main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive RPG in development...

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Darth_Torture, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Torture

Darth_Torture Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2009
    This is the plan for a new RPG I'm going to make, set 3000 years after Episode 6.

Plot - Malakius cut Huan Jr. down with one slash, then started to hide the Body. But he was caught, captured and banished. 5 years later a Sith fleet approached Utapau Malakius leading it. The Sith fleet landed far from anywhere useful, but slowly advanced on the Jedi's hideout.

CS

Name -
    Age -
    Species -
    Gender -
    Rank -
    Clothes -
    Weapons -
    Backstory -

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    This may be of some use to you.

3. Darth_Torture

Mar 14, 2009
    Is this better?

Plot - Haun, a Traitor, leapt at Malakius' parents and cut them down with Two Lightsaber slashes. Malakius stepped into the Room and saw the corpses. He activated his Lighsaber and leapt at Haun, who ran for it. Malakius hunted down the only thing Haun cared for, Haun's son. When he found Haun's son, Horaio, he stabbed him through the Heart. But a Jedi Master, Calarcan, had seen and recorded the deed. Soon 15 Jedi had Malakius surrounded. He begged for mercy and was spared, but exiled. Malakius wouldn't give up though, and he joined the Sith. His knowledge of the Jedi and mastery of the Force elavated him high into SIth ranks. (Darth Bane's Rule Of Two had been forgotten) Eventualy, he became the Dark Lord Of The Sith and declared War on the Jedi. His invasion fleet landed as close as possible to their Utapau hideout, and then stormed it from all directions. The Jedi held a firm defense as Malakius' army started it's work.

CS

Name -
    Age -
    Species -
    Gender -
    Rank -
    Clothes -
    Weapons -
    Bio -

RULES

1: PRIVATE MESSAGE THE GAME MASTER YOUR CHARACTER SHEET FOR APPROVAL! DO NOT POST CHARACTER SHEET IN THREAD OR YOU WILL BE IGNORED.
    2: If Killed, you are out for 3 Days before you can create another Character.
    3: No Godmoding, violators will be removed from the game.
    4: Follow TOS rules.
    5: Have fun.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Why did Haun run for it? He had already killed two people with a lightsabre.

You need to add a lot of things, but the one I will leave you with is, era. When is this set?
    Getting fifteen jedi to turn up to an arrest is pretty good going.

5. Darth_Torture

Mar 14, 2009
    Is this better?

Plot - Haun, a Traitor, leapt at Malakius' parents and cut them down with Two Lightsaber slashes. Malakius stepped into the Room and saw the corpses. He activated his Lighsaber and leapt at Haun, who ran for it, for Malakius was too strong and he had lost the element of surprise. Malakius hunted down the only thing Haun cared for, Haun's son. When he found Haun's son, Horaio, he stabbed him through the Heart. But a Jedi Master, Calarcan, had seen and recorded the deed. Soon 15 Jedi had Malakius surrounded. He begged for mercy and was spared, but exiled. Malakius wouldn't give up though, and he joined the Sith. His knowledge of the Jedi and mastery of the Force elavated him high into SIth ranks. (Darth Bane's Rule Of Two had been forgotten) Eventualy, he became the Dark Lord Of The Sith and declared War on the Jedi. His invasion fleet landed as close as possible to their Utapau hideout, and then stormed it from all directions. The Jedi held a firm defense as Malakius' army started it's work.

CS

Name -
    Age -
    Species -
    Gender -
    Rank -
    Clothes -
    Weapons -
    Bio -

RULES

1: PRIVATE MESSAGE THE GAME MASTER YOUR CHARACTER SHEET FOR APPROVAL! DO NOT POST CHARACTER SHEET IN THREAD OR YOU WILL BE IGNORED.
    2: If Killed, you are out for 3 Days before you can create another Character.
    3: No Godmoding, violators will be removed from the game.
    4: Follow TOS rules.
    5: Have fun.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    First off, welcome to the RPFs! It's always nice to see a new face around these parts. Have you considered joining our Adoptions program over in the Welcome New Users forum? It can be a great way to get acclimated to the RPing style here (Which, I must say, is quite a bit different than ones I have encountered elsewhere).

