main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA RRS January Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Dec 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Steph,

How are we looking for the January Meeting on Saturday the 8th, 9:30 AM @ Denny's? :confused:

First coffee is on me! [face_coffee]

Rob..
    :-B

2. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    My weekends this month just went to bantha poodoo! :_|

I'm moving to a 3-Bedroom & my move date was just moved up to the 15th. I'll be pretty locked up through then. [face_tired]

Not sure if everyone is still recovering from the Holiday Parties, but where does everyone stand on our 'rebirth meeting'? [face_thinking]

Steph,

I was re-reading the posts & it looks like it was just about 3 & then some guests from the other FFs. Is that correct? Should we re-schedule to gain more attendance?

Rob..

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Sorry for the lack of updates here, but I was on vacation in North Carolina for the past week and had limited internet access.

Anyway, this Saturday wouldn't have worked out for me anyway. Not sure if Saturday mornings would do for a while. They just changed my schedule around at work and I'm now working the opening 6:30-11:30 shift. I'll look into the 15th. I'm not quite sure what's up for that day yet.

As for members - that's how it has been for the past couple of months. But before that, we have had quite a few members coming and going. Not quite sure what happened to all of them, but I can try and see what I can dig up.

Reckless_Corellian likes this.
  4. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I would be glad to attend a meeting but lazy me has yet to get my drivers license so it would be up to my parents if I could ever come up your way for a meeting. But I am so diehard sw nowadays that I just want to attend anything I can.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I know what you mean, Pete. This definitely is the time to be a Star Wars fan. Have you seen the new Vanity Fair cover? When I saw that thing, my jaw literally dropped. It was really nice to see everyone expanding across the entire Saga together in one picture.

As for the driver's license...I know how that is. I didn't get mine till this past summer. [face_blush]

6. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    I hadn't seen the cover until you mentioned it, than I had to go search for it quickly. Yes it looks great, just one more thing on my list to read when it comes out Jan 11th. Boy do I have a lot to read now.....does it ever end? I hope not!

7. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    DARN! I was looking forward to this meeting this Saturday. I guess I'll try to use the time to get my workbench cleaned up so that I can get seriously get working on my TIE costume.

Steph, how's your TIE costume coming along. I think I just found the boots I am needing and for a pretty decent price! The armor is the last main thing I am missing after the boots.

8. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, I chucked my bus-driving job (hellhole that it was) and got in with the New Hope & Ivyland Railroad, so I finally have steady off days. :D Those days are Sunday-Tuesday-Wednesday, at least till spring when the tourist season picks up and I'll be busting my back on the engines again. Sooo...any of those three days might work.

9. DarthJacen

DarthJacen Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2004
    Any other plans then for a meeting date this month? Seems like there are a couple of us who are interested :)

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, as it stands right now it appears that a breakfast meeting may not work out. Perhaps we should hold it in the afternoon or evening sometime. Anyone up for going to Borders/Barnes and Noble or maybe a movie?

11. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Steph,

How about Sunday, the 30th, 8:00 PM @ Borders? [face_thinking]

It's all about coffee, with me, lol =P~ [face_coffee]

Sunday Nights I have to work at 10:00 PM, so i could keep that date pretty regular once a month..

Rob

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...that doesn't sound half bad. As of right now, I'm all for that. :)

13. xavierrr01

xavierrr01 Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2004
    yeah the 30th is good for me or when ever let me know.im down.

14. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Sounds okay...thing is, I'll have to bounce early. Gotta be up at 6:00 AM to commute to New Hope. [face_plain] Do we have a breakup time in mind? (Incidentally, where's the Borders in question?)

15. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I have to work at 10:00 PM that night, but I work right down the street from Borders. :_|

How long do you think is good for a Meeting? [face_thinking]

Steph,

I'll let you answer that as you take a look at the agends, lol.. :D

Rob..

16. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Ok... [face_thinking]

Agenda Topic #1. How can we be like this guy? :confused:

http://www.komotv.com/news/story.asp?id=34678

Whoa!

Man, I thought I was excited!! [face_dancing]

Rob

17. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Whats the word, Steph? :confused:

Is it Coffee & a Star Wars FF Meeting on the 30th? [face_coffee]

Rob

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, it seems that Sunday evening presents a problem for some people so, how about having it earlier in the day sometime? Perhaps around 2 or 3? I'm still aiming for the same date and place, though.

As for agenda, there are a few things to be discussed such as Celebration III plans(if any of us are going), ROTS plans, possible name change(this has been brought to my attention in the past), advertising/expanding our borders and maybe some things about t-shirts and stuff like that. Other than that, the rest of the time is free for us to just talk and discuss whatever. ;)

19. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I could probably do 3:00 That day. But later would work better. How about 5:00? [face_thinking]

Btw, I like the name. Adds distinction.

Steph,

Great Portrait of Han! I'll have to convince you of doing a pic of my daughter as a jedi (huge 'fan-in-training') :D

20. Jaren_Valnor

Jaren_Valnor Jedi Master star 2

Sep 19, 2004
    The earlier, the better, since I have school in the morning in Tamaqua and gotta be home by 10.

P.S.: My parents and little brother aren't RRS members, but plan on it soon. Would they be able to attend? Also, I need directions to the meeting place.

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Great Portrait of Han! I'll have to convince you of doing a pic of my daughter as a jedi

Aww, thanks! I really appreciate it! Oh, and I'd be happy to do a portrait of your daughter. Just say the word. ;)

As for doing the meeting around 5 - that may be a plan. That may be a little too close to dinner, but I should be alright. ;)

J. Valnor, your parents and brother are more than welcome to come to the meeting. Afterall, the more people, the merrier. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.