main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA RRS New Year Resolutions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    First and foremost: Happy New Year everyone! I hope nobody got too drunk. :p

Anyway, I figured I would start this thread to get some motivation back into this place. As some of the older members know, 2003 wasn't a very good year and things appeared very slow for our group. So, what I'm going to do to improve things for 2004 is make a list of things that I (being a CR) would like to see come about for RRS.

-Advertising --> I don't know about you, but I would really like to get ourselves known to the public. A few ideas for flyers have been mentioned in the past, and I think it's time to uncover those old threads and get some ideas flowing.

-The RRS Website --> This also falls under the advertising category, but instead of showing off in the area, this would be for the internet. This is Crazed_Ewok's stomping grounds and I would let him update everyone if necessary. I will also blow the dust bunnies off this thread to kick up discussion.

-Meetings --> This is a biggie. We have not had a true meeting since mid June and since we have had new members join, I think it would be nice to get everyone together in the upcoming weeks. I also want to throw out the idea of setting a date each month in which we would hold meetings.

-T-Shirts, Icons and Banner --> Not too much of a big deal, but it would also be nice for advertising purposes. Once again, there are old threads with designs in them and I will try to dig them up.

That's all I have on my mind at the moment. If you wish to add anything else to this list, please feel free to do so.

So...thoughts?

2. Seph_Terien

Seph_Terien Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2001
    Good ideas. I like the clothing way of advertising. It would certainly turn heads and make people ask questions, and surely bring new members.

The site for my book will be up by the end of February. I'm in the final stages of rewview and approval for the work that has thus far been completed. I can certainly link to our RRS page with a banner or something of the sort. One way of free advertising for the club at least.

I'm all for whatever. Just say the word and I'll gladly pich in to help any way that I can.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, I also liked the original idea of getting t-shirts. I made a thread about it in the past, but no one seemed interested. But now it seems that it may be a good idea. Maybe it's time that we can start throwing around ideas for designs.

As for the website: That would be awesome if you could do that. The only thing is that we need a site first. Chris (Crazed_Ewok)has been struggling with this for a few months now. I have to ask him if he can try to get something together by February.

4. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    -Advertising --> Yeah, I agree...there are plenty of local restaurants around here where we could just hang flyers up for no charge, AFAIK. That'd be a very good idea linking to the RRS site, Seph, thanks alot :D

-The RRS Website --> The site is under alot of turmoil lately. I want to do it, but I haven't had much of a motivation seeing as we haven't had a meeting for awhile. I also need a banner from Han to get started. Once that's there, everything ought to fall into place, and there's also the problem of a provider...I don't know about you, but I'm not willing to pay for web space, so it's gonna have to be something like brinkster or something for now.

-Meetings --> I don't like the idea of getting a set date each month, that could cause alot of problems. Some people won't be able to make it, and with the few members we have, that's not very good. I don't see any other choice then having to make a different date for each month...once we have enough members, we can try to have an additional set date, but not before. We don't have enough people to try that with yet.

-T-Shirts, Icons and Banner --> Well, we've had some problems with T-Shirts in the past (I told you we should've got white shirts, Han :p), but I'd be open to try them out again. As for icons, I'm starting to get into graphics design and such, and I'd be willing to help out. Same with the banner.

That's my two cents.

5. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I have the banner under construction, Crazed, so look for that soon.

As for the t-shirts, I just want to throw around ideas for graphics and lettering for the moment and see what we can come up with.

And finally, the icon and banner. I already have designs for them. I have to re-host the banner, but the icon can be found here (it can be found under "Used on the JC" in the third row...it's the one in the middle) along with the rest of my icons here on the JC.

6. Seph_Terien

Seph_Terien Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2001
    Ok, here goes my two credits into the droid's pay slot...

As I've mentioned I've written a SW novel with a co-author from Australia. I spoke with him and then the legal powers that be, and as of this Tuesday morning, all is going to be ok. Now what I mean by that is, in the very near future there will be a web site released to promote not only the book, but several other aspects of the story my co-author and I have created in the SW Universe. Since I belong to this club, I have permission to host the RRS fan club web site.

While I can't reveal the URL just yet, here is an idea of what it will be...

www.somethingsomethingsomething.com/RRS

or whatever name you choose to use for the link...

The web site is expected to be live around the end of February, and as we get closer to the time of debut, I will let everyone know.

What will this cost the club? - Nothing... Yes Ladies and Gentlemen, that's correct, it will be absolutely FREE. The only thing you will need to do is make sure the content on the RRS pages remains fresh for the public. There will be a direct link to it from the main page as well, so visitors will be surfing through site.

So Ewok, get cracking on those pages.

I support Solo's idea about t-shirts, and would like to see clothing as a way to promote the club. Reading is a big city, and though our numbers are small, it definately a way to spark interest.

See you round the galaxy...

7. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I can't express how grateful I am for you doing this. We have been struggling with the site for a couple of months and now a solution has presented itself. Thank you so much! :D

As for the t-shirts, if anyone has artistic skill, please feel free to start making up some designs. I know I will be. ;)

8. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    Great news, Seph! :D I'll get started on it right away :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.