main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA RPG Session Update

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Corvalis, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corvalis

Corvalis Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2008
    Since it sounds like people are wanting to move the RPG sessions to the weekend Fan Club meetings, I'm going to start running games on the weekends we have Social meetings. This weekend, Oct 3rd, is Deanna's birthday weekend, so I can't run one then. The first official RPG meeting will take place on Nov 14th during the meeting. We'll start when everyone gets there. I'll be running the games, so there won't be switching of GMs, unless I can't make it and I can get one of the other GMs to sit in for me (my first choices would be Bevan or Mason or Chris for filling in)

I'm not going to force anyone to play, but if you want to play the campaign, and can't make a weekend, please let me know before-hand so I can adjust the sessions accordingly. Experience will be awarded for each session, so the more sessions you show up to, the faster your character will level.

Each of the campaigns will be broken down into 3 or 4 big chunks, each one lasting 4-6 months, called "campaign-legs". The way it works is like this: We run a campaign of Star Wars Saga for a while, end the "campaign-leg" storyline, then take a break by starting a new campaign in a different system, like D&D 3.0/3,5, and run a "campaign-leg" of that campaign, then switch back to Star Wars Saga and start a new "campaign-leg" with our old Saga characters. After 3 or 4 "campaign-legs" of Saga, our character's retire/die/end their galactic story, and we start after those character's timelines with new characters, and go from there. This keeps me from burning out as a GM. It also gives everyone a chance to play from time to time, and in settings they would love to play in.

So here are the campaign options: (more to come as Bevan and I finish up on the Ghostbusters Saga Style system)

Star Wars Saga edition
    Star Wars d20 edition
    Dungeons & Dragons 3.0/3.5 edition
    Warhammer Fantasy
    Serenity/Firefly
    Battlestar Galactica
    Ghostbusters (not available yet, but when it is, Bevan and I will let you know)

If you want to participate, just reply and let me know you want to play, and what your first and second choices for campaigns you would like to play. If you want to join in on just a specific campaign, please say so. If there are less than 3 people present that weekend, including the GM, we'll join the rest of the Fan Club in goofing off instead of playing the campaign. The first session of each campaign will be character creation, so it is important that you try and show up.

2. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    This is a solid plan and looks very good.

I am interested in the Star Wars saga/d20, and d&d. I'd need more information about the others before I expressed my interest.

3. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Thanks Mason!

As for info on the others:
    Star Wars d20 has more skills, and more things you can do with skills, than Saga. It's a bit more complicated, but also more pliable.

Warhammer Fantasy is classic D&D-esque, but more messed up, harder to create characters, and more fun to play. I built a town guard once, and on my first turn in combat managed to cleave a full grown man in twain with a thrown halberd. You can't do that in D&D without GM say so. That's why I like it.

Serenity/Firefly & Battlestar Galactica actually use the same system, called Cortex. Character creation, combat, and all of the mechanics are easier than Saga, but keeping your character alive is nearly impossible in this system. I have issues with it, but for both of the settings, it works just fine.

Ghostubsters is under construction.

System comparison to saga, Star Wrs d20, D&D 3.0/3.5 are both just the same, only a bit more complicated. Warhammer fantasy is the most complicated, and uses a unique system. Serenity/Firefly, Battlestar Galactica use an easier system, but I have issues with it.

4. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    I'd much rather continue the Star Wars games we already have going than start up new Star Wars games. (If Dave has lost his Fell Star specific documents, I'd still like to have new storylines with those characters). The latest sourcebook (Galaxy At War) even has decent Martial Arts rules!

You could add Star Trek to the list of possibilities too, because I could run that.

5. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    I meant that we would start new campaigns for the other systems. I have no intention of abandonning our other campaigns, especially the ones I ran.

Sounds like Chris is also willing to run a campaign, so Star Trek is on the list as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.