main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania RSA-type person

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shara_82, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Except Hawk, that as only a moderator and not a manager, you can't do pretty much any of the stuff you listed in there at the moment.

Plus it isn't exactly like it is something that does require a large amount of time and effort to do also.

But overall, meh.

2. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Could answer that dingo, but can't be bothered.

However if this is the best drama we can come up with, we'll lose the 'Drama of the Year' competition quite badly.

3. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    If we lose it, does it mean that we'll have to listen to the Americans gloating about them winning it for another year?

4. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    I think a game where everyone ends up with colours is very Australian and, as such, almost required in this forum

This is so unbelievable true as to be imperative. Nathan, I can and will organise a kidnapping if you do not bend to our collective will.

Don't think James, Lachie and I wont do it. ;)

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh come on, I gave such good bait with the whole "Wisegate 2.0"...

Oh well.

In a hitherto unprecedented move, I must echo the comments of DA and ask, no, demand a satisfactory explanation as to why this promotion was necessary!

Furthermore, in the interests of good "teh drama!!1!", I would demand to know why others weren't considered for the job when clearly, there is a conflict of interest involving teh Shara and teh Hawk!!!

For no practical reason, I leave you with the final devastating blow of my teh drama piece;

[image=http://www.ertom.com.pl/futurama/obrazki/ZoidbergDesk.jpg]

ZOIDBERG!!!

I await your response.

E_S

6. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Welcome back, Hawk. Now go ban Marvin.

7. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Ouch, Ender.

I mean...the first two points I can counter. But that last one? That's just...wow. How could I have been so wrong about everything? It shames me to think.

Watch your behaviour, folks. This has really hit home that everything you do has consequences. And if that's not enough, remember...Zoidberg is watching you.

8. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    "I mean...the first two points I can counter."

Can...but won't.

Chewbacca is a Wookiee.
    Wookiees come from Kashyyk.

Look at the monkey!

9. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Can and have, earlier in the thread.

Sorry Brett, you ain't gonna get me to say anything other than the truth:

It takes time.

I don't have the time to do RSA and GSA.

Hawk agreed to come back.

Hence, this solution was implemented.

I apologise for the lack of drama, conspiracy and all other stuff that would have happened if this were a JC promotion. But it's not, so there's no need to worry. :)

10. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    "Hawk agreed to come back."

No offense meant here but was anyone else considered beside your RL boyfriend who'd been previously removed by the site owners for not providing his RL name and address? Because y'know, it's one thing to rile up against the people in charge as you generally do, those who bend rules without being called on it, but it's another to expect the population to clap and cheer when you bend them to breaking point yourself ;)

And saying there's no drama does not make it so.
    Several of us are working hard here! [face_laugh]

11. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    You're right, B - asking an experienced RSA to come back now that he's willing to provide his address is an absolute crime. How terrible of me.

Next time I'll promote someone who's oft expressed their hatred for all things FF and would rather gut themselves than appear at a decent FF meet. :)

12. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Or how about someone who is willing to learn, and hasn't mentioned a thing against said FF, shara?

13. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Hey, if Hawk wasn't willing to come back, that's where I would have headed.

However since asking someone experienced to return if they're interested generally isn't frowned upon, I chose that option.

14. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Incidentally, Shara and I didn't even know each other very well when I was first promoted, and she's explained why she decided to promote me again, so I don't really see much conflict of interest.

15. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I'm not saying the choice as either good nor bad, I'm just saying weigh up the options.

choice is made, so lets just drop it now and get on with it, shall we

16. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    "How terrible of me."

You're sight, you have my utmost sympathy and respect for promoting your boyfriend, previously demoted by site owners, to the total exclusion of dozens of other quality members in the entire region. Did you mention this in the Old Folks Home, beyond saying "I can't take the strain of the weekly edit of my regional forums, I'm promoting an ex-RSA to handle it in future"? Did anyone else in your FF organisation even know about this promotion before you posted the welcome thread?

Either way, I think you know it's bent as hell so if you want to stick with it, you really don't have a leg to stand on when another mod tries to pull a dodgy move.

".....I don't really see much conflict of interest"

But you certainly see some conflict of interest.
    Too funny ;)

17. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    *shrugs*

If you want to complain, complain - but as Kart said, the decision is made, the best I can do is take this into consideration next time.

Edit:

Did anyone else in your FF organisation even know about this promotion before you posted the welcome thread?

Actually yes - as per usually opinions were sought for I think close to a week? before the final decision was made. :)

18. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Only because you made it! [face_laugh]

It's in your power as "Supreme Chancellor & Community Relations GSA" (bang up job on the 2nd half of the job description btw ;) ) to fix it but, well, I don't see that happening so I guess the Oceania region will have to live with it. Because that's the way you wanted and you get what you want.

"....as per usually opinions were sought for I think close to a week?"

And they were all cool with it?
    Nobody had any problem with it whatsoever?

19. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    I can honestly say that not a single one of them said anything negative about it at all.

I'm sure you have ways to check that if you wish.

20. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    hey, here's an idea for you DA. How about asking someone else those questions, huh? maybe then you'll get what you are looking for, whatever that may be.

21. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Choosing a mod doesn't involve making sure that everyone gets their turn at being one, a fact I'm sure you remember. You choose the person who's best suited for the job. For whatever reason, Shara thought that it was me the first time around, and since the reason for my demotion is no longer an issue, she asked me to come back and I accepted. WITH the universal approval of the mods and admins in the Old Folk's Home. That's all there is to it.

22. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    "I'm sure you have ways to check that if you wish"

I generally don't waste my time with the Old Folks Home ;)

"How about asking someone else those questions..."

But Mel here is the top of the FF food chain Kart.
    There is really is nobody else to go to.
    Whether that makes this better or worse, I'm entirely sure.

23. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Hey, I've answered. I've answered quite a few times.

You're obviously looking for an answer I don't have, so maybe Kart's suggestion is the best one. And if not, maybe you'll just need to accept what I've said. :)

24. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I'm only seeing one person with a major gripe here, perhaps he can take it to PMs and stop looking like a crying baby who's had his lolly taken?

In any event, I have no probs with Hawk as RSA, the personal relationship he shares is of no issue, if he can do the job, and from the job he did last time, I honestly don't see the problem.

Oh well, at least he got his DRAHMA!!1!

25. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Um, I'm not actually waiting for any answers.
    It's all spelled out clear as day.

You invited Hawk to come back and moderate the Oceania region because the workload here was too much. Sure, we all get it.

But I don't believe you, I think you promoted him because he's your RL boyfriend and it's an easy way for you to get some help in mod circles while not really heaping any extra work on him, something those other mods in your private forum don't realise. As such, I'm going to call you a hypocrit every time you complain about mods doing dodgy things in the future.

Who said there was no room for drama in Oceania? ;)

"In any event, I have no probs with Hawk as RSA..."

And the main thing is you have Sith Magician's blessing, so you can be sure you won't wake up with a pen stuck in your ear when you spank him for baiting and flaming me just now ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.