Tucson RPG planning

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Nov 30, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. GoG Jedi Youngling

star 2
    i wish to be a Sith Lord. simple as that. dual bladed saber, dark face, low cloak etc... mysterious past..

Anyone can be good, all u have to do is sit at home and eat chips and watch tv to be good, BUT to be Evil, now that is something diffferent
  2. DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling

star 1

LOL this is sooooooooooooo much more besides force sensitives and smugglers lol. i take it u have never played before?
  3. DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling

star 1
    bah everyone always want to play a bad guy with a light saber :-B
  4. Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well you might want to think of something else. No sith lords, or any sith/jedi for that matter, I mean PC wise, in my campaign. There may be a NPC or two but thats yet to be seen. Force sensitive is allowed though.
  5. dialswiftjustice Jedi Master

star 4
    This is a Star Wars RPG with no sith lords or Jed1?
  6. cathiecat Jedi Master

star 4
    last time I played D&D I was 12 yrs old... I am now 38.. so it's been a while.

I've read some of the more recent books on it though.. I know it includes different levels of powers and all sorts of extras.. but you still have to have a basic character idea to work with I am thinking. In any case my point is.. I don't want to be a character that follows a path of evil.. for some reason I am weird like that.. perhaps because I am too much of a sithy person in real life. o_O
  7. DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling

star 1
  8. cathiecat Jedi Master

star 4
    constant reminders I am giving.. January 9th 7pm our house. when we get closer to the day of I will post directions.. it is off of I10 and Congress..yes.. this is the west side of town.. but it will be worth it I am sure.. to finally get the game going.. this first meeting will be planning.. the game will not start I don't believe.. but JM will correct me if I am wrong.. we will work on character sheets and get an overview of the game.. so please try your best to be at this first meeting and not miss the planning. Again.. I am sure we can work out something for someone that needs a ride.
  9. TI-525 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    i would like to play but....
    one tiny small problem is that ...
    i live in san diego
    oh and by the way ill be moving out to good ol' tucson this summer / spring or something like that so ...... ill see you guys then
  10. cathiecat Jedi Master

star 4
    looking forward to having you join us!
  11. DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling

star 1
  12. Jamesmorbidia Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well there may be evil NPCs and even possible Jedi NPCs. But no PC that are. Other restrictions will be presented at the Monday Get together. Most likely there will be dual GMs, Both myself and my brother. We have an easier time running things when we do that. and being that there will be some novice players it helps keep things running more smoothly.

the time line will be somewhet after the vong invasion. "evil" char are allowed just not actual sith.(aka a scoundrel or bounty hunter isnt actualy good but are allowed)
  13. TI-525 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    i wont be joining alone either
    my cousin wants to join as well
    he doesnt wanna join until im in though so..../moved out there
  14. DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling

star 1
    SWEET after vong invasion? well i was thinkin about a rodian scoundrel 2/bounty hunter 2
  15. cathiecat Jedi Master

star 4
    so I am attempting to study with google to learn the lingo.. but I still have some goofball questions.. what is NPC and PC.. and what is the difference between them.
  16. DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling

star 1
    NPC = Non Player Character, pretty much any character controled by the Game Master.

PC = Player Character, i think this one is pretty explanatory
  17. DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Bump.

cmon folks we are talking RPG here lol
  18. GoG Jedi Youngling

star 2
  19. cathiecat Jedi Master

star 4
    thanks for the explanation.
  20. DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling

star 1
    of course! im super excited
  21. Vangarian Jedi Master

star 4
    Well gang, I hope you have a wonderful gaming experience. It took me several months before I finally got a group together, but it was worth the wait. Just remember a few tips for maximum enjoyment.

1. Munchees are very helpful but so is helping the host and hostess of the house you are gaming at when the game is over so everybody help pitch in, clean up debris and trash around the gaming room -if any- before you leave.

2. When gaming, you will find it is so inspiring to hear Star Wars Sound Tracks and other Sci-Fi/Adventure Musical Sound Tracks while you game. Because even during a lull in gaming you'll have that music to entertain the gamers and offset any bordom from setting in. Feel free to PM me for some suggestions that might help your gaming experience.

3. When the gaming group is a bit numerous, it helps to designate an Assistant GM to help with table look ups, so that the Primary GM can concentrate on gaming flow and creativity. As a warning you would probably do better not to have anymore than 7 players tops.

4. As with all gaming groups there are going to be some players who just naturally dominate the scenarios and are just plain better at gaming than other gamers. To the Gm I say, keep the balance with all the players as much as possible. You may have to be a bit stern at first, with such super players until you get a steady flow from one player to the next, as these Players will tend to take up your time more than the rest, if you let them.

5. Above all else keep it fun for all. If the GM desires an occasional tear jerker scene and requires somebody to die, always go for a KIA of a NPC as a first choice, so as to motivate your gaming group with some blatant righteous indignation. Then let them discover who the perp was. Then let them have at 'em. It can be very emotionally satisfying to take out the trash that killed poor old Neggut the begger whom your gaming PCs just happened to befriend as they were heading into their favorite watering hole that he suggested to them some weeks before.

6. As motivation to play their best the GM might have a question for each player at the end of the evening's gaming session. Who was the evening's best PC and why. Qualification, they can't refer to their own PC but only someone else's. Whoever gets the most votes, gets 10 SPs/2000 XPs instead of say 2 or 5 SPs/1500 XPs.

I hope that comes in handy for your future RPG adventures in Star Wars, be it D20 or D6.

Vangarian out
  22. timstephens4 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Getting ready for next Monday, is there anything those of us without characters (and experience) need to start thinking about before we meet. It might make the whole night run smoother if everybody showing up knew a general idea of what they want to be. I forget who is heading this up, so whoever it is I'm sorry. Whoever is heading this up, can you post a list of things to consider, things that you will not allow (I know Jedi/Sith are not in the game, but anything else), even some suggestions to start thinking about. We can then come in on Monday night and just work out the details for our characters instead of creating them on the spot. Just a suggestion.
  23. DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Well i would like to be the first to voulenteer for the assitant GM position if one such position is required lol.

Anyways ill just reiterate that my character will be a rodian scoundrel/bountyhunter and if anyone else wants to plan ahead and needs a little help with whats available or what not contact me.
  24. cathiecat Jedi Master

star 4
    okay.. I am not sure.. but I am fairly certain JamesMorbidia and his brother are both going to head this up.. I am sure JM will correct if I am wrong in this assumption.. this first meeting is going to be the character planning.. not acutal gameplay.. or so I also think.. but if I am wrong.. again.. JM is going to correct me and let you know..

remember.. PM me if you need directions to my house.
  25. DarthTwiztid Jedi Youngling

star 1
    no worries im down with focusing on playin.

WOOT STAR WARS RPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie