main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA RPG Recap - GM Chris

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Earwen_Lightrider, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    [image=http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii90/NataLekku/RolePlaying/Episode1138.jpg]

Skara, a wealthy noble, decides to leave the watery planet of Manaan. In his meandering through space he brings aboard what looks to have once been an R2 unit that was floating in space. Skara is able to convince Socket to remain on board the ship by telling him that he has an attractive T3 on board. With a happy tweet Socket joins him. Socket is instructed to find someone who can speak droid speak and translate for him. After several arguments with the droid who's beeps he does not understand - Socket trundles off to place an ad. Dae-Lan-Neranda answers the Obi-Wan's list ad and gets in touch with Skara. Dae-Lan-Neranda negotiates 8% of the share as a starting point for his cut of the jobs in exchange for translating. The droid negotiates an 8% share as well with Dae as his intermediary. Dae-Lan-Neranda is going to get into contact with a mercenary on planet he knows and contacts Desmond on Nar Shadda. Socket is instructed to place another add for someone stealthy as the captain continues to threaten him with getting spaced. Since Socket was found in space he is not very fond of the idea of being spaced again. Desmond negotiates 5% fee once Skara and his turtle ship arrive on Nar Shadda.

Meanwhile Zia is hanging out on Toydaria wondering when she'll be able to get off planet and where to go next. Browsing through Obi-Wan's list she comes across an ad that catches her interest and replies. She gets a response with contact information for the leader and passes on hangar coordinates for Toydaria. They send back a time to meet and Zia heads out to grab her gear and arrives at the hangar early. Skara is able to negotiate the Toydarian's out of having to pay a docking fee and into paying him for his Kolto farm profits. Zia negotiates 8% and follows Dae on board not realizing that Dae was only authorised to offer 5% and was instructed to only go that high if negotiations demanded it. Zia agrees and they leave the planet. She wonders what kind of people would higher someone without getting a name or history.

Desmond has issues with working with Hutts, but no one else seems to have issues with any employer that may higher us. Socket has somehow learned how to bang his head against the ship - pretty impressive for an astromech. Skara informs us that the droids have their own room and that the rest of us will be sharing the remaining quarters. Dae is furious at this and demands comfortable bedding so that she may sleep within her bodygaurd droid's arms. Many jokes about messing with the ships gravity to see Dae flung about the room ensue.

Dae informs us that one of her associates is a very wealthy collector. There is a particular book that he needs and the owner of the book is unwilling to part with it. He would like to meet with us and discuss the details. He is willing to pay us handsomely.

The group is given coordinates for Panna City. They head for Panna City escaping ship eating creatures on the way - at this point the newly hired crew realizes the ships only weapon defense is a forward lock gun turret. Once on planet the group knows to meet Dae's contact at Club Dicard - a higher end dinner club. Skara orders Zia and Desmond to shadow him and Dae. They are also taking along the astromech with them.

The hangar is on the opposite side of the city and as the group makes its way across the streets Zia and Desmond draw the attention of a Bothan patrol. Desmond keeps losing sight of Skara and Dae - so Zia ends up dragging him along. Socket in his constant scanning notices that Desmond is looking quite lost and informs Skara and Dae. Skara does not seem disturbed by this news and informs his companions that if their shadows end up drawing the attention then no one will notice them. Dae agrees that having someone else nearby looking more devious is bound to divert attention.

Up ahead, Zia and Skara spot a place where Bothan security seems to be gathering . Off handedly Skara ask

2. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Bevan, if you haven't read Darth's and droids before, these are so relevant to you.

[image=http://www.darthsanddroids.net/comics/darths0046.jpg]

[image=http://www.darthsanddroids.net/comics/darths0047.jpg]

[image=http://www.darthsanddroids.net/comics/darths0048.jpg]

[image=http://www.darthsanddroids.net/comics/darths0049.jpg]

[image=http://www.darthsanddroids.net/comics/darths0050.jpg]

[image=http://www.darthsanddroids.net/comics/darths0051.jpg]

[image=http://www.darthsanddroids.net/comics/darths0052.jpg]

[image=http://www.darthsanddroids.net/comics/darths0053.jpg]

[image=http://www.darthsanddroids.net/comics/darths0054.jpg]

[image=http://www.darthsanddroids.net/comics/darths0055.jpg]

3. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    Where do you think I got the idea for the joke? ;) I've read every episode.

4. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    I should have known.

Is this what you look like?
    [image=http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2008/02/antique_d2_project.jpg]

5. Corvalis

Corvalis Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2008
    Wow, that gives me a great idea. We should turn the droid into a whiskey still and sell booze!

6. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
  7. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Nah, think of an R2 body with the treads from Short Circuit's Johnny 5 robot bolted to the sides.

And then attach twin mount platforms on the sides with weapons.

8. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    I can do more than imagine it...

[image=http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa84/JediClone/r2-s8.jpg]

... But I thought the weapons were internally stored?

(grabbed the treads off a treaded astromech in the old Essential Guide to Droids)

9. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    I'm writing this down so that I don't forget it later. And yes, it's in character.

Criminal Organization Structure and Notes.

Boss: Me
    Underboss: Squishy
    Information Broker: Pointyhead Chick...ew...
    Thugs: Ex-slave Pain In The Neck, Miss Mistake-in-pay

Payments:
    Stumpy - 8%
    Pointyhead Chick - 8%
    Ex Slave PITN - 5% (haha, sucker!)
    Ms. Mistake-in-pay - 8% (D'oh!)
    Me - ...carry the one...times four...add 2...57%

Expenses:
    Cuttlefish...lots of new cuttlefish
    Droid Oil
    Pointyhead Wax
    Slave Collar
    Womanly "things"

Profits:
    Dude on Hutt planet (Sparky knows which one) owes me 1% of all my profits each year.
    Stuff for doing jobs, more on that later...

10. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Me like :) except your sketch is a tad too tall. My R2's treads are to the side of the cylinder body, not below it. :)

Yeah, the weapons are internally stored. The weapons are in bays on his "back". When in combat, they fold out, the mounts wrap around to the sides, then the guns snap up for combat.

edit: and Dave:

"Underboss: Squishy"

Going by your crew roster, Squishy here is either a crewmember we don't know yet, or a droid (me) with very few malleable parts.

11. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Whatever you say, Steamboat.

12. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    The group enters Club Dicard. Zia and Desmond begin blending in with the crowd to keep an eye on Dae, Skara, and Socket. Zia and Desmond take a booth that has line of sight to the place where the others have sat down and started a game of sabaac. A private booth opens and then closes. The group recognizes another Cerean through the quickly opened curtain. Skara, sensing a trap and tells Socket to go up and check it out. Dae translates the droids response and Skara tells her to go with the droid to translate and then decides to join them as well. Dae sends Zia and Desmond a message to make sure the duo knows where the trio is headed. Skara tries to convince Socket to explode if something goes bad. Socket laments that he does not have a self-destruct package installed. Zia and Desmond continue their Sabaac game.

The trio arrives at the curtain and Skara just goes in. "Hello Leat." Dae says and offers to buy him a drink. Dae continues in Cerean. "This is Skara. He has a ship? we would like a contract or a job that you have available." Leat continues to ignore the droid. Leat mentions that he is facilitating someone else's interest in aquiring a book. He knows the name of the book and the location. The book is in the hands of a private collector on Uzay and is called Graz Kre Welfar. Dae interrupts the business dealings to ask Skara and the droid to leave as they have become annoying by banging on the table. The deal becomes a bit more complicated when Skara opens his mouth and begins describing his sliding pay scale. Leat informs Dae that once the item is in our possession we will be provided safe routes.

Meanwhile, Zia and Desmond see movement in several other private booths as the trio starts up the stairs and at the moment the musical number starts. One of the two booths has a generic humanoid male move down take a seat in the lower section and watch the duo who notices they are being watched.

The trio finishes negotiation and begins to leave. Dae realizes that her comm does not work. The singer has moved into her third song. The guy Zia is watching communicates with others that the group is on the move. Skara motions that Zia and Desmond should join them. Zia and Desmond move towards the door to region the trio. The group makes it outside. Dae finds out that her comlink works outside but not inside. Zia informs the group that there were definitely others who took an interest in the going ons of our group. Zia notices that the group is still being watched and communicating something to others. Passing on this information, Skara decides that the group will enter the hangar next to ours instead of ours and that we need to stay clear of the wall connecting to where Skara's ship is.

Two people arrive. A female with a veil walks in while the male remains outside trying to figure out why this doesn't seem right. Socket locks the door behind the gal and Skara pulls his sword to her throat asking "Is this your ship?" She doesn't answer him and grabs his sword hand - getting him out of position. Skara fires and she barely gets out of the way. Skara looks baffled at how he could possibly miss.

Zia sees that the female has her back to her and fires - unfortunately her gun backfires and she barely moves her arm out of the way. The gun will be in need of repair. The others fire as well and all miss. She throws her hands up into the air and exclaims that she hasn't been paid to fight. Dae negotiates to pay 500 credits to the gal for information. She has been monitoring Leat because one of his honour wives is suspicious and wants to know Dae's intentions. Dae attempts to exclaim that nothing is going on at all between Leat and her in that regard. Skara fails in his attempt to hire her.

Socket negotiates that the female can leave and the group will leave and no harm done. Skara tells the port authority and the angry ship owner that they got the wrong hangar and the group walks next door. Skara heads off to his room to do who knows what. Dae fills Desmond and Z

13. -JediClone-

Mar 21, 2005
    Additional information provided by Manaan?s nuevo-riche social network:

Tauren Eeb is a Theelin, a near-extinct species known for musical talent.

The holo-invitation to be delivered to the crew features a man with a mane-like shock of hair, small horns on the sides of his head, wearing a dark kimono embroidered with light lines.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, captains of industry, aficionistas one and all. Has it really been five years since my last presentation? Never let us forget that in these difficult times it is still possible to find some beauty in the galaxy. You are cordially invited to the recitation of an epic poem, in six parts, to be performed over the course of two evenings with musical accompaniment by own classically trained house orchestra under the direction of maestro Borace Hadd. Dates and locations follow. [alien gibberish, spoken with an elaborate bow]?

Beavis' Mom finds it odd that the name of the poem and the performer are not mentioned, but then the ways of ?old money? types are still alien to her.

14. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    With things being less than ideal for several of our game members, I would like to suggest that we cancel this week and re-evaluate next monday. This week is also bloomsday, so some people may need time to prep for that too.

15. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    I second this suggestion.

16. -JediClone-

Mar 21, 2005
    I'm fine with it.

17. Dark_Jedi_Nasman

Dark_Jedi_Nasman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2006
  18. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Hey guys. Yes, you heard right, I was in the hospital for the last week, and just got out yesterday. I had a horrible case of inflamed pancreas, and it was pretty painful. Right now, just concentrating on things for over 20 minutes tends to wear me out, but as the week goes on, and I can eat more and have more energy, I should get better. I'll be recovering this week, and hope to be back to normal in time for next week. See you guys then!

19. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Do you need any help with anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.