main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV RPG Epilogue: Vanguard of a New Era (conclusion)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Story telling and role-playing only, please.

Survivors of on board the Crucible Thorn:

Kleff Rixxard, with one hand severed
    Axia Doneeta
    Tira Doneeta
    Kastor Surool (spelling? did I screw up your last name completely?)
    Dyson Billaba

... and did I miss anyone that was on the ship (that you know about, anyway?)

Kleff, in a Glaze induced fury, was able to cleave Maace Windu in two, starting at the top of his head. In one of the halves that fell, he saw a blinking green light. Upon further inspection, he understood it to be a tiny dead-man device, wired to Maace's heart. The light blinked in tandem with Maace's heart, which was now beating very erratically... and then a second later, stopped. The light on the device turned from a blinking green to a solid red, and began to emit a high pitched, almost supersonic whine. In the distance, a huge explosion was heard. The ground itself shuddered...

elswhere, Depa was struck down by the Mandalorians after being snared, and after she seemingly willingly turned off her own saber. That was when a young dark skinned man appeared from the woods, walking with a staff, and knelt down near her. Touching her face, he looked at the sky, and with his tear stained face locking in mask of pain, he cried "Mother! Nooooooooooooo!" Standing up, he turned and faced the Mandalorians, his eyes now flashing the fire of vengeance. Large cat like predators emerged from the woods, and seemingly at his command, attacked the remaining Mandalorians. Long story short, they were decimated, and at the end the was this young man, Dyson Billaba, and Kastor, who faced each other. After talking a bit, they reached an agreement of sorts, with Kastor's retribution having already been satisfied. Together, they made their way to the Crucible Thorn. (did Dyson bring any of his cats with him?)

Axia, please tell the story leading to your knighting prior to the ship lifting off. You can summarize just the main, key points if you wish. At that point, I will tell it.

2. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    Kaster Saruul :)
    Dyson didn't bring any cat's onboard.
    Third times a charm I guess, as my third character survived the campaign :D

3. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
  4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Story and role-playing only, as I mentioned above. If you sent me a PM, I will be notified of it, you don't have to tell me you sent it, it just clutters up this thread. MRV1N is dead, there is nothing more to tell. If you really feel the need for closure, discuss it with me, perhaps I will narrate it. Thanks for understanding, MRV1N.

This thread is for me to close the story, and for those who survived to finish role-playing and get closure to the campaign.

5. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    (continuing the story of the final game, some liberities have been taken becuase A, I couldnt remember exactly what happened and B, something I wish I had done and hopefully Talon will allow)

Axia could only watch in horror unable to assist as her mother and Runsae fought. She was too weak to fight and she knew it, Axia would only throw her life away. There was something she could try though. She gathered the force around her to give Runsae a "suggestion" he?d be powerless to ignore. Unfortunately she was never able to issue that command as an unseen force grabbed Axia by the neck and forced her to her knees.

Runsae looked over at Axia. "We'll have none of that now."

Axia choked once or twice and was then able to breathe normally again, but for the time being she could no longer speak.

The battle between her mother and Runsae continued. Axia was unable to rise to her feet having suffered even more damage to her already battle-weary body. Runsae continued to batter away at Tira?s defenses. Axia knew her mother was holding back, keeping herself from tapping into the dark side of the force, she was keeping her promise to Axia. Her promise not to actively use or seek the dark side of the force while in this final battle between the factions on the planet of Ilum.

Tira fell to one knee and Runsae continued to hammer away at Tira until finally her saber was battered away, flying from Tira?s grasp. Tira fell to the ground and Runsae stood over her ready to kill.

Runsae just sneered at Tira ?You are pathetic. I can feel the dark side within you. You have the power to fight me and yet you don?t. Why? Just give in to the hate. Embrace the power. Don?t be this pathetic weakling!? Runsae looked over to Axia. ?This is your doing! Your influence! Never quite embraceing the dark side and thinking you work for the Jedi.?

