main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

rpg-rules in minis?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by markusr, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markusr

markusr Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2008
    Hi, I've been searching the internet for a game that would appeal to me for years now. I'm not able to find it.
    What I would like in a game is that it is science fiction, have a quick turnbased fight system, the characters can get better on things, and buy new equipment.
    I like star wars minis but its way to simple and boring. RPG in the other hand takes way to much time and effort to play.
    I had this incredible idea to mix the two, using rules (sparsely) from the rpg in minis. But when I sat there reading, it suddenly occurred to me; someone else must of had this idea before me. Someone alot smarter.

I?m also surprised that the rpg-book (at least the one printed 2000) don?t have much weapon or equipment, not even pictures of the stuff. Such a huge universe should have a huge amount of equipment. I just tried battlefront II on pc, there is a lot of things that could have been used in an rpg. Choosing equipment is half the fun if you ask me.

2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    If you know the mini's rules, you know a good chunk of the RPG rules. AFAIK minis are just the RPG combat rules for the most part

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I noticed when you mentioned rule-books you only brought up the one from 2000, so I figure maybe you didn't know about the new Saga Edition book (and if you do, just ignore the rest and keep searching) but the Saga Edition game is pretty slimmed down from the old rules and should be a little easier for a newbie to run. There's not that much for equipment either, but you can use the Arms & Equipment guide from the old rules. AFAIK they wouldn't require much if any adaptation.

4. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    If you want a really fast RPG system, might I suggest a quick look at a certain popular auction site for a copy of West End Games Star Wars RPG. One of the ones you want has Darth Vader's head as the main motif. alternatively, you can pick up the one with the Millenium Falcon flying out of the Deathstar space battle scene.

This is WEG D6.
    It is fast.
    It is rules-light.
    Characters can rapidly advance skills.
    Characters don't have to be Jedi to kick posterior.
    All the starship rules you need have already been published.
    The books are (mostly) cheap and easy to find because of the lost license. Some are a little trickier, but we have ways arround that.
    It was the FIRST published SW RPG.

If you need more info, PM me. I'll ramble on and on all about it.:D

(Please no D6 vs D20 bickering)[face_peace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.