main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rpg in the Forums

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Ben_Skywalker, Aug 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Hmmm, it seems that there is no place for RPG in the forums. I don't speak for the fan-fic people, or EUC, but I don't think an RPG should belong in a Fan Fiction Forum - that is a place for Storywriters to show thier talents. EUC is a community - for fan clubs, humour etc.

And to be quite frank, I thought that the RPG forum was for RPGs. When I visited there when I was exploring other boards, I was suprised. It should be called RPG Rescource. It might save the confusion.

And for your information, Star Wars Combine RPG does not use dice. I'm currently a member there.

Sorry for the long post, but I had to say all of it.

And I support RPG here fully.

2. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    I support it as well. We had a RP going, and we got bumped by DL from EUC, RP forum, and finally rested in Fan-fic. I just want a place where I can go, look at a number of RP's, and write into one...is that too much to ask? and why would it be so hard to create a forum? Really, for those who oppose it, Kadue and DL...is it that you don't want an RP because it will take up space, cause problems..yada,yada,yada...or is it because you just don't like RP's, and you don't think that anyone else should as well

3. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    If you want an example of a successful roleplaying forum, then try forums.dumpshock.com The one prob with role playing is roleplaying is best done in smallish groups, so you end up with multiple threads, and if one person loses interest then the thread can kinda die out due to lack of interest.
    Dumpshock is kinda small scale compared to the JC but the posters are a lot more committed to their game, there'd be no point in making a new board if there wasn't enough interest in ensuring the board was active. But all I said depends on what type of rpg'ing you are in to

4. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    well most people who RP here at the JC would be committed to a separate board. and out of about 39000 people, im sure there'd be at least several hardcore RPers..

and if it truly doenst work out, then the board can be deleted. it'd be just an experiment that can help the JC if it does work out and if it doesnt, nothing negative happens.

i still cant believe how only about 3 admins posted here. 2 of them completely ignoring all the evidence on how an RP forum would work. and out of all them admins/mods, im amazed how none of them like RPing.

5. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    up for all the potential admins to look at

6. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Potential admins?? ?[face_plain]

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm confused too... potential admins??? :confused:

8. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    oh sorry, i meant admins that might potentially be interested in creating a forum.

9. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    The lack of additional administrative feedback on this topic is pretty disheartening....

If threads can purposefully have a blind eye turned to them (as this thread seems to indicate), then what does it matter if there are "rpg-type" threads? Just ignore them, too....

10. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Has anyone put a poll on this subject in the Misc Forum? That would be a good way to see how many people would be interested in RPing in the JC. If we deliver the facts, the mods might make a Forum.

11. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    yeah..or a poll in the current RPG forum..im sure alot of people there are hardcore RPers :) i'll go make two right now in both forums to see more a variety of persons opinions

12. Ben_Skywalker

May 20, 2001
    i'm upping this thread because I'm curious to whether the administration has ever thought about creating a separate RPing forum. now i know you guys have been busy at work for the past couple of days(maybe weeks) so I'm merely just reminding you and resuggesting that a separate RPing forum be created.

i can honestly say that there would be many people interested in the forum and would be really happy if one were created. this could save time by not making us constantly switch from TF.N to some other website, which usually is the case if any members of the JC were to RolePlay.

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo2

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2000
    I still support a RP Forum for ONLINE RPG.

14. SockWarrior

SockWarrior Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 31, 2001
    *a show of support* :D

15. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    Supporting. [face_plain] :) :D :D

16. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I still support this idea and wait for the admins to do the same.

17. Epyon-X

Epyon-X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2001
    //shows a sign of support

Like the idea, and I don't see how the board could hurt. If it was a bad premise from the start, then just delete it.

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Btw, there is another form of Role Playing that doesnt involve dice. Live Action Vampire Masquerade. I played it with a few friends at the park. I was a Venture vampire and we chose structures in the park as our homes or bases. No dice were involved. We were more like acting out a play and thats what Forum Rps are. There is no plot, we do spur of the moment posts.

Why was Bane given is Senate Floor board? He faught for it, i know and we are fighting ours. I will continue to fight for it until I turn blue. But I will be really angry if Bane was given his not only because he faught for it but because he is friends with alot of the admins.

19. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    I, as an RPer in the JCC RPG, wish to anounce my support for an RPG Board

it seems, mods tell some to go to the EU forum, you go there, and your topic is locked. instead, you are directed to the RPG forum, but your thread there gets locked. This goes on and on

as an RPer i believe we need our own board for RPGs

20. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    The reason we haven't created this forum yet is because we didn't think you guys had enough support. If we're going to create a new forum, we want it to actually be used by a lot of people.

So far, the users that would be interested in using this forum are...

21. Ben_Skywalker

22. Storm5

23. nithrak_tewl

24. Shedao15

25. Wylding

26. howlrunner22
  27. (?)
  28. Padawan716

29. bterrik

30. Champion of the Force

31. KansasNavy

32. Jace_Halycron

33. MoronDude

34. sacul-1138

35. sithdewd

36. AnakinDobski

37. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

38. Wildwookiee

39. SockWarrior

40. Mace_Windo

41. Epyon-X

42. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

43. Master_JoshuaWindu

44. That's 22 people.

If you think you can find anyone else who would use this forum, get them to post their support here. Will that be satisfactory? :)

45. AurraJade

AurraJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2000
    // posts her support

:D

46. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I think an RP Forum would cut down on the problems present in the EUC between people wanting social threads or fanclubs and those seeking to become the characters.

But is there an interest? Sure, these groups get lots of people to initially sign up, but is there any staying power?

47. Art_Core

Art_Core Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 18, 2000
    I support a RPG board...

48. InasneChiss

InasneChiss Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2000
    add me too!

49. DemonicJedi

DemonicJedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2001
    add me as well