Runsae turned his attention back to Tira. He grabbed the front of her tattered robes and began dragging her towards Axia. ?I know what will make you embrace your power. You wont blindly watch as I kill your daughter. He announced dumping Tira next to Axia before lifting his blade to strike.

Axia tried to stop Runsae from using his lightsaber but still couldn?t get the words out to carry her ?suggestion.?

At the last moment Tira through herself over Axia and pulled her out of the way rolling with Axia. Axia, to her horror smelt burnt flesh and saw the pain in Tira?s eyes. However, that was all she saw in Tira?s eyes. She was free of the dark side. Just like her father had been before he died. Axia was afraid that her mother had been slain. No, she thought. I can not have found both parents only to lose them both so quickly.

Axia laid her mother to her side and found the strength to stand, to face Runsae.

?Now give in and embrace the dark side. Don?t die like your mother. Join me.?

Axia saw her mother out of the corner of her struggle to her feet. Axia helped her. Both mother and daughter supporting the other.

?No, she won?t.? Tira said with a slight shake of her head. ?She is a Jedi, like her mother before her.?

Axia stood straighter suddenly knowing it was true. She was a Jedi and her mother had been redeemed. Axia had succeeded but still the dark side would be a problem for her. She knew this because she knew Runsae still had to be dealt with and Axia?s plan was to simply kill him.

?So be it.? Runsae said and raised his saber to strike Tira.

?Turn it off.? Axia said calmly calling on the Force.

Runsae still made a sweeping gesture with his hand holding the saber that would have cleaved her mother in two had he not turned off his saber.

Yet, the distinctive hum of a saber could be plainly heard. Runsae looked down to see a orange lightsaber blade plunged into his abdomen. Axia held her saber steady as the life drained from Runsae?s eyes for the second time. She held her saber steady as Runsae fell and the blade cut up and through his torso. Until when he hit the ground did Axia turn off her saber.

Axia put her saber away and held out her hand. At nearly the

6. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    And so it was that Axia was knighted as a Jedi by the spirit form of the last member of the Jedi council of the Old republic. Her father made peace with Axia and when faced with the choice of remaining who he was or finding redemption at the cost of his life and saving his daughter he would choose the later.

Axia was happy that he had been redeemed as well.

Her master before fading away asked Axia to take Her son and the last of the survivors with her. Axia did not want to take the Mandalorian or Kleff but acquiesced to her master?s desires.

Tira, though gravely wounded would live. So the planet Ilum shuddered once again as Kleff Rixxard , Tira Euxine, Kaster Saruul, Dyson Billaba and Axia Euxine lifted off the planet onboard the Crucible Thorn.

The silver ship sped away from the planet and its passengers bore silent witness as the planet Ilum destroyed it?s self, a victim of the mad Maace Windu?s machinations.

The only thing said came from Tira Euxine as she breathed a soft, ?Goodbye my love.?

Later, Axia had a moment with her mother where she offered her mother her spacious quarters onboard the ship.

?Are you offering me the Crucible Thorn?? Her mother asked.

Axia paused for a moment. ?No.? She said with a smile. ?Just the quarters. I thought you might need the added comfort.?

?No these quarters and their responsibility are your now. Ill be comfortable elsewhere on the ship.?

Axia?s master before fading away had told her padawan that her son Dyson would have something for her. It seemed that Dyson had a Jedi holocron belonging to the Jedi Master Yoda. This was entrusted to Axia?s care along with this duty. ?It is your duty to give this holocron to one who will need it. You will know who and when, let the force be your guide.?

Later, upon reflecting on this duty and opening herself to the Force Axia would see a great vision and a blond headed human. She did not know exactly who he was but she knew this was the man whom the holocron was destined. The vision also imparted a name?. Skywalker.

7. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    The next day. (The SW RPG continued)

Axia woke feeling very, very rested. She dressed in the leather pants, boots, halter top and leather jacket she had come to Ilum with. Her master had asked to keep her abilities hidden from the galaxy so she could complete her last mission. So Axia dressed not in the Jedi robes she had finally, truly earned but in the clothes she had arrived at Ilum with. She had lost her Naboo blaster on that planet. So she put her lightsabers on under her jacket in the new shoulder holsters she had designed for them. She would keep her weapons hidden. Hidden under the jacket she had bought on Tatooine. The jacket Petra had worn for a time.

Axia took a last look at herself in the mirror and was struck at the number of tattoo's she had on her left lekku and around her left eye. Trophies of people she had killed. Tattoos she no longer wanted. She was a jedi knight now, quite possible the last. They bothered her.

Also jarring was the missing tip of her left Lekku. She wondered what memories had been lost if any. It was not much of the Lekku but still...

She exited her quarters and found her mother eating in the galley. Axia smiled and sat down next to her. After some light conversation Axia held up her right thumb bringing attention to the wide metal ring that was there. "So mother, what is this ring for?"

(At this point if Protoss or Kleff wanted to wrap up anything...hint, hint)

Take it away Talon!

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Axia: I believe that at the game, you clarified with me that you retrieved Kryl's saber, so no problem.

All Survivors on the Thorn: Now is the time to role play any loose ends, so feel free.

Tira looked up at her daughter. She was missing the tip of a lekku, the same as her. Axia had lost it to Runsae's blade before he was defeated. She was a jedi now, a fact she would have to keep hidden from the Galaxy. The planet Ilum was destroyed as a result of Maace's madness, yet the explosions that he had rigged to destroy the temple and the hidden vault and laboratory seemed to have triggered something else. Those explosions would have been enough to lay waste to several city blocks, but insane as Maace turned out to be, how would he have blown up the planet itself? Ilum was destroyed in a spectacular fireball as the Crucible Thorn raced away, and it was at that point that Tira felt something in the force. Something huge, emanating from that planet, a shockwave that rippled outwards and into the galaxy. She had not mentioned it to Axia at that moment, but she had even felt it through her lightsaber, being that they were linked through the force... Tira wasn't sure what it all meant, and it didn't feel evil or good, it didn't reasonate with the lightside or the darkside, it just felt... right. Like it was 100% the will of the force... strange, Tira thought. I will have to meditate on this further at a later time.

(Axia, give me two sense checks, and who have you told about Yoda's Holocron?)

9. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    No one has been told about Yoda's holocron, even dear ol mom. My sense checks will have to wait as I have not leveled my character yet. Guess I'll have to do that when I get home.

I was aware of the lightsaber crystal shaking at the destruction of Ilum as well. I forgot about that.

(Do you need the sense checks b4 Tira answers Axia?)

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    no, if you already knew about the explosion in the force and felt it resonate through your saber crystals, then there is no need for the sense checks. Check back for her reply to you.

11. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Kleff... full of regret for killing Axia's father and deep respect for Axia's forgivness... decides to stay on full time as Axia's loyal right hand Duros... unfortunatly, he no longer has a right hand, thanks to Maace. About his hand, he decides against getting a normal robot hand, and insted, looks to aquire a mechanical gizmo that would be attached to him arm and allow it to plug into any starship, giving him very accurate manuvering ability while attached. And that's about it. He tried being an adventurer, a fighter, and a Jedi, but he'll just stick to being a pilot... a personal pilot for Axia.

12. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Kleff's boring, I know, but that shouldn't kill this thread.

13. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Sorry, I was in an all day meeting away from my computer...

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Tira looks up at Axia.

"That ring... where did you get that ring?"

15. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia looks at her mother. "That wasnt the reaction I was expecting. I got it from the same person who has been keeping this ship for the last 22 years, Rykel. He seemed to know little about it and lab tests on it revealed even less. Whats it for?"

Axia assumed the ring carried some significance otherwise why would Rykel have held on to it.

16. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "That ring... where precisely did you get it?"

17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    "A messenger of Rykel's gave it to me at one of his secondary bases on Naboo." Axia says

18. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "What did Rykel or the messenger tell you about it? It does look familiar to me the more I look at it. The more you tell me, the more I might remember... Unfortunately, part of this information might have been severed along with the tip of my headtail...."

