main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[RPG] Mod in the Games: RPG forum

Discussion in 'Communications' started by FlareStorm, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I don't think there's a mod in the Games: RPG forum, probably because it's pretty dead.

But I think if there was a mod who could make some official and sticky links, and willing to start some discussions, it could really pick up.

Recent news says that Star Wars d20 RPG might be going out of production. No Star Wars fan should want this, much of the EU has been drawn from the RPG.

2. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    We have a Games: RPG forum?

3. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    dp4m mods in that forum. Try sending him a PM. :)

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Recent news says that Star Wars d20 RPG might be going out of production. No Star Wars fan should want this, much of the EU has been drawn from the RPG.

I'd thought that I *was* listed in the header! :)

Anyways, the news we have is that production is shut down until April to allow focus on the Star Wars Miniatures game, at which point there might be some new d20 products rolling out from Wizards of the Coast.

We've got a couple of different sources saying a couple of different things, so it's a bit hard to cut through the chatter. But I'd wager that we'll see more d20 sourcebooks around, oh say, May... ;)

5. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Hm, I heard about this and found it confusing. Particularly since most RPGers I know play with miniatures. Are they talking "miniature wargame" a la "On to Richmond" or "Warhammer?"

As for me, I've got the d20 rulebook, I'm JUST beginning to understand combat, and why would I stop using it? And being confused by it, necessitating a rush to the RPG forum and asking stupid questions of the very patient folks there...

[face_love]

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hm, I heard about this and found it confusing. Particularly since most RPGers I know play with miniatures. Are they talking "miniature wargame" a la "On to Richmond" or "Warhammer?"

More the latter, but I suspect it's actually something more akin to... //shudder... HeroClix. I'm definitely not up on the game, but there are a couple of forum regulars who have better information than I on this subject...

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Go ahead and lock this thread. I didn't know that dp4m mods that forum (he doesn't show up in the Forum Moderators list on the RPG board).

Edit: Mistress_Renata come in and ask! One thing we need there is newbies to get some discussion going. The forum is slow, so don't worry about spamming :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.