That being said, here are some potential problems I have with this OP as it stands:

Why the "If killed, you are out..." rule? Considering the players themselves need to consent to allowing their characters to be killed without some type of GM-based ruling system, it seems like that would only serve to ensure no player would ever allow their characters to be killed.

Why is the game plot literally set off with "Plot"? That seems to presume your players can't tell which part of the game is just set up, which almost strikes me as being a bit mean. Furthermore, there's clearly a sort of basis for the plot, but what are the players doing? There's no direction given whatsoever, even with regards to what characters to create. Must one only be a Jedi or Sith near Utapau, or could they be a random smuggler near Korriban?

Not to mention there is no indication of era in the actual post itself. No one will automatically assume that the game takes place in 3006 ABY. Furthermore, with the era being that far off from the established canon, a lot more of the setting needs to be outlined. Think about Earth's history - things are very different now than they were in 1000 BCE, and so a game that took place in 2009 would be very different than one set in 1000 BCE. The same principle, in theory at least, ought to apply to the GFFA.

I think that addressing these issues should help add some marketability to the game concept.[face_peace]

7. Darth_Torture

Mar 14, 2009
    Is this better?

The Sith have rebuilt in secret, thanks to Scrolls, Manuals and Masters training two Apprentices each. The Sith now number about 42 Million and the Jedi about 250 Million. But to negate the Jedi's numbers the Sith have built a Droid Army to aid the. Through all this, the Republic is in a time of Peace. Then one day a seemingly insignificant event that would actually effect the whole Rebublic and, by extent, the whole Galaxy happened!
    Haun, a Traitor, leapt at Malakius' parents and cut them down with Two Lightsaber slashes. Malakius stepped into the Room and saw the corpses. He activated his Lighsaber and leapt at Haun, who ran for it, for Malakius was too strong and he had lost the element of surprise. Malakius hunted down the only thing Haun cared for, his son. When he found Haun's son, Horaio, he stabbed him through the Heart. But a Jedi Master, Calarcan, had seen and recorded the deed. Soon 15 Jedi had Malakius surrounded. He begged for mercy and was spared, but exiled. Malakius wouldn't give up though, he met a Sith hunting recruits and joined the Sith. His knowledge of the Jedi and mastery of the Force elavated him high into Sith ranks. Eventualy, he became the Dark Lord Of The Sith and declared War on the Jedi. His invasion fleet landed as close as possible to their Utapau hideout, and then stormed it from all directions. The Jedi held a firm defense as Malakius' army started it's work.

You can play as anyone in the Galaxy, but i suggest you be a Jedi or Sith.

CS

Name -
    Age -
    Species -
    Gender -
    Rank -
    Clothes -
    Weapons -
    Bio -

RULES

2: No Godmoding, violators will be removed from the game.
    3: Follow TOS rules.
    4: Have fun.

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    The Sith have rebuilt in secret(Okay. Still doesn't tell us when this is, or why they had to rebuild. Was there an earthquake?), thanks to Scrolls, Manuals and Masters training two Apprentices each. The Sith now number about 42 Million (how many?!) and the Jedi about 250 Million. But to negate the Jedi's numbers the Sith have built a Droid Army to aid them. Through all this, the Republic is in a time of Peace(This 'Republic at Peace' bit should be at the start). Then one day a seemingly insignificant event that would actually effect the whole Republic and, by extent, the whole Galaxy, happened!

Haun, a Traitor (to which side?), leapt at Malakius' parents and cut them down with Two Lightsaber slashes. Malakius stepped into the Room and saw the corpses. He activated his Lighsaber and leapt at Haun, who ran for it, for Malakius was too strong and he had lost the element of surprise(okay, better). Malakius hunted down the only thing Haun cared for, his son(sooo, Mal' knows this Huan character then? How?). When he found Haun's son, Horaio, he stabbed him through the Heart. But a Jedi Master, Calarcan, had seen and recorded the deed("OOC: if you see me getting killed, put the holocam down and help my ***!"). Soon 15 Jedi had Malakius surrounded. He begged for mercy and was spared, but exiled. Malakius wouldn't give up though, he met a Sith hunting recruits and joined the Sith. His knowledge of the Jedi and mastery of the Force elavated him high into Sith ranks. Eventualy, he became the Dark Lord Of The Sith and declared War on the Jedi. His invasion fleet landed as close as possible to their Utapau hideout, and then stormed it from all directions. The Jedi held a firm defense as Malakius' army started it's work.

You can play as anyone in the Galaxy, but i suggest you be a Jedi or Sith. (You want to be careful here. If someone decides to be a newsreader on Coruscant, you as GM are going to have to address their moves, even though it has nothing to do with your main plot. Think of the regions related to your plot, when telling characters where to start.)

Okay, clearly Malakius is a beer can short of a six-pack, but Huan seems to be getting away with this.

In the event that you get this to make sense, remember to take care with your Introduction, and watch your spelling. Prospective players use that as a guide to how much care they can expect you to give your game.

Good luck with this, and welcome to the RPF. :)

9. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    The Game Designer's Guild would be a much better place for this, right now, instead of its own thread.

10. Darth_Torture

Mar 14, 2009
    The Republic is in a time of Peace. But the Sith have rebuilt in secret, for they were nearly destroyed by the Jedi, thanks to Scrolls, Manuals and Masters training two Apprentices each. The Sith now number about 25 million and the Jedi about 40 Million. But to negate the Jedi's numbers the Sith have built a Droid Army to aid them. Then one day a seemingly insignificant event that would actually effect the whole Republic and, by extent, the whole Galaxy, happened!
    Two Jedi were having a conversation, Malakius and Haun. They were great friends so Malakius was surprised when this event happend. He realized Haun had been using him. Haun became Traitor to the Jedi, leapt at Malakius' parents and cut them down with Two Lightsaber slashes. Malakius stepped into the Room and saw the corpses. He activated his Lighsaber and leapt at Haun, who ran for it, for Malakius was too strong and he had lost the element of surprise(okay, better). Malakius hunted down the only thing Haun cared for, his son. When he found Haun's son, Horaio, he stabbed him through the Heart. But a Jedi Master, Calarcan, had seen and recorded the deed, but through his teloscope. He had no way of helping Horaio. Soon 15 Jedi had Malakius surrounded. He begged for mercy and was spared, but exiled. Malakius wouldn't give up though, he met a Sith hunting recruits and joined the Sith. His knowledge of the Jedi and mastery of the Force elavated him high into Sith ranks. Eventualy, he became the Dark Lord Of The Sith and declared War on the Jedi. His invasion fleet landed as close as possible to their Utapau hideout, and then stormed it from all directions. The Jedi held a firm defense as Malakius' army started it's work.

You can play as anyone in the Galaxy, but i suggest you be a Jedi or Sith. Even if you be a Newsreader or Citizen, i'll let you in. But you'll probably die being either of them, only Jedi and Sith have a chance of surviving long.

11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Welcome to the RPF, Darth_Torture! If you've got any questions don't be afraid to PM either me or Imperial_Hammer, the other moderator of these boards.

However, as BobaMatt said, this discussion really needs to take place in the thread titled the "Game Designer's Guild"; you'll find it on this page. Please take your latest draft there for it to be worked on.

I intend to lock this thread in two days, simply because it's redundant and by then I'd expect the discussion to have shifted to the Game Designer's Guild. Don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong. Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.