RPG Epilogue: Vanguard of a New Era (conclusion)

Discussion in 'Southern Nevada, NV' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    3+1=4 great....just great

Axia could never get an intelligence or sense motive check to save her soul.
  2. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    That's okay. The intelligence check was for something that was not real obvious.

Anything else, that you as a player can determine, and that your character can arrive at logically, is fine.

Your move.
  3. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    "Mother...if I had wanted to rule the galaxy with you why would I have worked so hard to turn you from the dark side?" Axia turns her attention to Petra. "And you are dead, that is your destiny, as of mine that is for the Force to decide, not you, not me."
  4. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Your father, mother and Petra vanish. The crowd of Naboo vanish. You look around, and you cannot even see the walls and floor anymore. The mist in the room increases, and there is just enough luminance coming from some unknown source so you can see.

You hear the sound of mechanical breathing. It is coming closer. From out of the shadows and mist emerges the tall figure of Darth Vader.

"So... we meet again, twilek."
  5. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Axia tilts her head to one side. The tour down evil-lane is beginning to wear thin with her. "and here I was just told that you hadn't survived, Anakin."
  6. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    "I am Lord Vader. I did not survive.

So, you found your mother. Your insight served you well. Now what will you do?"
  7. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Axia steps closer to Vader. "Yes, it did. You told me that looking for my mother was a fool's quest as I recall. Yet, how could you recall that I saved her? Becuase you were not there. What is it that you want image of Vader? Perhaps its true that you are no more seeing as nothing but the dead are visiting me. Petra, my father, what my mother use to be...all dead.." Axia puases and turns away walking a few steps before turning back to Vader. "If you're going to continue with me I'd rather talk to Petra's image. Its the one you'd have the most luck with anyway and Im used to her lying to me and not telling me what she's really after..."
  8. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Vader stands stock still, and in his deep voice says "You did not answer my question, jedi."

He says the word jedi as if it were an insult.
  9. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    "You are not Vader, I feel no need to answer your question."
  10. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    "Perhaps this will help convince you of my authenticity."

Is your back towards him right now?

Roll will save.
  11. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    No, I said I turned back around. Will save is 11+6=17
  12. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    You see Lord Vader raise his left hand, and slowly close his fingers together, as if he is going to make a fist. He doesn't close them all the way, just partly.

You feel your throat begin to constrict, it is very painful, and very difficult to breath.

subtract 4 wound points.

How many wound points and vitality to you have left?
  13. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    77 Vitality and 19 -4 wounds (your wounds dont go up with leveling right?)

Axia knows clawing at her throat won't help so she resists the urge to do so. "I...never...said...that you....couldn't...hurt me."
  14. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    He lets you go, you drop.

Give me a reflex save to see if you fall to your knees, or keep standing.

"I was once like you, Axia Euzine. A jedi, submitting to their code, and their ways. What I came to find out was that inherent in their code were limitations, boundaries, purposely placed their to hold me back, to keep me from embracing my true power. These limitations are the same ones you now seek to embrace. I have been there, Axia. It is a dead end path, a false one, devised long ago by mystics who feared that their pupils would become too strong, mystics that did not trust their pupils. So they taught them to be cold, detached from their emotions, lest the darkside that is in every beings heart rise up and take over. In the process of detaching from their own darkness, they also detached from other emotions- love, passion... they saw these as equally dangerous. Is that what you want?"

He walks up to you, and places a hand on your shoulder. "My time in this galaxy is over, but your time is just beginning. I eliminated the Emperor, you will face little opposition. I can intruct you, show you how to take your rightful place in the galaxy. Axia... finish what I have started. I choose you, not to be my 'hand', but to be my successor."

15. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    No, your wounds do not go up with leveling. The only time they do is if you take some feat that boosts your constitution or wounds, or if your Constitution Attribute rises and your modifier changes (then you retroactively apply the change in modifier to all your prior levels, I believe)
  16. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Reflex save 12+8=20

"I don't unserdstand Vader. I have seen visions of a blond haired man who has been referred to as the 'son of Skywalker'. If he is your son...Anakin, wouldnt he be a better choice to follow in your footsteps?"
  17. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    You are able to continue standing.

"He, like you, is misguided. I cannot talk to him any further. You, however, I can talk to, and I sense that you might serve this purpose better than he would. I will not sacrifice this great cause to sentimental notions of family. It deserves to go to the one who is best suited for the task at hand.

Yes, he is the son of Skywalker... but that's all."
  18. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    "I can not join you Vader, as you had to follow youe path I must follow mine."
  19. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    "And what path is that? What do you intend to do, if you survive?"
  20. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Axia becomes introspective for a moment. "I...if the empire has truly fallen then I have business on Naboo."
  21. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    You barely hear a weird voice, as if in a dream, come from all around you: "I gotta pulse over here." It sounds as if it is a thousand miles away. Shortly after hearing it, the ground shakes a bit, and Vader vanishes. Roll listen

22. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    listen 5+2=7, wow

Axia sits and meditates, concentrating on the voice.
  23. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    You hear the voice say something else, but you can't make it out

a moment later, the floor shakes again (roll reflex)

and suddenly, you are in an office. A beautiful, elegant office, decorated in red, and with interesting statues. There is an incredibly impressive desk, with two chairs in front of it, and behind this desk is a man.

Roll intelligence.
  24. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Reflex 2+8=10
    Intelligence 1+1=2

I assume with those brilliant rolls Axia has to pick herself up off the floor and had no idea who the man behind the desk is.

Axia takes in the office and the expansive view. "Well I much perfer these surroundings. I love the view from your office."
  25. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, you stumble.

The man behind the desk is human, looks to be in his 50's. He hurries out from behind. He is wearing very very nice, flowing robes. Obviously someone very important, although he looks very familiar.

"Please let me help you up, have a seat..." his voice is pleasant, and he smiles at you.

By the time he gets to you, you are already standing. He takes his seat behind the desk again, and waits for you to take a seat. "It is a nice view, a perk of the position."

"Perhaps you recognize me. My name is Palpatine."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.