main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson RPG planning

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Nov 30, 2005.

1. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I have never actually done a Star Wars RPG. I have played D&D a couple times but never got into it. I am vaguely familiar with how it goes, but I havent done it in a while. I wanna get into it. I don't care the type of adventures or anything. Just whatever.

2. Jedi_Gorf

Jedi_Gorf Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2005
    I was on here a while back asking about RPG and no one was doing it at the time. I've played a bit of SW RPG in my life, but mostly the WEG version back in high school. I have a little experience with the d20 though. Are you guys still trying to get something going, or have you got a campaign going already?

3. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    No, things are going slow, and we havent started one yet, but we really want to, and the more the merrier!

4. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Ok then this is encouraging. I see we've got the minimum necessary for a gaming group. Now for the next question. Does anybody have a problem with gaming with the D20 gaming system? I've made a major investment in every book that they (WotC) ever published for the game. I do use some of the D6 books for gaming scenario ideals. Up until now I've offered to GM for Friday evenings. Now for those who have checked in more recently, my question is can you make a clearing for friday evenings to RPG?

5. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Ahem. Hello. Anybody home?

6. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    D20 is the game we were originally scheduled to play.. so I know I am ready for a D20.

7. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Ok. How many people are up for this Friday evening. I realize it is extremely short notice for some but I can do it on friday evening, barring the complete washing out of the bridges crossing the Santa Cruz River. If everyone is a go on this then I'll give it my best shot. What say the people at this time for tomorrow evening. Next question. Cathiecat would you be willing to host?

8. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    yeah I might be able to go, depending on where it is that you live. I will be around Grant & Country Club for a band concert I don't want to go to, so if you live relatively close I can come, and WILL come!

also, d20 is what I had thought we were talking about all along, and thats what I'm familiar with, so thats what I wanna do... yeah...

9. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Ok. That's two in and two to go. Come on people I need two more players.

10. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    so... where do you live?

11. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I will PM you my house directions.. is anyone else planning on being at this session..

12. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    still not sure if this is a go or not for this evening.. but we are home if it is.

13. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    My humble apologies to one and all for not being able to contact you all until now. My wife was kept at work later than usual and will be working tomorrow for 8 hours. We had to double time our domestic chores during this evening since she has to work tomorrow. What are the chances of a get together at your address Cathiecat from 10 am - 2 pm for pc generation and possibly short intro gaming session? I know I'm clear during that time period. If not, I understand. As I recall you said you'd be out of town next weekend. Is that still correct? If so I can plan for a gaming session for the following weekend after the 13th of August. Again my sincerest apologies. :(

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    no problem on last night, things happen, I myself won't be in town to have a planning meeting until after the 19th of this month, but I am all for it any time, and certainly anyone could meet on the 18th that wanted to, I would just have to miss that evening.

15. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Ok _Anakin_Vader_, OK. I can appreciate your enthusiasim. Would you be interested in getting together at say Coffee Exchange for a PC generation session for your character. Since Cc is going to be out of town starting on the 10th, what will need to be done for starters would be getting the PCs generated. I already briefly talked to Cathiecat by phone yesterday and decided that PCs with a character level of around 6 would be well rounded enough to handle most things coming their way. As for Force sensitives that depends. Anyone can have a "gift" or "sensitivity" or "awareness". Such things happen in everyday life. I will have to say no to Jedi for now, because Jedi are at this time somewhat rare. Less than .000001% of the Galactic population is a Jedi. As for force sensitives not a problem. It'll have to be subtle such as waking dreams that have a strange tendency to be prophetic. I'll have to lay down the law as what constitutes growth in that area also. So lets go slow and easy in that area for now. Ok?

Next: Would you like to get together this coming Friday evening at the above mentioned Coffee Exchange? Let me know if you could meet there for say 7-ish or there abouts. Let me know what you think.

Vangarian/John

16. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Well, usually I only date younger men, but seeing as how you seem so enthusiastic, I can give you a try.

[face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick][face_sick]

Ok that went too far.

But I think that that might work, I need to talk to my parents, who currently are out of town. Most likely, though, yeah I could do that. Yay Coffee!

17. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Ok then I'll make tentative plans with my wife to clear the way for Friday evening at Coffee Exchange, at Grant and Cambell for PC generation and yes coffee.

18. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    It's a date then! Ill be there at 7.

19. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    you guys enjoy, I will be looking forward to getting my character ready when I get back!! Anyone else that is interested in the RPG by all means clear a few Fridays a month :)

20. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    For anyone that wants to join in the fun, we are having a RPG Character meeting on August 25th, this Friday evening, at 7pm, feel free to come and join in, we will be meeting at my house, if you need directions please PM me.

21. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    I will most likely be there!

22. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    so that is only two of us in addition to our GM. If anyone else is interested please do come and join us. :) We are working on making this at least monthly, if not twice monthly. Would love to get it started again, I know the last time things fell apart right after everyone got their characters together, but I have a good feeling about this, so here's to seeing you. :)

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    We had a nice time last night working on Character Generation, just hoping we get some more folks into the game, come on to those of you that wanted an RPG!!! Come out of the woodwork and join us!! The time has come and it is beginning!

24. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Again, Again! More RPG!!!

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I agree! I do not know if we are meeting this friday night or not,I will call Vangarian to find out though.