main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq RPG Journal

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by I-Like-The-Dark-Side, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
  2. BelaLugosi

BelaLugosi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    LMAO. You've really captured the jack@$$ery.

3. I-Like-The-Dark-Side

I-Like-The-Dark-Side Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2004
    How do you capture jacka$$ery? Spread a net over a tv playing Harold & Kumar?

Anyway, I want to see that ewok and droid ad. Get the photos to Lor!

4. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    i think he captures it pretty well with that snazy camera of his...

...I will bug Lor about the pics tonight, he doesn't read the board unless he absolutly has to.

5. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    ok ok. Here's some photos. some were a little out of focus, thank god, so I didn't post them.

enjoy.

From Day 5:

Matt gives an exuberant briefing to the blaster-fodder ensemble "swoop gang" while Varza and.... Frank what's your character's name anyway? stand on the adjacent buildings preparing to ambush.

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~cfranklin00/RPG/mattbriefing.jpg]

A birds eye view of the aftermath..

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~cfranklin00/RPG/birdseye.jpg]

Disposing of the evidence..

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~cfranklin00/RPG/evidence.jpg]

The "Cat-Puncher" strikes again...

[image=http://home.comcast.net/~cfranklin00/RPG/catpuncher.jpg]

....From Day 7...
    we didnt get much gaming done this day... or at least, none of it was documented on film, but this trash was:

Ewok polishing... Boba Fett approved!
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~cfranklin00/RPG/ewokfett.jpg]

Murder... Boba Fett approved!
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~cfranklin00/RPG/murderfett.jpg]

Boba Fett... Boba Fett approved!
    [image=http://home.comcast.net/~cfranklin00/RPG/fettfett.jpg]

6. I-Like-The-Dark-Side

Nov 10, 2004
    Now it's MY turn to laugh my a$$ off!!!!

7. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    yesturday was a bust but we are meeting again this sunday coming up. The more people the better. It will be a big day - we are hitting the caves.

Won't be there myself, I will be driving home from Denver.

8. I-Like-The-Dark-Side

Nov 10, 2004
    What you mean is you will be suffering from the Umbarin genetic disorder known as Projectile Intestinal Seizures.

9. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    yeah... sure, why not. man, this planet is dangerous to the digestive systems, don't drink the water people!

10. I-Like-The-Dark-Side

Nov 10, 2004
    Day 8? ?I?ll do what the Twi?Lek says.?
    ?Famous last words.?

We geared up and got ready to head out. At east most of us did. Varza said she was having ?Umbarin Problems? and wouldn?t talk to anyone except the Twi?Lek about it. I asked her if she ate any fur burgers and she screeched at me and locked herself in her quarters. I was just trying to see what was wrong with her! Man, and people wonder why Devaronian males leave their wives and travel the galaxy . . .

The Rodian, Rex Qwondo, took Lor?s old swoop bike. We packed for a few days out camping and headed into the forest. The place is pretty heavily wooded so going was slow. Rex seemed to know the way pretty well. He kept pointing out useless facts to us. ?That?s the fourth oldest tree in the forest!? Fourth oldest? Gee, let me get my camera. ?That?s a Correlian Panther!? Big deal. ?That?s the fourth oldest Correlian Panther in the forest!? You made that one up, didn?t you?

About eight clicks before we got to where our map said the camp was we ran into some giant wooden wall. It was made of huge logs layered on top of each other and sealed with mud or something. It looked old. Rex said he had heard of the wall before. It was about two stories high so we had to go around. Eventually we decided to head up the mountainside to get a better view of the valley floor and scope out the camp.

The wooden wall encloses a huge pat of the forest. Inside we could see two temples, ancient by the look of them, surrounded by very recent metal walls To the southeast of the temples is some type of processing plant. Just south of the plat are the caves. We didn?t see any heavy machinery or heavy weapons, but everywhere there were people. They were either dressed in sturdy working clothes or the martial arts uniform of the Wampa Wallop school. The uniformed guys seemed to be running the place, but no one looked unhappy. There were some small arms and what looked like lightsabers, but other wise everything seemed pretty orderly.

We waited until nightfall and continued to observe the site. Everything continued pretty much as usual, except for two strange occurrences. At one point everyone seemed t gather around the two temples. A little while after that the temples were suddenly surrounded in some kind of strange lightning storm, and the light started to arc into the sky. It was wild. Much later in the night a ship arrived, a big one. Blayne said it was a capital scale ship. It landed by the processing station and left stayed for about two hours before it took off.

Our little group isn?t much on patience, so we decided to head into the camp the next night. We rode our swoops to a break in the wooden wall, directly south of the processing station. We hid the bikes and decided to go the rest of the way on foot to avoid detection. Blayne was pretty upset that he had to leave his big guns behind. That?s one Mandalorian who loves his toys. The Twi?lek chick produced some huge repeating blaster rifle. Where the hell did she get that? More importantly, where has she been hiding it all this time? And where can I get the video?

