1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Reference RPG Introduction Service v2.0

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by NaboosPrincess, Mar 4, 2006.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Sentinel-825 Jedi Knight

star 1
  2. witchdoctor187 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Alright i just posted my new Rp in the SW boards, so go check it out. it's called Knights of the old Republic: the Relic of Shar Dakahn. first RP i've GM'd in a while.
  3. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
  4. witchdoctor187 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh sorry here you go. enjoy :D

http://boards.theforce.net/role_playing_forum/b10328/28071781/p1/?6
  5. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    If you want a brief, small game about power, intrigue, deception, magic and monsters, please go this way:

Leá Monde
  6. CmndrCodi2 Jedi Knight

I'm looking for a roleplay that has to do with the new Jedi order established by Luke Skywalker, that does not need knowledge of events extending beyond the Yzusan Von War. HELP!
  7. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    That's an interesting game, Winged_Jedi. Great as always. :)
  8. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks Nem, though we'll have to see how this one turns out. It looks pretty simple and plain just now but I think it'll be a lot of fun. It's good to see early interest!
  9. darth_nemisis Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, by the looks of the thread, you seem to be getting a lot of players. Have you received a lot of PMs?
  10. CmndrCodi2 Jedi Knight

I would really like some help with this...
  11. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Chances are that if you can't find a game like that on the first page of the RPF, then there isn't one active. You'll probably either have to wait for one to start or make one yourself.
  12. CmndrCodi2 Jedi Knight

Thanks, I found one, sorta.
  13. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Into the Void

A sci-fi thriller set in the near future - please take a look!
  14. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    Star Wars: Episode VI - As Father and Son

By taking his father's hand, Luke Skywalker sets into motion a series of events the Emperor never would have foreseen. With their hero presumed dead by the galaxy at large, the Rebel Alliance continues to fight on in the name of peace and justice. Princess Leia, robbed of both her loves for a year now, works with Lando Calrissian to set about rescuing Han Solo. Meanwhile, Darth Vader secretly trains a weapon that will help him cast off the chains his master has kept him in. Little do any of them know how very much the face of the galaxy will change.

In As Father and Son, we're taking all sorts - original characters, movie characters, and EU characters - and going on an AU joy ride. What would Lumiya and Jerec do under these circumstances? Would Able and Deena fight alongside our intrepid heroes? And how is Corran Horn going to fit into this whole mess? How will your OC? Flow-walking? The possibilities are up to you. Currently, we're looking to fill out the cast of the films a bit, but don't let that stop you from applying as anyone! coughcoughweneedaLandocough

It is your destiny. Don't make me destroy you. Join us! It is the only way.
  15. Tatooine_Gemini Jedi Knight

star 1
    St. Edit: As I told you when you PM'ed me asking about this, Tatooine_Gemini, offsite advertising is not allowed on these boards. Don't do it. And especially don't do it after I told you so.
  16. Tatooine_Gemini Jedi Knight

star 1

NO NO Im sorry!! I did not read your letter until 2 min ago!
    I posted when I found this area I thought I read that it was okay..
    i guess I dont understand what kind of advertising it was saying WAS ok...
    I just really need to find people to rp with us and I have no clue where to
    post an advertisement?
    What about other places on theforce.net?

....miss gemini
  17. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    What offsite advertising refers to is advertising a game that's running off boards.theforce.net. It's not done because frankly it's poaching users from this board, which is set up and paid for through IGN.com, to play on an unrelated board altogether. That's why the rule exists.

As to looking for players, there might be other places on www.theforce.net that might have such a facility, but not on the boards.
  18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    Isnt it allowed to some degree on the Games: RPG & Miniatures Forum?
  19. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
  20. BobaMatt TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 6
    STAR WARS: EPISODE VI - AS FATHER AND SON NOW ACCEPTING NEW PLAYERS

Had your fill of Jedi? I'm looking for fringers, spacers, bounty hunters, officers, pilots, Rebels, Imperials, currently unaligned neutrals...looking to flesh out my cast with the real backbone of the Galactic Civil War. Are you (Wo)Man enough to fight the good fight?

Also...anyone want to step into the shoes of Corran Horn? I'm looking for a replacement...
  21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    War of the Galaxies Deux

An old game is in need of players. We've revised the entire mechanics to make it as simple and free-form as possible like it use to be back in the beginning.

We're in serious need of Rebels and Yuuzhan Vong.

We'll also accept apps for Imperials, Smaller Factions, Jedi, Sith and Imperial Knights.

There are only 3 slots for Jedi and Imperial Knights and 2 slots for Sith available.

