main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV RPG Epilogue: Vanguard of a New Era (conclusion)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia brushes imaginary dirt off of herself and takes a seat. She adjusts the leather jacket she's wearing before sitting back in the chair . The jacket still smells faintly of Petra and of the alley in which she was killed. Not either being an unpleasant smell since the alleys of Theed are not like alleys found elsewhere in the galaxy. The smell of Petra reminds Axia of what she thought to be thier friendship.

The most promient smell on the jacket is a mixture of the sand of Tatooine where the jacket was purchased and the leather it was made from.

"A position you no longer hold Emperor Palpatine. Or so I have been informed."

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    "Ah. Emperor. Yes, well, that was only the next logical step from Supreme Chancellor, wasn't it?"

He pauses. He holds his hands together as he talks.

"Yes. In answer to your question, I am no longer Emperor, I was cast from that position, as you saw, by my second in command, Lord Vader. Doing so killed him, in any case. Would you like to see me as I was, at the time just before my death? I could do that for you, if you wish. This appearance and surroundings might be more comfortable for you, Jedi Euzine. The other version of me is much older, and the view is only of a space battle."

He waits for you to answer, smiling pleasantly at you.

3. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    "My name is Doneeta." Axia says calmly, in that maddening way Jedi have. "And these surroundings are fine." she finishes knowing this vision will do what it wills.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "Very well, Miss Doneeta. Let me apologize for my theatrics earlier, with Petra, and your mother and father, and even with Vader. I should have just appeared to you myself, rather than going through those charades."

roll sense motive, if you want.

5. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Ummm , no thanks.

"So the rest were just images and you are really who you appear to be?"

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    That is correct, Miss Doneeta. I am who I say I am, albeit with a younger face on, from an earlier time in my career.

Those other images were used first, because I thought they would suffice. Clearly, they did not have the desired effect I thought they might. Forgive me for the... annoyance. What they were ineptly trying to tell you is what I will tell you right now.

Let me cut to the chase. There is a power vacuum in the Galaxy. The son of Skywalker will, in his own way, try to fill this void. He will be inept, and will leave the galaxy to be run by committee. He will be weak as a leader, and will choose only to try to rebuild the Jedi. He will succeed, but what he builds will only be a pale shadow of what they once were. They will command little respect, and will be at odds with the Galactic Government. He will try to remain uninvolved in politics, and that will be his undoing. Even within the Jedi that he rebuilds, his grasp on it's leadership will be tenuous, he will fail time and time again. His indecisions, and failure to act will be a disgrace.

I have foreseen it.

Surely, you know of my distaste for the jedi. Rather than get into the reasons why I feel that way, let me simply say this: This new jedi order that Skywalker will build will be handicapped by their own inner discord, their lack of decisive action will ultimately allow much of the galaxy to be overrun with chaos. The tradegies that this galaxy has seen is nothing compared to what is to come.

This is where you come in. Regardless of what people have thought of me, I took the action necessary to galvanize this galaxy under one Empire. An Empire that would have been able to not only fight the coming terror, but to push it back. To destroy it. This is the organization and leadership that this galaxy needs. Unfortunately, I am no longer available for the position. But you are.

What I propose, Miss Doneeta, is that you allow me to guide you just enough to point you in the right direction. You will gain credence with what is left of the Empire. You will not be my 'hand' or 'instrument', the way I have had others, but you would be my hand picked successor. I will give you the information you need so that this will not be disputed. Under my tutelage, and with your leadership, the Empire will rise again, squash this fledgling Rebellion-turned-Republic, and be ready for any threat to come. You would be able gather force-users to you, and train them up as you wish. They would call you Master. You would command the military. You could command planets. It all would be yours for the taking...

What do you say, Miss Doneeta...

What do you say, Emperess?

OOG: besides your reply, i need a sense motive, and intelligence, and a listen. And another intelligence.

7. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia sits back in her chair and gets comfortable. "Lets assume I believe every word you've said. Why, with your obvious anti-alien policy would you want me to lead your empire?"

I'll get those rolls for you after I get off work.

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "You will find, that in cases of extreme skill or talent, I will make exceptions. And my bias is not what it once was. I have realized that skill and talent comes in many packages. Just recently, I employed a diverse group of bounty hunters of which many were aliens. I have been known to deal with the Chiss, as well...

