main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPG groups in Boston?

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by JediGaladriel, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    The Star Wars RPG looks like fun. I saw a demo on the website for it. It looks complicated though. I've never done a real RPG, just the kind in chat rooms.

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    it takes a bit to get eveything, but with a good GM you should be fine. It's basically like cowboys and indian but with rules :D

3. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    I'm up for anything :)

4. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Do you guys think I'd make a good GM? I think that's what I'd like to do.

5. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Sure, Why not?

6. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    I think it'd be good practice for making movies. After all, it is just another facet of storytelling.

7. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Anything to help your carear! :D

8. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    Gosh, Reese, do you do fan films? That would be good practice, too (and I've been hoping someone in the area was doing them... ;))

Anyway, sorry I've been dropped out for the last few days, but I'm still up for this sort of thing. D&D would be my vote, working up to SWRPG. Learn the more general, then move on to the specific... (And of course, my ulterior motive is learning one that I can then teach at the library during Teen Read Week.)

9. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    We have been thinking about doing a fanfilm for a long time now. Eric is going to filmschool so hopefully we'll get one done withiin the next 4 years.

10. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    I produced/wrote/directed a soap opera through most of my undergrad time. I was never any great shakes at the technical stuff (never had any instruction), but I enjoyed the whole process, so count me in if you get anything going.

11. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Perhaps I should start planning a fanfilm as well as my script for The Hobbit. That'd be a good start, if we're ever going to make one. :)

12. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I can play Jabba! I'd have to loose a couple pounds though...

13. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Hehehe. You're not that big, Dave. Now, my store's relief manager, he could play Jabba.

14. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    We should start a thread to come up with a plot line...

15. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Startimg a thread for a plotline for a fanfilm may not be such a good idea.

There are many wondering eyes thruout these forums,and if its a good plotline someone may happen to claim it for themselves,if you get my meaning.

16. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    we could always post it on the Rebels site, that way you can control who sees it :D

17. JediGaladriel

Sep 3, 1999
    There are ways to get private forums on a lot of the free boards. I guess I'm not used to the kind of free-for-all attitude; coming from the fanfic forum where everything is posted while in progress (though planning may be done elsewhere, just to keep the stage clean), it seems very cloak-and-dagger... :)

I did one fan film script (for JediMasterAaron; I don't know if he ever filmed it), and one of the helpful things we did ahead of time was figure out what resources he'd have available as far as the setting, the actors, the costumes, and all that. Then the script could be written in a way that would maximize what he did have available and minimize what he didn't (eg, if you can't get to a desert to film, it's probably best not to have the script set on Tatooine. Though it occurs to me that careful angling at Revere beach or something might do fairly well for it).

18. Kith Aris

Kith Aris Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 1999
    http://www.roleplayinggames.net

Try there. They have dedicated message boards, die rollers, online character sheets, and so on specifically for both AD&D (2nd and 3rd Edition) as well as the SWRPG (both the WEG and WOTC versions).

19. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    :confused:

[David Spade]And you are?[/David Spade]

20. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Hey gang...Rik from CANTINA here....I know that my shop is a little off the beaten path for alot of you, but we'd be more than happy to host some STAR WARS RPG action! We've got the perfect table, and the place is wired for sound, so we can pipe in soundtrack music for "vibe"! For those of you not familiar with my shop, there is a thread here on the first couple pages somewhere...

P.S: Most of the SW RPG books/manuals are "accessable" at CANTINA

Rik - Owner
    CANTINA
    225 Laurel St
    Manchester NH 03103
    603-626-JEDI
    CANTINACOMICS@aol.com

21. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Hey Rik,

Thanks for stopping by again.That may be doable,when the weather gets better.Would be a cool double meet between The Rebels and Echo base.

22. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Indeed. NH meet shall be coming up in the spring I hope.

23. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Speaking of RPGs, I was thinking of bringing the RPG to maybe the March meet. I'll buy some dice before I go home for spring break and bring the book with me. That sound like a good idea?

24. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    SW RPG? That would be cool.

I was thinking about starting up a D&D Campaign sometime this spring. :)

25. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    I've been making my own campaign setting off and on for months, but don't have a group. :( I can't get my friends away from the reality shows long enough to try to convince them to even try playing. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.