die, they formed together creating the Force. Having become one, the Force remained neutral, a blending of purity and evil canceling each other into just energy, but all was not well.

The Astrals had relied on the different species from all over the universe to create this final Galaxy, meaning that some would be good, others evil, and some on the border between the two.

As the Force settled into place and became one with its new Galaxy the Astral Plane descended upon it and all other Galaxies, becoming an alternate dimension of existence. Being divided between where those who were good and those who were Evil would go.

Yet two Astrals, one Pure and one Evil, retained their spirits of consciousness, making them able to use the Force to communicate subtlety.

Time passed and the Force became known to the sentients of the Galaxy. With each action a ripple was left within the Force. Each of these ripples were then retained as energy within the Force by the Two Astral Spirits. As time continued to pass the Force became painted by these actions forming a Light side and Darkside. But those weren't the only things created, there were also different degrees of right and wrong, the Force then became painted, on one end it was Black with pure evil, on the other bright and brilliant with the Light, and in between were reds, blues, purples, yellows, oranges, greens, pinks, and many other varying colors. These actions retained their identity in the force because of the Astrals, and each degree empowered one or the other. One could only hope that neither can again gain their physical attributes and enter into the mortal realm of existence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3000 yrs, BBY

20 years ago, two twin boys were born their mother nor Father known. One joined the Jedi wanting to be one to uphold Justice ad what he perceived to be right. His brother had left following his own path and found himself amongst the Sith.

Marc had went to Ruusan where he learned he was gifted in the power of Prophecy, Dak had went to Korriban, where he too learned he was given the gift
  14. pashatemur Force Ghost

star 4
    The Galaxy at War Part III: Schism of the Sith has openings for Imperial and Jedi Canon charaters, one of which is Yoda! Although we are a long going game, we have synopses ready to inform new players. (SEE BELOW!) Interested parties intrigued by the idea of writing in an AU telling of the OT should contact Pashatemur.

http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/19852125/p1

and the most recent page

http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/19852125/p259

ONCE UPON A TIME, IN A GALAXY FAR, FAR AWAY?

It was but a brief period between the beginning of the Clone Wars and the fall of the Grand Republic, that the seemingly disparate and unrelated events leading to the rise of the Empire began to converge as Master Windu had begun to recognize and only one other had a better grasp of this convergence than the now dead Jedi Master, his name, Palpatine, Emperor of the Galactic Empire!

The Clone Wars had strained the Republic, had decimated the ranks of the Jedi Order, and ravaged lives and worlds alike. Practically none were free from the touch of this plague and Jedi knight Anakin Skywalker and his beloved Padme Naberrie Amidala, knew even less peace than most. Their secret marriage and forbidden attachment was strained by Anakin?s long absences and his growing dark demeanor, their respective obligations, and Anakin?s visions.

Senator Amidala, struggling to maintain secrecy in order to protect her husband, was still very much a prominent figure in the affairs of the Republic. Along with Senators Bail Organa and Mon Mothma, Padme Amidala lead a growing group of Senators and officials alarmed over Supreme Chancellor Palpatine's ever-increasing power and the consequent erosion of personal rights and liberties. In an effort to force Palpatine from office, Amidala called a vote of 'no confidence,' defeated by just one vote...the deciding vote in favor of Palpatine was from newest Senator, the Reina of Ursa, Celeste.

While the Senate fumbled under its own corruption. The Jedi were deployed though out the Galaxy, their numbers thinning and stressed they strove to deal with the sudden and overwhelming conflagration of conflicts. A Jedi named Eme-ma Himou and his former-Master, Kit Fisto, encountered the dreaded Kaleesh General Grievous on Dantooine. After the apparent death of his master in this battle, Himou, despondent and bereft left the Order to prevent the widespread killing spree of two Cartaoan Brothers.

An attempted assassination and destruction of her home on Coruscant caused Padme to flee to remote Baltimn. Here she sought refuge amongst the mysterious and powerful Ladies of Sanctuary. Of unknown origin and seemingly ageless, the Ladies did not welcome the intrusion of Jedi Skywalker, sent to find the missing Senator, and Jedi Himou ? Himou having traveled to Sanctuary for ulterior motives, for he sought a crystal of certain importance. One for which the Cartaoans searched as well.

Recovered from a near fatal wound, as one of the mysteries women having taken the form of Padme, stabbed him in the heart, Anakin mistrusted the women and removed Padme against her will to a waiting Republic destroyer where Himou and two dark-sided users attempted to flee with the Senator. After foiling the escape in heated combat, Anakin, in a fit of anger, struck his pregnant wife, knocking her to the ground, precipitating a separation and her eventual divorce. In a deep sadness, Padme retreated to Naboo where she gave birth to the twins, Tanis & Luke who are concealed as children of her staff. Her legal counsel, Sio Bibble, issues restraining orders, false death notices for the twins and the divorce to Skywalker.

In the meantime, the Council, overwhelmed with calls upon its number to help put out the hot spots of conflict around the Galaxy, assigned Skywalker, in a stopgap measure, as Security Advisor to the mysterious Matriarch and Reina of Ursa, Marie-Celeste. Her system of Ursa, a wealthy system, has come under the eye of Count Dooku. A ke
  15. Dark-Enigma Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am now adopting the concept of Winged_Jedi's "RPG for Sale" idea, and putting an RPG idea of mine onto the market for a future GM to consider creating. If you are interested in using this idea, I ask that you toss me a PM first, just to get my final permission. Here it is:

There is a league. A small legion. An organization that lives by its own rules, its own clock, taking orders from no one. They are hidden, concealed from the world of mere mortals. But it is this world that they protect. Evils appear from the skies, from underground, from the air of the atmosphere. And it is this league that diminishes them, defeats them, extinguishes their attempts at enormities. They have powers, abilities that are inhuman. They are less than gods, but more than men, and possess traits that are remarkable. The world only catches glimpses of them from time to time when they are defeating the evils that threaten Earth. But they do not appreciate them. They believe that they are misfits, and do not belong in their "perfect" world. But yet, the organization still thrives, motivated by protecting their world, for it is theirs just as much as the rest of the mortals. Where they come from, they do not know. But they are there now, and the present is all that matters. They do not dwell on the past, and do not look towards the future. They focus on the now, and defeating all evil. They are the Legion of Enigma.

But on December 12th of the year 2016, newly elected president Lionel Newhouse issued a demand to the country and it's militia that the Legion of Enigma shall now fall and diminish from the eye of America. He proclaimed that any individual, man or woman, would be executed if found guilty of assisting the Legion in their "sinister" aspirations. Of course, most of the world despises the Legion regardless, so this affects her citizens little.

The Legion of Enigma knows that they cannot stand up to the prodigious world with what little members they have. But the arrival of a superhuman who shares their ideals possessing powers superior to their own may turn the tide of the impending war?and the future of mankind.

Again, I ask that you send me a PM before actually creating a game based on this synopsis. :)/>/>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.