RPG Timeframe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Inland Empire CA' started by Sith_241, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_241 Jedi Master

star 4
    In this thread we will discuss and agree eventually on the Era for our RPG campaign. Lets also keep it on topic.
  2. OddeBogodde Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't know how involved I'll be in the game, but I would recommend the New Republic Era. Shortly after Return of the Jedi. There is a lot of stuff that happens (Most of the EU). Unfortunately there isn't much material out on it. The Star Wars RPG has these sourcebooks:

Arms & Equipment Guide
    Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
    Star Wars Roleplaying Game revised core rulebook
    The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
    Tempest Feud
    Starships of the Galaxy
    Alien Anthology
    Rebellion Era Sourcebook
    The Dark Side Sourcebook
    Secrets of Naboo Campaign Pack
    Secrets of Tatooine
    Coruscant and the Coreworlds

Coming Soon
    Galactic Campaign Guide
    Ultimate Alien Anthology
    Hero's Guide

That might help you decide what you guys wanna run. I'm currently running a NJO campaign. Ask Brandon about it if your curious. Any of you are welcome to come down with Brandon when we play.

Also...who here has played an RPG before? any D&D player's here? If so, are you familiar with D20? If so, you should have no trouble picking up on Star Wars.
  3. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love the trilogy era, but we have all ready seen the movies and I think that the Dark Empire is like a derect sequel (because the Empire hasd reternd in full force and is even harder than they were before )to the trilogy and like most of you said "You have not read it or know the story" which means that there will be TONS of supprizes [face_devil]
  4. Rogue_Granger Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm down with whatever....I don't really have a prefrence, I just wanna play :)
  5. OddeBogodde Jedi Knight

star 3
    The main thing to remember about the Star Wars RPG is that your characters ARE the Heroes of the story. They are the Luke's and Leias of the OT. The Dark Empire (which happens to be IN the New Republic Era) is a really cool era. Also running the Hand of Thrawn campaign would kick butt, you could pick up where the heroes of the OT left off. You could play a Rebel pilot who now finds himself a Captain in the New Republic Navy, or a Force Sensitive who is no longer afraid to hide his abilities. The possibilities are really endless.

Brandon, if you go forward on this you need to have Luke be the bad guy, but not in direct conflict with the heroes until the END of the campaign. They should never meet him more than a few times, at this point Luke would destroy ANY one of level 15 or less...Also you are going to need some Major help converting the Dark Empire Sourcebook from D6-D20. There are a few sites we can go to to do this. Let me know dude, I'm here for ya.
  6. Tink_Lady Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've played a few campains in other series, so if anyone just has no clue on the RPG thing I'll be glad to help. I also did some research.. that hand of thrawn thing looks really cool...I'm all for it:)
  7. Sith_241 Jedi Master

star 4
  8. OddeBogodde Jedi Knight

star 3
    For those of you who are interested in playing the RPG, but don't have any of the sourcebooks, PM me. I can help you out.
  9. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah I am defenitly going to need help converting dude thanks :). I new that I was going to have to have r heros go agenst Luke at the end tho ;)
  10. OddeBogodde Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, I just wanted you guys to post your character concepts here so I can mull it over before I create mine. I want to make something that will enhance the group as a hole. In other words, if we already have a Wookie Scout, I dont' want to make another one.

Please Post your characters name (if you have one yet), looks, personality, and the general concept (if you haven't, or aren't familiar, with the class systems)

Check out this Thread on the Wizards Boards
    Character Concepts
  11. Sith_241 Jedi Master

star 4
    Name: Davin Blac
    Species:Male Human
    Class: Soldier (fighter pilot/general pilot)
    Hair: BRN Height:5'11 WGT: 165lbs.

Background: Davin is a former Imperial Tie pilot who defected to the Alliance/NR and flew an x-wing for 2 years. Now an independent frieghter pilot who still occasionally flies fighters for hire, and he nearly has enough money to buy his own ship. He is also a reserve for the NR fighter command.

Ill post more as we get closer, let me know if soldier is ok class for a pilot.
  12. OddeBogodde Jedi Knight

star 3
    Any class is ok for pilot, its a class skill for all character classes, a noble can be just as good a pilot as a soldier, or Jedi. That will work, its one of my original ideas for a character concept in this Era. Good job. Like the name.
  13. OddeBogodde Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ok, I've heard some distressing news...somebody...wants to play a Jawa. ugh! While I understand that a certain person may have a fixation on Jawas, they don't really make for good RPG characters. Especially in the Campaign Brandon wants to run. Why, oh why, would a Jawa be going up against an Evil Luke Skywalker? Jawas aren't meant to be player characters, they are used for NPC's (non-player characters) and background characters.