Axia: BTW, I may, even though the game is over, still add some sort of memory penalty to you since you had the tip of your headtail severed as well. Do you have any memories you'd like to lose? Although I have some ideas, I am open to suggestions.

19. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    "Let me see I believe Rykel said that he had no idea what it was for and that you had given it to him for safekeeping and that it would go to me when the time came."

OOG: Im really tempted to say the Petra memories, especially the darker ones, but Its such an important part of Axia's character. Or maybe the moments when Axia was her darkest, the wookie's death. The slaughter in the streets of theed or even the whole 500 deaths thing. BTW I dont remember. What did you say my DS points were down to?

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    OOG: Hmmm.... let's say your DSP's are at 1 less than 1/2 your wisdom score. How many is that?

I will say that you no longer remember FROM right before the death of Petra (right before you felt her death, anyway) all the way THROUGH when Rykel's guys were arriving to take you away from the epicenter of the 500 meter event. So, you don't remember going the the alleyway, accompanied by the acrobatic assassins who kept you alive, all you did there, and taking Petra's body back and the resultant event in the Force that got Petra into the amulet. You memories start with you and Rykel's guys (and Petra's body) leaving the building to go to the ship.

Not remembering is strange, and has left some holes in your feelings, such as why you were as angry with Kleff as you were, etc. You have pieced together what has happened from the surrounding memories before and after the chunk that is missing. Not remembering has also had an unexpected side effect...

Subtract an additional 2 points from your DSP's.

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Kleff Rixxard:

You fly the ship, considering the attachment you wish to get for your arm. You wonder about your actions on that planet, and you think about the effects that Glaze had on you. Every now and then you still experience tremors throughout your body. You hope they will go away.

You glance down at the instrumentation. Roll spot and pilot for me.

Axia Doneeta:

You mother looks at you. "That ring... I think I remember now, I used to wear that ring. Before I had to flee, I gave it to Rykel to give to you. Through the force, I knew he would be able to... but where did I get it, and what was it's significance? I- I can't remember! I know it was important, otherwise I wouldn't have gone to such pains to make sure you got it. I think it had something to do with your father... perhaps the memory will come back to me later."

Kaster Saruul:

You are on the ship. You are wearing your armor (except the helmet which is in your quarters). Currently, you're in the mess hall, and Dyson sits across from you. He looks at you and says, "So, what are your plans, Kaster?"

22. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia takes one last look at the ring and lowers her hand. "So mother, what do you plan to do when we get back to civilization? I hope after all this time that you will stay with me."

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "After all this time, I would like nothing more. I have lost my husband, a second time. There is no way I will lose my daughter a second time as well. Not if I have a choice in the matter." She smiles at you.

24. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia sighs heavily, it is obvious that she is greatly relieved by her mother's answer. She nods her head slowly. "That..." She puases slightly. Axia was going to have a more exuberant reaction but then cuaght herself. From her time spent on Ilum Axia observed that Jedi tend to be more reserved. "...that pleases me mother. My master had some parting instructions for me. I know this assignment will no be easy."

Axia looks over her shoulder at the others in the galley. "I will not discuss it here however. Your assitance will be greatly appreciated."

25. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "Certainly, Axia." Tira rises and her face lights up in a smile, and she hugs you. After several long moments, she lets go. "Not all emotion is bad and to be suppressed. Handling your emotion appropriately is better than avoidance. Avoidance can make you crazy (she winks at you). I know, you might think that is the dark side talking again, but you can be your own judge in the matter. We have plenty of time, now."

She glances at the others in the galley. "I am ready whenever you are to hear of the last task given to you by your old Master. And congratulations on attaining knighthood- I... we are very proud of you. At some point, we should get to know our shipmates better. An interesting cast of characters will soon be let loose on the Galaxy..." She chuckles.

"I think there is no more purifying left to be done in this Crucible, though." She feels the bulkhead near where she stands. "She will serve you well, Axia."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.