In light of what you bring to the table, your species doesn't matter. The fact is, you simply have what it takes."

9. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    "and what would that be?"

OOG: The whole Empress thing would be VERY cool to explore but Axia worked so hard to redeem herself and her mother, besides I made my dark side will save.

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    OOG: But you are tainted, remember. It's up to you. And I still need those rolls? :)

IG: "You have the ability to be ruthless when you have to. You know how to accomplish your goals, via any means necessary. You have a strong connection to the Force, and when you want to be, you can be a masterful manipulator. You have backed up with force your promised to others. You can be singleminded in your purpose, to the exclusion of the cares of others...

...and you have tasted the power of the Dark Side, and wielded it well. The Dark Side is strong in you, can you feel it? It is how I can talk to you now. It is why I choose you now. Don't let the Jedi hold you back, and constrain you."

11. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    sense motive 10+6=16
    intelligence 9+1=10
    listen 10+2=12
    intelligence 16+1=17

"The Jedi can't hold me back. You killed them all. You made it so my parents had to go into hiding. You made it so my paernts had to abandon me! Why would I ever join you!?

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    He seems to be a bit hurried, at least a little more hurried than he was a few minutes ago.

You hear a weird echoey voice yet, like it's far away, but it is very loud. You almost wince when you hear it, but you can't make out the words. Whatever they are saying, it sounds urgent. Palpatine shows no reaction to this.

"Hmmm... you are correct."

He gets up, and walks towards you from behind his desk, and for the first time, he loses some of the pleasantness and frailty, and replaces it with a hint of menace and purpose.

"You need to realize, that what I did, helped shape who you are now. Without me, you would not have the qualities you do. If I had to do it all over again, I would do it the same. If your mother were here, and she tried to hold you back from joining me, I would not hesitate to eliminate her. Don't let foolish romanticism stand in the way of a great future."

13. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Axia rises from her chair to meet the emperor face to face. "You obviously know nothing about me Palpatine. I can think for myself. It was I that came back from the dark side, my mother had little to do with it. In fact, she was on the Dark side when I finally found her. It was largely my presence that redeemed her. If my mother can't make me embrace the Dark side you have no chance.

Threatening my mother only exemplifies why I would not join you and a poor tactical choice on your part.

Now, you will undoubtably show your superiority by attacking me. If you do that you will at best strengthen my resolve and at worst kill your would be Empress."

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Your surrounds change. Suddenly you are on the bridge of some ship, the lighting is lower, less pleasant, and has a military feel to it. Through the viewport, you see a space battle raging, vast in it's scope.

Palpatine changes, too. It seems he gets smaller, as if he hunched over. His face wrinkles, and becomes ghostly white as he ages. His robes change color, becoming darker, and then they morph into a black hooded cloak of some dark material. The look in his eyes no longer is human, and they seem to be abyssmal pits of the darkside, rotting with their hellish insight, mad with power. You have never come face to face with something like this before. Not even your father in the dungeon could come close.

"Your insight serves you well... " His voice is a horrible, twisted, gutteral, cracked version of what it once was.

He stands with his hands in front of him pointed slightly downwards, almost as if it is the only position his wretched body will allow without pain.

Roll will save.

15. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    3+6=9 Will save.

If lightning comes at me Im gonna try and deflect it with my saber.

Deflect 1+2+5=8

OOG FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS HOLY!

16. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Fear Grips you... you are standing toe to toe with the Emperor at the height of his power, and he does not seem happy.

Take a -2 to all skill checks, saves and attacks.

Regardless of how bad you want to appear composed, you know you might be showing signs of the fear...

Roll a d6

1. sweat
    2. increased breathing rate
    3. both of the above
    4. you must take a step back, and number 1 and 2 above
    5. you are visibly shaking
    6. all symptoms above.

"Why don't you take your revenge on me now? I have already been defeated by Skywalker and his son, I am weakened..." he utters, his voice taking on a slightly higher, lilting pitch.

17. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    I cant believe this, I rolled a damn 6.

18. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    axia backs up a couple of steps, the fear starting to seap into her. she doesnt want to, she knows fear is the path to the dark side. Her forehead becomes moist with sweat and she starts to visibly shake. Disgusted at her own weakness she digs her fingernails into the palms of her hands to try and concentrate on the pain instead of the fear.

