main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive RPG Introduction Service

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthAttorney, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    This a thread designed for two things.

1) For Games Masters's to invite new players into their games with certain kinds of characters. Players who feel they have characters who can mee the requirements can then PM the GM ( ;) ). I hope this will encourage a more proactive stance by GM's to control the storylines of their games and actaully have a hand in their continuing development. Provide links to your game if possible.

2) For new players who are confused about what kind of game they want to join. They can post that they want a game that has starfighter action and some lightsaber dueling. Then Games Masters of threads that fit those descriptions are free to PM the new players and offer invitations to join.

Only post here if you are a new player or a GM. There will be no chatting, all posts are to be centered on finding the right players or games. Anything else will be deleted by me on sight, I'm not pulling punches here. All replies to posts are to take place in a PM to the author, not in this thread.

In essence, this is a thread designed to bridge the gap between GM's looking for new players and new players looking for a specific kind of game. If any of the more experienced players finds a new player, they should be directed in here first if possible. :)

The following is an example of how posts are to be made.

2. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    GM Seeks Player:

The Smugglers Mirage is currently looking for a Smuggler to join the game. The player must have a character already developed and s/he must be:

* cunning
    * cold-hearted
    * ruthless
    * a great pilot

Please PM AuroraSilverstar with profiles for further info

(sorry if I embarassed you, Aurora. Just an example ;) )

[u]Player Seeks Game:[/u]

I have never played an RPG before but I am looking for game that involves slicing and political intrigue. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Good Evening all, let me introduce myself.

I am Protégé-of-Thrawn, GM of the War of the Galaxies Role Playing Franchise, of which, the current installement is called The Darkness Within.

We are the largest and most complex of RP's, but also the one with the best infrastructure and community, which allows newcomers an excellent chance to interact with and intergrate with our experienced and talented cast of RPers.

Veterans of the Role Play from the EUM that was the catalyst to this Forums formation, we use a form of RP known as 'simming' where you take on a personalised character, and interact in a competative yet complex galaxy, intricately constructed to our needs.
    Players belong to specific 'factions', of which the main three are: The Galactic Empire, The New Republic, and the Yuuzhan Vong.

Now, due to betrayals, retirements, and many other mishaps, there has been a severe imbalance in numbers.
    At the moment, the New Republic has the most members, followed closely by the Galactic Empire.

What WE need, is for the ranks of Yuuzhan Vong to be bolstered.
    Never heard of them? Well, they are the mysterious alien invaders from another galaxy, whom feature in the NJO story arc, and they have the benefit of being outside and black spots in the force, which combined with their superb warrior prowess, makes them a cunning package that can match and often defeat trained Jedi.

Interested in becoming one?

What you need;

- An interest in some creative and detailed RP, and probably a bit of research into words, technology and culture.
    - An interest and ability to slay 'infidels' in a range of humerous and scary ways.
    - An interest in playing what are essentially a race of 'bad guys', who don't always act like the sweet pumpkins your parents think you are.

and most of all, a desire to be part of the WOTG community!

Interested? Feel free to PM me with any questions regarding the Yuuzhan Vong or the WOTG role play in general, for if your interested in joining, I am only too glad to help.

Or, if your a confident little RPer, go straight to my fellow WOTG GM - and crafty Yuuzhan Vong RPer to boot - Yomin Carr, to apply for membership of the Yuuzhan Vong directly.

You can drop him a line here

Well, that's all from me!

May the advertisements and answers begin!

Cheers,

Protégé of Thrawn.

4. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    why is it when the WOTG is brought up the Smaller Factions of the WotG is never brought up? The main factions have enough people anyways...

Theres various[sp?] factons here, including Pirate Groups, CSA, Peace Brigade, and Branch Factions that, being in the smaller factions thread are quite small. So you could get a high spot rather quick. Refer to POT's post for requirements and such.

5. GreyJediAntarFodoh

GreyJediAntarFodoh Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2001
    GM looking for players

Hello. I'm running an RPG here at the RPF and am having a bit of a shortage of players. My RPG is an Alternate Universe future of Star Wars that is very close to canon but with a couple smaller adjustments.

The following is our "prologue" that sets the stage of the RPG.

It is ten years after the Yuuzhan Vong invaded the Galaxy. The war raged on for years but eventually the New Republic and the Imperial Remenant chased the deadly Yuuzhan Vong war machine from the galaxy. Millions have perished and the galaxy lays in partial ruins after the costly war.

With the Yuuzhan Vong threat eliminated, the New Republic was to rebuild what had been worked so hard for. With the common threat eliminated, the Senate again broke down into internal squabbles and corruption and was unprepared for what was to come next.

In the shadows of the Yuuzhan Vong war, the Sith Order has arisen a new, comprised of hundreds of Dark Lords that have learned the Dark ways of the Force. Allying themselves with the Imperial Remenant, the New Sith Order has set forth a plan to eliminate the Jedi forever and rule the galaxy.

Now, the dark times have returned to the Galaxy and the Empire has again conquered the newly restored Corruscant and much of the inner core. The New Republic has been vanquished spreading it's few loyalists throughout the galaxy to form the New Rebellion with the Jedi as one of their few allies. In the new dark times of the Deadly Alliance the New Rebellion and the Jedi may be all that stands between the galaxy's freedom and the Galactic Empire......

Currently, I'm looking for any players... New Rebel Alliance, New Jedi Order, Galactic Empire or New Sith Order.

You can PM me for more info or to pitch a character idea that may not fall into any of these categories, or just visit the RPG and post a bio and start playing.

The main page of the Grey Jedi temple RPG is here.
    The current page is here.

I'll be happy to recieve any new players wether they fit into one of the 4 major factions or if they're a smugler or bounty hunter or anyone you'd find in the Star Wars galaxy. If you're interested in something a little more exciting, I'm cooking up a new small faction to be introduced in the not-so-distant future in the RPG.

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hello, I am one of the Senior Members of the The New and Improved Tactical Question Thread. Unlike most games, where you have Game Masters or GM's for short, we have Senior Members who all have the same amount of power, including me. I would rather not think of myself as the Game Master of The New and Improved Tactical Question Thread, but more as one of the fellow JCers who made it all happen. Because in truth, it was our fellow JCers who made The New and Improved Tactical Question Thread happen, not just me. Here are some qoutes, from some of our members about our game:

Question:

POLL #1 (What a great name! 8-} )

So far, is The New and Improved Tactical Question Thread a friendly place?

A) YES and why?

B) NO and why?

C) OTHER and why?

Answers:

Poll #1:

A: Because this is a friendly place plus it's a challenging Game.
    - JFettG

Poll #1:

A: Everyone is given an individual welcome and everyone comments on eachothers responses saying the good and bad points in each. This allows us to learn from our own mistakes and those of other players. It is friendly because constructive criticism benefits all people, as does a warm welcome
    ;) - LightSide_Apprentice

A: Beacuse of the wonderfull awnsers u guys come up with its just a great place to hang and every one is nice and welcoming i might even be brave enough to come up with an awnser soon........ - YouAgain

A. It's civilized discussion on topic, and it's not a place for GM'ers to gain glory... We talk about true tactics, strategy, and even battle it out...This thread has potential. - Wildwookiee (Senior Member)

Poll #1

A) Let me say, that from our old thread, this new thread is much more organized and much more friendly. Our last thread was very disformal, many of the rules we have in this new thread, were the ones we created and decided upon during the game in the last thread. With the military ranks thrown out, it gives the thread a much more user friendly envivoment. There are no classes, no ranks to be earned, and no racing to the highest rank. The way to advance is by doing a good job, making the thread user friendly, and just having fun. And the only other rank is Senior Member and each and every Senior Member has the same amount of power as me and any other Senior Member.

Anyways, the reason I voted for A, is because the thread is user friendly, it does have constructive criticism, and when I come here, the evivoment is so relaxed that I feel no pressure here and I have fun.
    - Bravo (Senior Member)

Poll #1

I choose A. this thread is a great idea, and not like in other threads, when they yell and scream at you for doing something wrong (even through they cant yell and scream at you physically through words ;) ) this thread offers constrcutive criticism, not demeaning. i really like it :)

whoo hoo!
    - Miccu_Resea

As for players, we seek the following:

1) Likes to have fun
    2) Friendily with other JCers
    3) Likes to have a friendly debate once in a while
    4) Likes to do Tactical Questions (TQ's)

That is really it. Its really simple. We don't judge you on how good you do, but on how you add to the game and how much fun you have. If you have anymore questions, you can contact the following Senior Members:

GrandMoffTarkin
    Wildwookiee
    I-poodoo
    Bravo

7. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    I am the GM of Green Squadron. We are currently in the middle of our first actual snubfighter training mission, but we currently only have seven, maybe even six, members. We are in dire need of at least five characters who would be transfered into the squadron. The characters can not be Jedi but they can be force sensative. Other than that follow the character sheet on the first page.

8. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001

Remember in Mos Esley, when Luke and Ben enter the Canteen...they were looking for a ship. The one choice that Han Solo made to take this farm boy and old Jedi totally changed his life forever. One meeting by chance, one choice of one path to walk...which can never be re-walked. What would have happend had Han Solo been in the 'fresher when Luke and Ben came in? This is an RP on that. You post your charicter, a small bio on who he or she is, post them comming into the bar, a short reason why you are there, and then pass the torch. I will throw situations into the mix that cause people to join together. Who knows where it could lead...you won't till you sit down at the bar.

This is a narrative RP. Timelines are not important, nor are the factions...but if there should be any question...this is during Palpatine's Empire...shortly before he completely disolves the Senate.
    The Story
    Once upon a time, in a galaxy far, far away...
    The Rebellion is in it's infantile stage, but anarchy is spreading. The outer rim is a place to forget and be forgotten, and that's where this little tavern comes in.

On a cold and rainy world, the small village of Ran'duhlor is home to a whole community of people on the run. Some are running from the law...some from the past, and some from the future. Everyone has secrets, but no one cares. In this little town of Ran'duhlor sits an old tavern. The Last Fare is home to everyone in Ran'duhlor. The bar is kept by Colun Drakel, an older human who's love of drink has given him a large pauch, and who's long years has driven him to near silence. He is perfectly content to stand behind the bar, taking drink orders, and wiping down the beaten up bar. The tavern isn't very big...about 20 round tables in the center of the room, and about half that many booths lining the walls. Half the glowrods installed in the place glow...which is fine for the patrons. All and all, this is a quiet bar, one where people ask questions with whispers, and answer with cash. A small jukebox in the corner pumps out tunes at very small decibles...just enough to be heard over the mull of the crowd. All in all, this place is good for two things...drinking, and dealmaking...

Here Sittin at a Bar

9. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2001
    I'm always on the lookout for new players who would be interested in joining The Star Wars RPG. It is never too late to join and I will do my best you help you fit in and have a good time. ;)

The game is totally based on the SW galaxy and in particular the movies and the EU. However this RPG has no set time. ie. It is not at the time of the Old Republic or the New Republic or even the Empire. However these groups do exist.

The RPG is a combination of all aspects of the SW galaxy and as such will include not only the Rebels and the Empire, but also smugglers, bounty hunters, spies, theives, gangsters, assassins, Jedi, Sith, Vong and even more.

Missions are regularly posted and players choose ones that suit themselves depending on who their charcter is.

The game is complex but it is quick ie. you don't have to dedicate too much time to learning how to play and getting updated on what you've missed, so it is ideal for players who are short on time and even those who are not. ;)

If you're interested please check it out. :D

10. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    OK guys, just wanted to straighten one thing out.

This is not a blatant advertising thread.

GM's, please, only post an advertisement for players if you have a specific type of character in mind to join your game. It is a way for you to mold your games a little more if you want to by attracting certain classes of players etc.

We all know that many games are under staffed atm and this is an effort to fix that. But advertising every aspect of your game in won't help, I don't think.

:)

11. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    Agreed. Apologies, DA. It only occured to me after I posted that I was abusing the thread.

Anyway, the Grey Jedi Temple is looking for specific player types. Before I describe these 3-4 (or more) "openings", I'll describe the RPG again briefly.

It takes place 35 years after ANH (10 years after Vector Prime) in a Galaxy of turmoil. The short short version is that a New Sith Order rose in secret during the Yuuzan Vong war and allied themselves with the Imperial Remnant. With the new infusion of Sith power, the Empire quickly gained power and over threw the New Republic, re-taking much of the old Empire. The New Republic fell, becoming the New Rebel Alliance with the New Jedi Order as one of their few allies.

So far, we only have Jedi who are also playing the Sith, Empire and Alliance. We are in dire need of at least one player for the other factions!

What the game is looking for is at least one of the following.

An Imperial officer. Admiral, Strom Trooper, politician. Anything. What would be needed for this character is:
    -cold
    -calculating
    -deadly loyal to the Empire
    -the urgent need to "crush rebel scum"

Other Jedi are always welcome but not needed.

A Sith to be a recuring menace would be fun. Perhaps the Sith overseer of an Imperial starship or something like that. Here I'm looking for a bit of a Vader-type...
    -powerful
    -unforgiving
    -menacing
    -generally a Vader kinda character

A New Rebel Alliance official would be great! Here, I'd be a lot more flexible with character creations. So far, most of the Alliance's officials are canon characters seeing as how they'd likely be the ones to lead the new Rebellion. If an applicant convinced me, I'd allow them to play someone like Leia, Wedge or Admiral Pellaeon (who defected to the Rebellion).
    -Like I said, I'm flexible here. You can be an original character or one of the established canon characters of the Rebellion. I just want an OT style Rebel.

Finally, I'm looking for someone who is feeling very creative and just a little daring. I've been working on a new race for this RPG who are to be a new ally of the Rebels. They'll be limited in number and most likely an expedition of no more than 10 characters. So far, I'll be playing them all as NPC's but if someone wanted to take them over that would be grand. I don't want to go into great detail here but if someone is interested, we can discuss it in PM.
    -characteristics of this opening will only be given in PM for the sake of secrecy. Call me George if you gotta, but I wanna keep this one underwraps till it's time for the unveiling.

Anyway, that's it. If someone is willing to play in one of those openings, it'd be greatly apreciated.

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Gutan tag!

Glory To Yun-Yammka seeks 3 Yuuzhan Vong warriors to accept a critical mission against the infidel's machine world, Coruscant.

• You must be sadistic and twisted.
    • You must be knowledgable in Yuuzhan Vong culture.
    • You must have a hatred for the New Republic and all infidels.
    • Last you must have read all of the New Jedi Order novels.

J/K. 8-};)

Actually, you must have some knowledge in the Yuuzhan Vong culture and have read at least 1 NJO novel.

Here is the mission to spark your interest:

Fall of the Machine World

You and a group of warriors have been given the honor to sabotage the shield generators of the infidlic machine world, Coruscant, which shall make the task of taking the planet easier for the Warmaster. The Intendant Caste has provided substantial information on these machines. Taking one generator out will not bring down the system, another will merely back up the failing one until it can be repaired. Nom Anor has discovered a weakness in the infidels' machines. Destroy the key generators, a total of five, and the planetary shields will fall and make way for the conquest fleet.

You and your team will arrive on Coruscant in five pairs of two members and will meet in the lower levels. Amphistaffs and bugs will have already been smuggled into the planet and will wait for you at the rendezvous point. A special package consisting of metal-coercive algae will also be waiting along with enough explosive tsuung spores to leave the generators beyond repair.

Remember, you are among the infidels and they are not as foolish as they want us to believe. Be wary of them and keep a sharp eye out for the Jeedai. They may not be able to sense us with their heretic powers, but because of that, they can pick us out in a crowd of infidels. So do not completely rely on your ooglith masquer.

Opposition is expected to be mild if everything goes without a hitch. But as the Great Yun-Yammka says: "Expect the vua'sa to be there even when you do not see nor hear it." The most opposition you should encounter are New Republic Security Guards and Shock Troopers patrolling the targets. Should you and your team be discovered, expect reinforcements to arrive in twenty minutes. The shield generators must be disabled in order for Warmaster Tsavong Lah's siege to succeed.

Good luck and may Yun-Yammka smile upon you,

Rahalass Lah

13. _Imperial_Trooper_

_Imperial_Trooper_ Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    I'm looking for a thread to join, being new and all.

14. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Hello, I'm the GM of Green Squadron And we are currently looking for the following player types to join the squadron mid-stream as fillers the New Republic gives us.

A Bothan who's skill is in slicing
    A Mon Calamari who's skill is in medicine
    A Human who is force-sensitive
    A Twi-lek who's skilled in politics

Thank you.

15. GreyJediAntarFodoh

Oct 3, 2001
    GM seeks players
    The Grey Jedi Temple RPG is in need of a few players.

It's an RPG based 35 years after ANH in a time after the Yuuzhan Vong war. The Vong have been defeated by the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant and chased from the galaxy. With the Vong threat eliminated, the Republic again fell to internal squabbles for power and destabalised greatly. In the shadows of the Yuuzhan Vong war, a New Sith Order (NSO) arose, disbanding the old rule of two and they have joined forces with the Empire under a new Sith Lord Emperor. With the new infusion of power, the Empire was again prepared to conquer the galaxy and retook most of the core, including the newly restored Corruscant.

Now, the former New Republic is spread thinly throughout the galaxy under the banner of the New Rebel Alliance with the Jedi and Grey Jedi orders as some of their few allies. Outnumbered two to one, will the rebels be able to again restore peace and freedom to the galaxy? Join to help decide the fate of the New Rebel Alliance.

The current page of the Grey Jedi Temple RPG is here.

We need players! Specifically, we need:

-New Rebel Alliance Commander in chief Jedi Leia Solo. (currently an NPC)

-The Emperor, Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Thrawn. (Admiral Thrawn's younger brother.) (currently an NPC)

-Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. (currently an NPC)

-Most canon characters are around in the RPG and you can apply to be them.

-The RPG could also benefit from a "Han Solo-type" smuggler and general good-guy rogue.

-I am also looking for someone with a great degree of creativity and imagination who would be willing to take on a new race that I am creating. I don't want to tell much here but information can be provided via PM. They are only one small ship from beyond the Unknown Regions with a crew of 10 +/- that will ally with the Rebels.

The RPG is also always looking for new, original characters and new submissions are always welcome.

16. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
  17. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Game Master Seeks Players

I am in need of players who would like to play Yuuzhan Vong characters. I don't remember at this time how many I need. I have recently lost a player and I know I have some slots available for more.

Lets assume for right now that I need 3 players.

The RP Game

Glory to Yun-Yammka

This game is a series of missions involving the Yuuzhan Vong against the New Republic, the Galactic Empire, the Jedi Order and other forces.

You don't have to worry about reading through all the posts to catch up. I'll give you a summary and a description of the area you will be at. You will be joining current players in the middle of Mission One: Fall of the Machine World.

The First post has a description of the game and of Mission One. This RP game is pretty much run like the D&D games except without the dice.

If you are interested in the RP itself but dont want to participate in Mission One, just stop by and say you'd like to join. I'll PM you when Mission Two begins and you can post your character profile.

18. JediMasterYoda98

JediMasterYoda98 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    The Crystal of Power

I'm look for three Jedi, who must fit within these requirments:

1. Must be able to play for three days, strait in a row. This RP is going to have a time limit (72 Hours.) I'm not saying you have to play for 72 hours STRAIT, just that we have to finish the RP in 72 hours.
    2. Must be a Jedi. Preferibly a Master, but an Apprintice or a Knight is okay.
    3. Must be willing to listen to what the GM says, and must NOT post other peoples' damage or god-mode.

Thanks!

19. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    GM seeks players
    The thread Crime Lords is searching for at least four new players to join our four gangs.

Qualifications:
    1. Must be "ruthless"
    2. must be serious for the most part.
    2. and also must be willing to listen to the GMs, mainly myself and ShadowedWarrior.

20. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Hey everybody! I need some people for my RPG. It is called "Star Wars Episode VII: The Dark Forces" I need some Jedi, Sith, Bounty Hunters, and Vong. You can join at anytime.

21. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    GM Seeks Players

The Underground

In need of New Republic players.

Qualifications:

1. Must hate crime and criminals.
    2. Must be loyal to the government.
    3. Must be willing to obey the rules and regulations of the RPG.

22. black-elf_182

black-elf_182 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 9, 2002
    GM Seeking Players

My game, The Remnant, is in need of about 4 or 5 players. It is a flight game, but we will do some ground assaults as well. We already have the leader, and #2, #3, and #4 in the squadron. Check it out!

23. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
  24. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    PoT sez: Off Board Advertising is a strict No-No.

Please come again. :)

25. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Greetings to all

I'm Lord_Riven co-GM/admin/thread master etc.of Star Destroyer RPG . Jedi _Satimber and I are currently looking for a few people who want to Captain a Interdictor Cruiser or an Interdictor Star Destroyer.

Qualifications:
    Must be anti-Rebel for the time being at least
    Very Imperial in style and substance
    Takes orders from the Vizier Sate Pestage for the moment

The Interdictor will be used in the next mission so PM me, Lord_Riven or Jedi_Satimber (co-GM/admin etc.) with your Interdictors name, class and your character name within the next 12 hours i.e. by about 4pm Pacific Standard Time or whatever the board uses for its clock.

Thanks, Lord_Riven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.