In the end, if Brandon allows it, then he allows it, but it will be a bit hard to suspend our disbelief.
  14. Tink_Lady Jedi Knight

star 1
    poor megan...she's been found out:) I'll play with a jawa...might be fun, could be playing for the home town advantage?????
  15. OddeBogodde Jedi Knight

star 3
    gee...thanks for the support. It's important to me that no one thinks I'm dissing them, or saying anything negative. I'm merely asking for you to take a step back and look at it from a Role-Play point of view. In MY opinion it doesn't work. But then again, In my campaign there is an Ewok Jedi/Fighter Pilot. The only reason I allowed it is because the player came up with a good reason as to why he should be allowed to have this character.

Here is how it went:
    After the destruction of the second death star the debris destroyed most of the surface of Endor. Many of the Ewok population was transplanted to Yavin IV, a similar planet in ecology. Paploo (the characters name) started the game as a Scout, fitting for an ewok. Many of his villagers had been disappearing. He tracked many of them to this strange underground temple, it just so happened that a Jedi Strike Force, led by Luxor Vega (Brandon), was also investigating strange power signals coming from this temple. The ewok teamed up with the Jedi and in the end saved many ewoks from certain death as well as uncovering a secret sith sect that was growing on Yavin.
    Paploo was in awe of the Jedi, especially their lightsabers, and he asked if he could learn how to use one. Luxor was reluctant even though he felt the force flowing very strongly through the ewok. It wasn't until Master Skywalker met Paploo that he insisted he be trained as a Jedi, Luxor reluctantly agreed and began Paploo's training. Paploo proved a quick learner and in less than a YEAR became a full fledged Jedi Knight, even rivaling his teacher in his prowess with the lightsaber.

An Ewok Jedi you say? Bah! But it certainly works with the right story line.

So my task for you Megan is this....WHY is your Jawa in this group? WHY is your Jawa a Hero? Create a good background and a good reason, and you'll suspend everyones disbelief. ;)

Trust in the Force, it will guide you.
  16. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dont worry Meg, I will help you come up with a great story line, because I happen to love Jawas and know qwite alot about them and there history. :) ;)
  17. OddeBogodde Jedi Knight

star 3
    no you don't, your lying to make her feel better. SHE needs to come up with a good character concept, not YOU. Geeez.

I'm teasing Megan. I love you. Will you be my in game girfriend? I was gonna make a chadra-fan, they small like the jawa, they could have a love child, it would be soooo romantic.
  18. Genvieve-Weasley Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow look what happens when I'm away.. :)

Odde, I'm going to think of why i should be a Jawa etc.

Oh yea Odde, we should be game bf and gf and have a love child. That would be fun
    [face_laugh]
  19. Rogue_Granger Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL! awwww....you do make a cute couple! :D
    an-e-ways, as you can see, I'll be running a Twi'lek. As far as story goes, I'm still thinking! ;)
  20. Genvieve-Weasley Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yea Roguey it's Gen and Odde! yay love ya Odde hehe

Rogue i like your new icon...

See ROGUE it's your fault because you messed up your own name to begin with!! So hah :) love ya Court
  21. Rogue_Granger Jedi Master

star 4
    you guys.....it's ROGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :mad: get it right!!!!!!!!!!
  22. Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Knight

star 3
    The campaign is going to obviously be ran on a weekend, but witch day is going to be best for everyone? I know most people go to school so this is how it can work

A.
    For the people who go to school that also have jobs and or have to always work on Saturday:
    If your job is anything like mine, [face_mischief] your boss is going expecting you to always work on Saturday due to your school schedule, plus that may be most of your hours right their and we don?t want to take away from that. My suggestion for that is, request (if you can) the morning shift and we can stared running the game bye like 5pm and go until 1or 2 in the morning.

B.
    For the people who can play on Sunday but have school and or work the next day :_| :
    We can play anytime until about maybe 10pm or 11pm and maybe 12 (it really all depending on how into it you guys mite be at the time; You may not want to stop [face_mischief] even though you have classes tomorrow [face_devil] )

C.
    For people that can be their anytime on Saturday or Sunday: :eek: THANK GOD FOR YOU!

And any other conflicts that you might have please post them now or just give A,B,or C as you answer, so I can announce the official date and time that the Game?BEGINS.

23. OddeBogodde Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can play on saturdays around 5, or on sunday's anytime. Just let me know. I have a question for you though Brandon, can you play My campaign, this saturday, or sunday? both Matt's and everyone down here is itching to play soon. I am too.
  24. Rogue_Granger Jedi Master

star 4
    well, depending on the Ren Faire schedule, I am free to play at anytime during the weekend :D
  25. Genvieve-Weasley Jedi Knight

star 1
    I dont work at mervyns on the weekends now because of the ren faire so it now depends on what time i work there
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.