We hoofed it to the wall surrounding the caves. We made god time with the Rodian leading the way. The wall wasn?t very high so we all jumped over. Blayne made some racket rolling around in his armor, but no one was really there to see. We chose to go in at the time everyone would be at the temple and that seemed to work. There were some people still working around the cave entrances, but not many.

The caves entrances were all over the place. They looked more like mine shafts. Most had been shored up with timber and widened a bit. Some cave mouths were giving off a strange yellow glow. We picked the closest glowing one and headed in. The glowing was caused by all these little crystals in the walls, just like the ones we found in the kid?s room. Strange. We kept going down, Rex leading the way. The deeper we got the more we could hear the hum of electricity, and the brighter it got. More and crystals appeared on the walls.

We came to a large dome-sh

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    great! I love it and wish I had been there instead of locked in my room!

12. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    LOL. i don't know, i'm pretty sure you were humping the jedi. no pictures from this one. I'll have to take more next time.

13. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    won't be there tonight, i had to ride in with parents yesturday due to weather so unless I go home right after work I am pretty much stranded.

wish we could push it back a day though but i guess tonight is the only avaible night.

hopefully i will see you guys sunday

14. I-Like-The-Dark-Side

Nov 10, 2004
    Day 9??Tentacles? Glad I?ve got my pants on . . . ?

Whatever was coming down the tunnel toward us was big. I tipped the desk over and got behind it for cover.

?What, you going to build a pillow fort, now?? Blayne asked. No, you freaking Mandalorian, I am NOT building a pillow fort. When did I become the group?s bitch?!?! Is this still fallout from humping the Jedi, which I did NOT do. It?s called cover, Blayne, look it up. I guess that?s a concept you might not be familiar with, judging by the number of times I have seen you take blaster bolts to the face.

What came down the tunnel might have been one of those worms at one time, but it sure was different now. It had all these tentacles with mouths coming out of it?s body. I thought we would be in for a good scrap, but the worm-thing kept getting all its tentacles tangled. We shot it down, the only hit any of us taking was on Blayne?s armor that he just shrugged off.

We were still a little banged up from fighting the worms from before. We realized we should do something about that. It?s never really something we had to deal with before, since we had that Jedi healer with us. Since he just kind of disappeared, though, we had to rely on our own talents. I broke out my medkit and helped take care of everybody?s wounds.

Well, I guess ?wounds? isn?t the right term. It was more like a ?relative loss of vitality?. It appears there is a difference between that and an actual ?wound? but I?m not really clear on it. It bears more research . . .

Rigt after that we heard Varza come in over the com links. Apparently she was finished with her ?Umbarin Female issues? and wanted to join up with us. It was still night outside, so we gave her directions on slipping into the camp and meeting up with us in the caves.

Together again, we made our way back to the main tunnel, followed it down until it reached a natural cave and leveled off. There was a path leading between all the stalactites and ?mites and pools of standing water, so we followed it. We came to some mining machinery. It looked recently used, so we kept following the path.

That?s when Blayne starts in with this, ??Hey guys, you ever feel nervous about things in the ground??

?Like what?? I asked.

?Like, I dunno, like something in the ground that wants to, like, eat you. Like a hole with teeth and tentacles that reach for you, and stuff.?

?Like those worms we fought?? I said.

?No, no. Like a big, wet, warm hole in the ground, with teeth and tentacles, and whatever you stick in there you?re not getting back. And it wants to eat you because you?re a Mandalorian.?

We all stopped and looked at him.

?So is it just me??

Yeah, Blayne, it?s just you.

We continued on in silence, which was good because we started to hear voices up ahead. The Twi?lek and Blayne were both pretty confidant that they could move undetected, so we sent them up ahead to scout out the source of the voices. Rex and Varza and I hung back. Balyne and the Twi?lek chick, toting her huge freaking battle rifle, came across two of those workers talking to one of the Wampa Wallop guys dressed al in black. After a bit they moved off and they followed them. We followed, too, but still stayed pretty far back. We didn?t want to give away our presence, let alone Blayne and that chick?s.

It wasn?t long before some of those worms jumped out at the group we were following. The two workers produced blasters and the Wampa Wallop guy took out a lightsaber. The three of them took care of the worms pretty easily, which I guess is expected with that one guy being some kind of weird Jedi or something (who I?m not going to hump, by the way?just thought I?d say that).

Blayne figured with them distracted by fighting the worms, this was our best chance to grab one and get some information out of him. Now, in case you haven?t been keeping track, our little group?s record for taking prisoners isn?t very good. We have a tendency to blow people all to hell. After that, people usually aren?t very wiling or able to answer any questions. I need

15. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    LOL
    ROCKET-MAAAAAAN!!!!!
    ...Blowin' up the Jedi IN the cave...

16. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    hahahahahaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

17. I-Like-The-Dark-Side

Nov 10, 2004
    And it's gonna be a long, long time
    'Til Blayne takes a prisoner alive.
    He's not just a Manda-lor-IAN,
    Oh no, oh no!
    He' s a Rocket-MAAAAAAAAN!

Rocketman!
    Blowin' up the Jedi IN the cave!

18. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
  19. I-Like-The-Dark-Side

Nov 10, 2004
    Day 10??No time for love Dr Jones!?

We hid the bodies in a pool of water. They slipped under the still surface like . . . ah, I?m all out of similes. Blayne had it in his head to cut up the mining equipment with the dead Jedi?s saber. So he did. I?m not sure he was a Jedi, but I don?t know who else uses the Force and carries a lightsaber. He sure didn?t act like one. He may have died like one. I?ll have to let Blayne gather a bit more information to confirm that.

After Blayne cut up the machinery we didn?t really know what to do. We just kind of stood around and talked a lot about our options. We didn?t want to go further into the cave and risk running into a hundred or so kill-crazy miners and Jedi-likes. It was getting light, so going outside the cave wouldn?t be a good idea. We were kind of stuck. Kind of indecisive, too. I doubt ay of us will be getting our Mandalorian Merit Badge for Leadership anytime soon.

Let?s face it. Murder is all we?re good at, and when that isn?t working we can find ourselves at a loss.

The group decided to head back to the trapped Jedi and see if we could free him using the lighsabers at our disposal. When put into the lightning field the blade attracts the energy, loosening it?s hold on the Jedi a little. I took the Jedi?s saber and Blayne?s captured one. I stood behind the Jedi, sticking each blade into the field on either side of him (note: no humping going on here). Everybody else tied a rope around the guy and tug-o-warred him right out of the field! The lightning?s pull on the sabers became really strong all of a sudden and snapped them right out of my hands. They?re still on, stuck up against each wall of the cave.

The Jedi, Kyle if you can believe it, is one green kid. My horns have more experience than he does. He was on Talus for a vacation and heard rumors of this Wampa Wallop school for force users and decided to check it out. He was doing exactly what we are, investigating the caves and the camp, when he was attacked by some huge insect-like alien, with four arms, wielding four lightsabers. He had never seen anything like it before. Next thing he knows he is trapped in the force field.

He has seen the kid we are looking for. The kid is some kind of attendant in the temple. He also told us about non-Force sensitive people (he called them) kept in cages to be ?experimented? upon by the students. We would need an army to get the kid out, so we decided to lay low in the caves and get some rest until sundown. The Jedi talked and talked, about all sorts of mindless crap. One thing he did mention was that the Wampa Wallop instructors did not seem to know what a Jedi was, which is why they let him have access to the temple and even stay there in their guest quarters. This whole thing seems like some sort of bush-league group of Force-using wannabes who are kind of making it ll up as they go along. I don?t know where the crystals they ship are going, though, or how the big bug with the lightsabers fits into all of this.

After dark we decided to get out of there. Rex led the way and stopped us at the mouth of the caves. He had heard dogs, several of them on patrol around the cave entrances. Blayne judged the closest guard with a dog was thirty or so meters away. The wall was only half that, so we went for it. Varza and the Twi?Lek went first. Varza went over the wall and the Twi?lek lay prone across the top to cover us if we needed it. One second the Jedi is next to me, and the next his is gone and over the wall. I had seen Lor do that once, too. Blayne and I make a run for it. I get over no problems but Blayne trips! He makes enough racket in his armor to make the dogs go crazy.
    So he does what any Mandalorian inhis situation would do?he fires up the ?ol jetpack.

So there goes our hopes of leaving undetected in a shout of jet fuel and Blayne lit up against the night sky like a jump into hyperactive. He landed all right, overshooting the wall by a good forty meters. We don?t have any time to ask him what in the hell he thought he was doing before he?s waving at

20. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    indeed... we didn't blow up nearly enough things last time. [face_plain]

21. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    question is will there ever be a next time?

22. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    yeah there was another time but I Like the Dark Side didn't show... bah! boo!!!!

anyways, bumping for Hans and Hoby

23. Gelzcapz

Gelzcapz Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2002
    so whens the next post I want to hear about the "drunk Twi'lek adventures" ... what goofy things will he be getting into to next, will he find true love or just another bottle of wookie ale :} LOL

24. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    unfortunatly Frank isn't around so I have no idea... maybe I should email him a run down or we can get Christov to post - Christov?!!

25. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    probably one next week. though last week we did manage to make a huge spice deal and execute a few adicts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.