RPG ?

Discussion in 'Monroe and West Monroe, LA' started by Darth Rowdon, May 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Rowdon Jedi Knight

This question is mainly for Adelaide....I was wondering what sites you know of for the RPG that you play.... and if you could give me any more info that someone thats never played an online RPG like that might find useful...
  2. Rycove Jedi Knight

star 1
    I may have gotten us 2 or 3 members who understand RPG. Hopefully they can shed some light on it for us.
  3. yodahs-daddy Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I got a PM from Protege-of-Thrawn(the RPG mod)

He said I could post it. :)

Hi,
    you have expressed an interest in the Role Playing Forum, so I thought I'd send you this cheerio to just explain what it is "all about".

The Role Playing Forum came about after a group of users in the Expanded Universe Community decided to open some threads where their fan clubs (the Imperial Navy Club, the Rebel Alliance etc) could fight it out in a sort of mock simming role play.

The style caught on quick, and threatened to overwhelm the humble EUC. So the Mods quickly panicked and banned it, causing an uproar among the fans.

Thereafter a petition was begun by the users who enjoyed the role play to have their own forum. Over 46 users signed the petition and the forum was made, with DarthAttorney volunteering to moderate what was, new territory for the JC.

The game blossomed, notably due to the War of the Galaxies Role Playing Game, which involed the original group from the EUC continuing their game as usual. This, Forum is over a year and a half old, but still it is going strong, and War of the Galaxies is still going on, in it's 7th installment and chapter, War of the Galaxies VII: The Final Gambit.

But other major games blossomed, as old and new RPF users grouped together to discuss new ideas and help out each other, with new ideas and plans discussed in the Role Playing Community Centre. New games were helped to attract users they needed by advertising their RPGs in the fun thread, the RPF Introduction Service.

As with all great forums, many users come for curiousity, but they stay for the social thread. Lord Bane and SpiderDevil - then both prominent users of the JC and Mods to boot - sauntered in early and set a monopoly on the Bar and Grille franchise they namedHooper McFinney's Bar and Grille, which has gone through many incartations since they and others left, but is still there and run by veteran users and Mods.

After DarthAttorney left to set up the Saga Forum, one of the veteran users (here is looking at you kid) Protege-of-Thrawn was summarially beaten over the head with a 2 by 4, and when he woke up had colours and was being poked by Kadue and Sape threatening to ransom his loved ones if he didn't Mod the RPF.

Afraid for his praised book collection, PoT readily agreed beginning a reign of terror and insanity in the RPF. Now Users are encouraged to excel in their RPGing with the RPF Awards as voted by peers, awarding VIP status to the best RPer and the best GM of a given time period.

Now, the RPF is open to all comers. PoT has recently allowed the strict use of non-SW RPGs heralding a new era and burst of energy in the forum, and a new custom banner is on the way.

New Users are invited to read the Rules, Regulations and Reforms of the RPF thread so they know the specific rules that apply to the RPF as a whole.

I hope you come visit us again, and enjoy your stay in the RPF,

Kindest Regards,

Kane, RPF Manager.

Hope that is good information.
  4. Jedi Dante Ky Jedi Master

star 1
    Would anyone be willing to run some Star Wars RPG?? I can get a copy of the core rules and I know some people that might join the group or at least come play.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.