main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq RPG: Star Wars Style

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    We are thinking of getting another Star Wars RPG of the ground around November. We will probably discuss some more at the Sept meeting.

I figure we can discuss here if anyone is interested.

2. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    i actually have the original core rulebook and starships of the galaxy, but im in soccoro and my chances of making a meeting are nill.

3. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    Maybe you can join us while you are in town?>

4. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I haven't done any role-playing since the early 80's, but it sounds fun. I won't be able to participate until finals are over in early December though.

5. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    we won't be starting until after Thanksgiving anyways, Skyra. We have another woman who will probably join us and she comes back that weekend...

I am sure Matt is reading this anyways :p

6. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Then it will work out okay after Thanksgiving. :)

7. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    sweet, we will chat more tomorrow-you are coming tomorrow right,m skyra?

8. abqscout

abqscout Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2004
    I am interested. It all depends on what day and/or evening of the week it will be run. I also have a few charactor concepts I have been thinking about for the game.

9. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    Okay, since its been awhile since we have discussed the RPG, just wanted to see if anyone was still interested in the RPG. I have to talk with Matt on when we can meet the first time to set up characters and we need to know how many people definatly want to do it...

10. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Black 8ight said he was interested in it. I don't know if Suzy said she wanted to get in on it, though...

11. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't know if Suzy could commit because of work but I'm definitely in if you get one going.

12. BelaLugosi

BelaLugosi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    Count me in.
    incidently, any details on location, day, time & frequency yet?

13. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    not yet, I need to call Matt tonight. I will post when I get the info for the first meeting-which will be setting up characters only.

So so far we have- 5 people including the GM:
    Matt
    Obeythefist/Varza
    Bela
    Lorithavon
    black_8ight

anyone else?

14. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Okay I talked to Matt the GM, we will meet at least once in the next few weeks to set up characters for the RPG at his house-I will PM each with directions and such when we figure out a day.

The first actual day of play will probably be the first weekend of December (4 or 5). We have another player coming in but she is out of town until right before thanksgiving.

So I would like to know, when would be a good time for everyong to get together to set up characters and discuss what time period we will play, how often we will play and so on...

I have Saturday nights and all day Sundays free and that is it.

15. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    Sunday works for me. Preferably afternoon.

16. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
  17. black_8ight

Oct 3, 2004
    Sundays sound good. My schedule at work shifts on a weekly basis so I'll need to know in advance when we are going to get together to make characters. I also wanted to let you know that I have never played this RPG before. I'm getting some of the books on Tuesday to read up on it, I hope that's not a problem. I didn't know if this was going to be a veterans only group.

18. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    I dont think I have any of the books anymore, but I will certainly look. I ran Star Wars about 7 years ago, and played it about 1 year ago so I'm not too rusty. I just hope I still have my books... Any idea what edition the GM will be using?

19. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    most definatly not. I have never even done an RPG before so this is for everyone.

I would set the first weekend in December as a firm date and it looks like Sundays might be the easiest for everyong in the afternoon.

The date for setting up the characters I would say either next Sunday the 14th or the 21st. I have a feeling it will be the 14th since Matts wife Cee-another player-will be coming home that weekend. I will double check with him tonight. I keep meaning to and loosing time in everything....

20. black_8ight

Oct 3, 2004
    I work on the 14th but I definitely have the 21st off. I'm just going to try and work it out so that I have all Sundays off. If everyone gets together to make characters on the 14th maybe we can work out some time for me to make mine on another day. Are we going to be playing the newest edition? I want to know what books to track down.

21. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    hum... that was part of what were going to discuss, time period and so on. You have the 21st off and I will suggest that date except its the same day as the next meeting.

What hours do you work?

22. black_8ight

Oct 3, 2004
    I work afternoon till close. Not sure the time yet, we are in flux because one of the other managers quit.

23. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    Oh, a buddy of mine who's also a Star Wars nut is interested in playing if invitation is still open.

24. abqscout

abqscout Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2004
    I'm still interested. If I understood correctly we will be using the D20 rules? I have played both the West End Games and the D20 versions. So I would say I am a veteran player. If Matt needs assistance helping people create characters I would be willing to help.

As for my time preferences, Sunday afternoon-evening would work best for me. I am open to any era.

I would like to contact Matt before we meet to create characters just in case I can't make it to that meeting. Varsa, if you could give me the best way to get in touch with him I would appreciate it.

25. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Earl, I will have to talk to him before I can give out any information first. And get him on the board.

Bela-the more the merrier. Please have your friend come.

black_8night, if we have the meeting on this Sunday would you be able to set yours up at the groups meeting the following week or meet at a different time to do your character?

Also, would anyone be able to meet on this Saturday night? I would like to have everyone there for the first meeting if possible. And then from then on we will meet on Sundays....?

Yes we are playing D20 rules. If anyone needs a list of dice let me know and I will post what you will need. I am sure Matt and Lor will both have extras.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.