"Does this type of taunting actually work with anyone you are trying to turn? I know you arent weak."

19. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "Brave words, but your trembling betrays your true feelings... perhaps you would consider the lives of your friends and family? If you do not return to the dark side, and embrace what I have for you, they will die...

With one limp hand, he gestures to the giant viewport. The scene of the space battle changes, and instead you see nebulous clouds of blue, with intermittent flashing. You can even hear a low booming that accompanies the flashing. You recognize it as the bizarre storm you hit before you ended up here. The perpective that you view it with is as if you are far away. The perspective seems to be zooming closer, and you see a small dark spot that it is zooming in on. Then you see, as you draw closer, that the dark spot is a ship, which is dark, not under power, but slowly spinning, and occasionally being hit with blue lightning. As you get even closer, you realize with growing horror that the ship you see is the Crucible Thorn, tumbling end over end lifelessly, with scorch marks marring it's hull, and each flash of lightning reflecting off of it.

The perspective changes, and you see the bridge area, and it is a nightmare: smoke coming from the console, haze in the air, sparks flying from instrumentation, bodies scattered everywhere, draped over chairs, your mother even hanging limp in the restraining straps of her chair.

You see you, laying on the ground, face up, eyes closed, in a pool of blood. You don't look very good.

"Join me, Axia, and I will give you the power to save yourself and your friends. If you do not join me, they, and you, will die."

Roll Spot.
    Roll Intelligence.
    Roll Sense Motive.

20. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
  21. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    spot 15+4=19
    Intelligence 16+1=17
    Sense Motive 8+6=14

22. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    nice rolls, it doesn't look like you subtracted 2, so I will do it for you.

You notice that Kal's body is not accounted for on the bridge, and you notice bloody footprints leading from your body to the doorway to that exits the bridge. The footprints seem to be more that one person, or one person walking back and forth.

Several things click for you. You remember the sort of holo display that was played for you, that showed Vader looking over the edge, and then the explosion. First, you realize the perspective must have been the Emperor's own eyes, and that is what he saw last in life. Second, you realize that the explosion that marked the end of the Emperor looks quite a bit like the nebula and lighting that you witnessed surrounding your ship. Finally, you realize that there was something that was left out of the 'video' you witnessed. When you saw the son of Skywalker on the ground, writhing in agony from the blue lightning, you saw him mouth a word or two... but audio seems to have been deleted from what you saw.

Roll intelligence again (or any other suitable skill you think applies) to read his lips to know what he said, if you want to try to figure that out.

It also makes you wonder, is the Emperor dead, then? Then what is this that you are dealing with? His spirit? Is it linked to this blue, lightning filled energy nebula that came rushing at your ship and enveloped it?

Finally, you sense that somehow in an almost indiscernable way, the Emperor seems like he is trying to hurry things. You get the impression that if it were not so, you could take his time and you would never realize that you were being manipulated and played (based on what you know about him). If he is in a hurry, that is in your favor. You think.

[Okay, now you can respond to him. And yes, I realize that was a lot of info, but you had it coming, your mind had been brewing it up, but your rolls kept prevented it from surfacing]

23. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    intelligence 8+1=9 sheesh

I know! "Axia to enterprise, one to beam up."

...no?

"Computer, End program."

..no? Okay

ig"Pressed for time Palpatine? If I turned from the dark side despite the wishes of Petra whom I...what makes you think I would ever join you? If she can't make me turn, no one can. I killed her to save myself, you have no hope."

24. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Intel roll not enought to read lips from an image you are remembering.

As if his words were essence of the dark side itself, he passes final judgement, controlled rage only evident in the wells of his eyes:

"So be it, jedi."

His mouth pulls back into a snarl, and he raises his hands towards you. Blue lightning begins to crackle around his hands, and as it launches to you, you see in the viewport blue lightning assault the darkened bridge of your ship, crackling through the bodies there, causing them to involuntarily writhe. It crackles across the instrumentation, causing small explosions. You know this could kill your mother and all aboard your ship, yourself included, let alone destroy the Crucible Thorn. If they are not already dead, that is.

Roll defense.

25. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Defense 14+7=21

"STOP IT!" Axia yells at the Emperor. "Just stop it. Prove to me you can deliver the resources I would need to become Empress and I will do as you say. Under one condition though, anyone I want free from harm is not to be touched starting with everyone on that ship!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.