main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN RPG Gaming

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Empyre, Feb 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Empyre

Empyre Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2000
    Our very own KnnOs Is going to start teaching us how to play. When I find out the time and place (or KnnOs is less busy) I will let you know. Currently he is thinking about starting next weekend. If you know any place we could do it, please post suggestions, as my family is still very sick and KnnOs lives in a closet here on campus.

Also I will extend an invitation on behalf of KnnOs to come see him in a play here at Holy Cross all this week at 8:00 PM. Admission is $5.00 normal, $2.00 for students.He would post this himself but he is a little busy preparing.

2. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    RPG Gaming...now that's a phrase I haven't heard in a long time...

I'm all for it. The only time I can't do it is Saturday nights, because I play the RPG with a few friends.

Is he going to be running WoTC or WEG?

As for the place to play....let get back to you on that.

BTW, what sport does Knnos play?

3. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    Well I got a spare moment to blink, so I decided to use it to check the board instead. I'm glad Empyre advertised the upcoming game. I'm looking right now at Saturday, March 3, around 8 at night until we decide to quit. I'm working with the WotC version (I'm not sure which one I like better so I want to get some experience with it, furthermore, all the new stuff will be coming out for the WotC version, which doesn't thrill me exactly because before it lost the license, WEG was getting ready to publish a sourcebook for the X-wing series. Sigh. if WotC doesn't do it, I'm going to be SERIOUSLY upset, and I don't beleive they will because of their focus on the NJO)

Anyway, it will be set post-Endor, not long after the events described in "Starfighters of Adumar" by Allston. Any type of character is welcome, though I suggest you focus on intelligence-agent type skills, things like computer use, search, spot, etc. Anyone is welcome to come, but if we are not going to be on the campus of St. Mary's, Notre Dame or Holy Cross, then I'm going to need a ride.

Basic information: I'm not throwing out much here.

One of the finest officers in New Republic Intelligence has gone missing. You are being hired (or ordered, or requested, depending on your character type) to find him.

This is a real doozy of an adventure. It sounds simple enough, but there are layers you haven't anticipated, I garantee.

MY knowledge of the rules is by no means perfect, though I do beleive I've got a handle on it mostly. This is therefore going to be a learning experience for me too, but don't worry I've had PLENTY of GMing experience. Speaking of experience, all experience levels are welcome, players and characters alike. You have an already established character (from either WotC or WEG), then bring him and you can use him, if you like.

that's all for now, class time! E-mail me at CDiGiovanna@hcc-nd.edu

4. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    wait a minute Mav, the only time you CAN NOT do it is saturdays? that's going to change things around a bit.
    how about Friday night at 8 then?

5. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Friday works fine for me. Let me know for sure via e-mail.

6. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Well, I would say that our first Role Play session went very well. We had a pretty fun time (or, at least, I did.)

It was Knnos, Empyre, and myself. That was, of course, not including the random visitors we had peeking over the table at Notre Dame; curious eyes wondering what we were immersed in.

Our first adventure was extremely eventful. We were sent on a mission by New Republic Intelligence. We had to travel to a remote planet controled by the Emperial Remnant. On the way to the planet, we were ripped out of hyperspace by a giant asteroid that was in our path. We were then attacked by two fighters, which Knnos and myself took out with the quad lasers. To make matters worse, we were latched on to an enemy cruiser's tracker beam. We eventually DID get to the planet, but that's another story.

Reporting live on the holonet, this is Joshua Gregory. Good night.

7. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    So are we on for tonight again?

8. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    Our Intel officer asked me to inform the Jedi, that he will be enjoying the sites of Alumar for over a week. Our mission, he says, is not as important as keeping him happy. Otherwise he might rip the arms of off a certain Jedi.

Actually KnnOs is busy packing since he is going home for the break next week. And he is very busy packing which is why I am posting for him.

9. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    If you guys want, we could do it at my house. I haven't done RPG since Jr.High School but what the heck.

I have plenty of room. As long as I have some notice to make sure I don't already have plans.

Let me know if you are interested.

Robbie

10. KnnOs

KnnOs Jedi Master star 2

Feb 8, 2001
    Well if someone can give me a ride, that'd be great. This Friday good?

11. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    If you need a ride, fleabag, I could provide you one. And my car is working better than it was so it is a lot safer.

12. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    So....are we going to attempt to play over the summer, or are we just waiting for our beloved wookiee to return?

13. Empyre

Jul 25, 2000
    I say yes. I should have most of the rules down by the time we meet again so I could GM like we decided previosly. Unless one of ou want to GM. I would be fine woth that also.

14. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Ya, we could, we don't need no stinkin wookie ...

15. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Yes, Empyre can GM, and I have purchased my own copy of the Core Rule book. We will be fine without the wookiee, though he will be missed :(

16. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Now who are we going to make fun of?

17. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Well, you know, we can still make fun of the wookiee, he just won't be around to hear it :)

18. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Ok, sounds good to me.

19. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Hey, how's that new job coming along?

20. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    I will post under "New Job"

21. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Oh, uh, yeah....I didn't actually check out the board...I was just clicking on the e-mails :D

22. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I just learned last night that Cathy (a.k.a. WOBDZ) will be our new Game Master for Star Wars! Everyone give her an applause! She mentioned something about this being an ewok-only campaign...

:eek:

23. BaseDeltaZero

Mar 5, 2001
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.