As for the current point in the storyline... well we're right at the beginning of the game. No battles, no real nothing happened yet except an ancient Sith Lord has risen from slumber and is being pursued by the Imperial Princess.

This game is character-development centered with a dash of epic-battles tossed in occasionally.

Here's the intro post for you lazy bums

[image=http://www.taylortheteacher.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/694px-star_wars_logosvg.png]

War of the Galaxies Deux

It is a dark time for the Galaxy Proper;
    the Rebel Alliance has been dealt a heavy
    blow at the Battle of Hoth with the death
    of Luke Skywalker and the capture of
    several leaders of the Rebel High Command.

With the loss of his son, Lord Darth
    Vader went ahead with his plans to
    overthrow the Galactic Emperor. For six
    months the Internal War raged on and
    ended with a climatic and deadly duel for
    both Master and Apprentice aboard the
    Second Death Star at the Battle of Endor.

But while the Empire and the Rebellion
    fought on and healed from their losses, a
    new threat has emerged from the pools of
    darkness. Aliens from another galaxy have
    dared to cross into our own and wage war
    against the citizens and its sovereign government.

Now it is a year since the Battle of
    Endor and the Rebel Alliance and Galactic
    Empire have new leadership, but the age-
    old war between the two powers continue
    even as the Invaders push forward toward
    the center of the galaxy...

[image=http://www.chesskids.com/kids/rules1.gif]

The Rules

1: READ THIS POST before submitting your character sheet.
    2: Follow the Game Rules and the TOS!
    3: Heed the Game Masters!
    4: No God-Moding!
    5: No posting another?s damage or consequences!
    6: Post your damage or consequences afflicted against you!
    7: No using OOC knowledge for IC gain!
    8: No posting the passage of time in order to reach a distant conflict! Too far, you?re too late.
    9: No Superweapons (Death Star, Galaxy Gun, Sun Crusher, Alpha Red, etc)
    10: Minor Superweapons are permitted with the authorization of the Game Masters! (Cloaking Device, Cloning Tech, etc)

Some Game Information

The War of the Galaxies RPG is a free-form game. Meaning that the players are free to play out the game as they see fit within reason. This does not mean that players are free to God-Mode as they please. Fairness and courtesy is strongly encouraged from all players. The three Game Masters called the Triumvirate deal with any problems that arise.

Force-Users are limited so its a first come, first serve basis!

In order to have a balanced game, it is strongly recommended and encouraged that players paid heed to who has already joined which factions and join the faction that has the least amount of players.

Players can have more than one character in more than one faction.

This game is character-development centered with a dash of epic-battles tossed in occasionally.

[image=http://bifi.msxnet.org/msxnet/konami/gamemasters/GameMaster1.png]

The Game Masters

If you have a problem, approach one of the GMs and they?ll attempt to find a fair solution. The Game Masters must approve all new (fan-made) technologies. Should you have tagged a player for a conflict and have not received a response in several days, approach a Game Master and they?ll decide on a fair outcome.

The following are your Game Masters. Heed their advice and rulings well or Else!

CmdrMitthrawnur/>/>
  22. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/Avs38.jpg]

Avengers, Assemble!

The game that's resulted in several death threats that might have been carried out if I hadn't started it is up in the NSWRPF.
  23. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
  24. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ladies and Gentlemen. Our Avengers are incomplete without Iron Man. If anyone is interested in playing Iron Man, please check out this thread and submit a sheet. If I don't get an Iron Man by Monday, I will fill the role. He is a very necessary character for the game to progress. However, I would definitely prefer to have a PC Iron Man.
  25. DarthSeti5 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Like a red rose: a Monastery of the Jedi

[image=http://www.himachal.us/wp-content/uploads/blogger/img/210/2054/1024/ki_monastery.jpg]

Ten thousand years before Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader...

...six thousand years before the great armies of Revan and Malak...

...on a sleepy, forest world called Tatooine Jedi knights pray in an ancient monastery...

...pray for revelation and inspiration...

...for solace and redemption...

...and pray that they will live through the night

-----

A murderer is on the loose in the monastery of Sublime Rose, and he or she is endowed with the power of the Force and is hidden in plain sight among the Jedi-monks. In a place of secrecy and magic, Jedi knights will have to find the light through the darkness of their own souls to solve the mystery of Sublime Rose and her ancient past before it is too late. If time runs out, they risk not just their faith, but their lives.

In the depths of caverns and across the snowy fields of a Tatooine still vibrant with life, RPF players will delve into the nature of the Force and their own secrets -- and one of you will be the killer in our midst.

Like a red rose: a Monastery of the Jedi

~DS5
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza