main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive RPG Introduction Service

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthAttorney, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artehmus_Bhane

Artehmus_Bhane Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    I need an RPG with plenty of insignifigant characters to destroy...heh heh heh. I want a good RPG that isnt going to die anytime soon and doesent have a pathetic story... My character is a Medeival Warlord bent on destroying the innocent and insignifigant, id like a challange for my 250+ yr old character, if theres a good RPG out there for me, reply.

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    There is Legacy of the Ancients, (see sig for link), that is active and can provide what you are looking for.

It is a Stargate SG-1/Star Wars crossover RPG. You do not need knowledge in SG-1 to play, so do not be discouraged by it. For your character, you will be a Goa'uld lieutenant to a more powerful Goa'uld. A Goa'uld is a symbiote who takes humans for hosts and pretend to be gods or other earth mythological figures. They like to destroy things too.

Take a look at the thread to see how its played and ran. If you are interested in joining, I strongly recommend you read the first post before you post your character profile. It has some important information you'll need to know.

3. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Red Sun (A World War 2 RPG)

The smoke cleared on the battlefield and Private James D. Frier looked over the trenches. The barbwire whent miles and miles, on and on. He could almost see to the other side, mabye a couple of hundred yards. He looked down in the mud for a moment and then sat down, leaning on the trench wall. Before him stood his Captain. Captain George H. Stone, a hard man that had been in this war since the begining. Leading his men through fierce battles, into victory. Recieving countless medals, and now. He's suposed to lead his men over this battle field, through this fierce battle, to another victory.
    James pulled up a small photo out of his pocket, his mother, his father, his sister. A small tear ran down his kinn.
    Some minutes later he's running for his life, bullets flying over his head, friends getting killed to the right and left. His eyes looks at the left, seeking his captain. Only to se him getting blown up by a granadeshell.
    "Im to young to die" he says before another shell ends his life to..

The story:
    WW-2
    2 years before D-Day, an allied squad of elite soldiers are sent behind german lines to investigate a scienee facility. Asumed to research some old occult odd twisted way of knowledge (sp?). Now, the allies do not belive in monsters nor faries, though.. the rumours about that place from rescued refugees that has lived in the area, are not to be ignored..

The Game:

This will be a RP with only allied players. A squad of 7 members. You will start in an RAF airbase in england. And from there the RPG will start.
    For me, this will be a short RPG to train my abilities as an GM for further RPGs.
    My inspiration comes from MOHAA (medal of honor, allied assault) and RTCW (Return To Castle Wolfenstein), and WW2 Discovery documentrys ;). So, you'l have an idea of what this is going to be like.

IMPORTANT: Play with emotions, this isnt some Deathsquad with no feelings. Most of these have familys waiting at home, mabye even girlfriends. Getting killed is their last wish. I would like emotions and character development be the your main objective, while I'l deliver the action.

Its been semi-aproved by PoT. Due to some details that hasnt been worked out yet. However, once these are finished I'l be able to start the RPG.

This is some of what I PMed PoT, Please post or PM (perferly PM) if your intrested at all.

4. The_Dark_Overlord

Apr 16, 2002
    (just bumpin it)

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Okay, this is a lot of info but its for a very detailed game that detracts a lot from canon with the thread itself events having changed alot of the game...

Invitation for more to Fight for the Empire

Basically folks I'd thought we'd post a thread about inviting more folk to join our RPG called "Fight for the Empire" which is a thread we'd like to put some more steam in. We're open to original ideals and character interaction and very story driven with characters being allowed considerable leeway in handling the conflicts of the galaxy and creating their own.

Information for the RPG since its inception since the original premise has rather radically changed....

1. History (for those interested-if not you can just read the present)

The timeline is 2000 years after the New Jedi Order and a prior game (A New Dark Times). After the Yuuzhan Vong conflict a re-emerged Sith briefly took control over the galaxy with the aid of the Chiss and Empire before being swept away by a group of heroes operating in tandem with some Jacen Solo/Vergere influenced Jedi whom went onto form an entirely new organization of Jedi Knights called the Fodai. The Republic perished and was replaced by a comparatively benevolent theocratic monarchy ruled by Anakin Dovanan-Skywalker (Jaina Solo's son by a Yssani Jedi) whose lineage controlled the galaxy for 1600 years of relative peace. The Fodai proved to be political allies of the Empire and it is a somewhat over romanticized era.

400 years ago a "exploding galaxy" pelted the incredibly prosperous Empire of four galaxies with countless bits of rubble causing a cataclysm which created a galactic Dark Ages in which the Empire was wiped from the face of the cosmos along with seemingly the entire Royal Family. The Fodai Knighthood became autocratic, insular, paranoid, and distrusting of all outsiders with an incredible focus on the concept of Balance that killed their sympathy for their fellow man and made them suceptible to the allure of the Dark Side they believed did not exist.

Recently a series of odd occurances have drastically altered the state of the universe. A genetically engineered Sith Lord by a group of geneticists controlling the five galaxies' largest criminal syndicate (The Hidden Hand) and corporation (The Valor corporation) named Heironimous Rex aka Darth Morrow engineered a massive conflict between the remanents of the Empire vs. The Dragon Empire of the Unknown Regions and the hideous Techno-archy Warrior clans called the "Saber Wars" (an event any military veteran characters would probably have fought in). The conflict wiped out most of the Fodai Knighthood and allowed Darth Morrow to sieze command of the Senate to declare himself the new Emperor.

Forming a new brotherhood of Sith from the ashes of the Fodai Order Darth Morrow is a charismatic warlrod whom has restablished the dominion of the Empire across the five galaxies but it is a grip firmly dominated by the Dark Side. He is hardly the only person who threatens the galaxy however as a series of other cruelly evil beings threaten to plunge the universe into chaos.

2. Present

The Major Factions of the Game

Feel free to make your characters part of these or background or what not

* The Dark Empire (The Holy Empire of Celestia)

Centered on the reconstructed remants of Byss renamed Celestia which was the once capital of the galaxy. The Dark Empire is ruled by Heironimous Rex in the same fashion as Anakin's Empire. A benevolent (yeah right) force sensetive monarch serving as head of the Galactic Senate and head of the Imperial military with membership in the brotherhood of force sensetives that protect the galaxy.
    Heironimous Rex however is a cruel tyrant despite his charisma and ability to appear as a harmless, compassionate, even eccentrically funny middle aged or young man (his true form is a hideous dessicated visage). Seemingly immortal and able to appear in several places at once, Heirimous Rex is a wildly popular ruler among the people of the galaxy whom he treats with decadenc

6. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Hi.I need 2 more clone troopers-a medic and a scout/sniper.here´s my RPG
    The patrol.If you want to play another character PM me.

7. Sith9211

Sith9211 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 23, 2003
    HI! I am looking for a RP that is about the Sith. I want an RP that involves the Sith trying to destroy the Jedi that is set before TPM. Please help me out!
    ~A Searching sith Lord

8. Aphrodisia

Aphrodisia Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2003
    I'm looking for an RPG that includes Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade as main characters. If I don't find one, I may start my own depending on what ideas come to me. If you are interested in helping me start this RPG or know of one I can join, please let me know!

9. Mortimer_Nerdly

Mortimer_Nerdly Jedi Master star 5

Sep 19, 2002
    GM looking for more players (Especially Jedi; some I have now are LAZY and the Sith are ahead).

STAR WARS: The Great Sith War (2,033 BBY)

The current Jedi need to get back on track, or new ones will be accepted to take over.

FUN RPG SO FAR! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Mortimer_Nerdly! :cool:

10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I am looking for a RPG that concentrates on battles. Kinda like the ol' Tactical Battle Thread was. I've been wanting to fight a good ground battle for some time now and I would start it myself but I'm in the middle of my own RPG.

11. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Any EVA anime fans? We really need players for Kaji and/or Misato in our game plus any originals in our Evangelion game located at

Its a conspiracy orientated game with lots of action fighting the Angels and Seele's robots (shhh no one knows that's coming yet)

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13175676&page=1

12. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    It make look complicated, and time consuming, but in reality it is not. Take 5 minutes to read this one over, and then 10 to create your fleet, then your good to go.

Introduction:

A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

It has been 50 years since the destruction of the second Death Star, and the deaths of Emperor Palpatine, and Darth Vader. Since the fall of the Empire, the former Rebel Government, the New Republic, has quickly collapsed. Now the giant conglomerate powers of the Corporate Sector Authority have swept into the vacuum of power, buying most of the known galaxy. To maintain order the Corporate Sector Authority has created a great entertainment division, focused on keeping its citizens under its sway.

That entertainment division has created the highest rated holovision show of all time. That show is known as SPACE BATTLE, and everyday entertains trillions of viewers. The premise is simple, take a space captain, his skeleton crew, and place him in an outdated capital ship, then turn him lose on multiple peers. The winner is the captain of the last ship standing, or the first to eliminate 20 other captains. A captain will be considered out of the game if he has lost his home system, and cannot recapture it after a real-time week, or all his ships are neutralized.

In this time resources are limited, and only a few shipyards remain in operation, and under heavy Corporate Sector guard. Therefore in SPACE BATTLE if a captain wishes to build a great fleet, he must show great skill, using Ship Points (SP) earned in the show to make additions to his fleet. Due to the lower resources demanded by the ships of a half-century ago, the captains on SPACE BATTLE will only be allowed to create older ships. These ships that were once symbols of order, and power are now symbols of chaos.

Character Sheet:

Fleet Information:

---Commander:
    ------Sex:
    ------Species:
    ------Appearance:
    ------Short Bio:
    ---Home System:

Flagship:
    ---Class:
    ---Name:
    ---Captain:
    ---Fighter Squadrons:
    -------(List Amount, and Names)

Other Fleet Ships: (Use as many as needed)
    ---Class:
    ---Name:
    ---Captain:
    ---Fighter Squadrons:
    -------(List Amount, and Names)

The Game:

Please realize, his is only a precursor to the far more extensive Civilization-Style game called Galaxy at War, which is to come. This means there could be a certain amount of fine-tuning throughout the game. I guarantee bugs will appear, and they will be fixed. This leaves me with one thing to say, the backstory will revamped.

The logic of this game is very simple. The longer you are successful within the game, the bigger your fleet will become.

How you ask, will it grow?

The answer is simple. You start with 20 Ship Points, and each of your ships have a different Ship Points value ranging from 1 SP ? 150 SP, the bigger the ship, more likely it will cost more Ship Points.

All of these ships come with the usual fighter compliment. Everyone of a ship?s squadron slots have a starting value of 2 free SP, which must be used on starfighters (Unless you downgrade the fighters to 1 SP. You can?t downgrade more then twice per ship). If you want additional fighter squadrons, or you wish to upgrade the current compliment it will cost you a predetermined number of Ship Points. Example = Upgrading from TIE Interceptor (2 SP) to TIE Defender (3 SP) costs the difference, or 2 SP.

See the complete list of Ship Prices below.

It?s completely up to the captain on how you spend your 20 Ship Points, but now you ask how to gain points?

There are a few ways gain Ship Points, lets start with the most basic one:

You can gain Ship Points by simply destroying opposing captains ships. Each ship has a Destruction Value (DV), much like it?s Ship Point Value; near the bottom of this post you will find a list of ship Destr

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Would anyone be interested in an Alternate History WWII RPG?

When I say Alternate History I mean by taking a point in WWII and change everything that happened after it. For example: The July 20th 1944 plot to kill Hitler succeeds and Himmler is in charge. A cease-fire is made with Russia and the war turns into Germany's favor again. The outcome of the altered history is up to the players to RP it out.

This way, people who are not very knowledged in WWII can still play.

Honestly, how many of you thought "I bet I could have won the Battle of the Bulge if I did this instead of what they did." This RPG would give you that chance.

14. stukov_mengsk

stukov_mengsk Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2003
    hello, i am working on an rpg. it is based around the nighmareish universe of Armoured core. if any of you are interested in GMing a faction of AC, please pm me. (i may not check this thread again soon).

please let me know if your interested, about every faction is open!

or if your interested in playing, it should be up in 2-7 days.

15. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Sounds very cool Mitth.

16. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Mitthy, I might joina that one.

17. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Mitth: mmmm...the chance to use the first atomic bomb...mmmmmmmmmmm :D -- sounds like a good concept.

18. The_Dark_Overlord

Apr 16, 2002
    Mitthy you know Im game ;) to bad that I couldnt GM my WW2 rpg :(
    But if you create it, I'l play it.

19. stukov_mengsk

stukov_mengsk Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2003
    if you guys want to see a "pre-veiw" of the armored core game to come, here it is...

in the distant future? cites are buried beneath sand, and the landscape is devastated from a series of wars. Rival government factions are struggling to control what little is left. Wars between them still continue. The most common weapon among them are called "MTs" (I assume it stands for "mobile troop" or something similar) these are colossal machines of many forms, shapes and sizes. And of course they have all kinds of assorted weaponry. Because of this massive power struggle, the factions hire powerful mercenaries know as "ravens". These "ravens" are so powerful because they own some of the rarest most powerful weapons available, knows as "ACs" or"armored cores". These are even bigger and more colossal then MTs, So ravens are highly respected and valuable. and most of the time decide the fate of a battle?

the 6 major factions that you can choose from are:

ZIO MATRIX
    EMERAUDE
    BALENA
    INDIES terrorist organization.
    NEO ISACC B.O.C (BUREAUCRACY OF CONTROL)
    NERVES CONCORD

20. MadameBastet

MadameBastet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    "What if Narnia and Starwars got mixed together? What if you could be Susan or Mara, High King Peter or Luke Skywalker. You can be any of the characters from Narnia or Starwars here."
    Master_Ponta

The RPG is Narnia/Star Wars RPG, and we're in need of more players that are interested in Narnia, or who just want to join in on an Earth meets Star Wars sort of RPG. As Master_Ponta posted at the begining of the RPG, you can play any Star Wars character, bearing in mind that it takes place in the NJO era, or you can play any of the children who had been to Narnia.

The RPG starts out(from a Narnia perspactive) with a meeting of the Friends of Narnia, those who had visited Narnia before. They had dug up magic rings that allowed Polly and Digory to visit Narnia at the begining of that world.

If you want to join as a Friend of Narnia, just post touching the yellow ring and coming out of the pool at the World Between the Worlds. If a Star Wars character, contact Master_Ponta for instructions.

Any questions can be PM'd to myself or Master_Ponta, who started the thread. Please join.

21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    If I do start the AU WWII RPG, I will need some GM help with it.

22. drops_of_jupiter

drops_of_jupiter Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    WWII has always intrigued me; I lived in Germany for 4 years, and have fresh memories of vising sites such as Normandy, Stalingrad, Nurenberg (Nurenberg trials), and other war sites including The Battle of the Bulge and Operation Market Garden. I've also been to countless WWII museums.
    I'd really like to join a WWII [alternate history] RPG, and would be glad to help in any way I can. I say go for it! ;)

23. MadameBastet

MadameBastet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Okay, another pitch for the Narnia thread.

The characters we need are as follows, though we don't need all of them filled, just a couple.

Peter
    Edmund
    Susan
    Eustace
    Digory (the Professor) is optional, as is Polly

If anyone can fill any of these places, please join. You don't even need to know about Narnia to play. You will get plenty of help along the way if you need it.

You could probably even play a neighbor that walks in on the Friends of Narnia and goes with Jill and Lucy, just make the person kind of Brittish from after the war.

The link is in the post I did above this one, as are other details. Please join.

*puppydog face*

24. Master_Vicky

Master_Vicky Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    I bat new at all of this, but it looks interesting so... I'm looking for a RPG that's preferably during or after the NJO. I'd also like to stick to mainly jedi type characters, but I can do others too. PM me if you can use me.

-Vicster

25. exodus411

exodus411 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2003
    "Pirates of the Caribbean" game is up, if any of you want to check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.