main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania RSA-type person

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shara_82, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Wow, I've never seen anything that off the mark the entire time I've been posting here. That's great, B, seriously. :)

Sounds more like your reaction to a situation rather than mine, but if it works for you. [face_laugh]

Edit: As to the part I didn't see before I posted, I tend to take things like that to PM. As I have with this. :)

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Oh cool it DA, I was just saying I don't see any real problem, the stuff that happens behind the scenes really doesn't effect what we see here if the job's done properly does it?

If I'm guessing right that you're upset it wasn't you being given shiny colours, You've proven your unsuitability for such a thing all through this thread.

3. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    [face_laugh]

And as usual, you're as on tagret as a V2 rocket. SM, I wouldn't touch promotion at TFn with a barge pole covered in Glad Wrap. On top of which, I couldn't if I were offered because I run another spoilers website which is verboten for TFn mods. Added to the fact that I'm not willing to give up my personal details on principle.

So no, if I'm busting balls in here it's cause I'm bored and mf.com is slow atm. I've agreed multiple times in this thread that Hawk will be a fine mod for the forum. If I disagree with anything, it's the reasons offered for the promotion in the first place and the fact that (IMO) the collective intelligence of regulars in this region is being insulted. Not because I want to regress 2yrs ;)

4. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    So you're just causing all this fuss because you're bored?

Trolling. Is it not?

5. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    What causing a fuss?
    The thread is about creating drama surrounding the promotion here, you might want to read the earlier pages of the thread before you step in on behalf of....I dunno....whoever it is you feel is being aggrieved here.

I think you're taking this all a little too seriously. Which is unusual for you. I'm still unbanned, nobody has mentioned any warnings or expressions of hurt feelings via PM or IM. So really, as with with that classic example of the MS April Fools joke of a few years back, I think you're mistaking a joke for something more serious.

Not that this thread was even about me to begin with if that's what you want to change the topic to then go ahead.

6. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I'm not on behalf of anyone, i really just don't see the problem, and I also don't see you not being serious.

Maybe it's just because you're not funny.

And I don't think you'll get banned, nor did I think it was a possibility, you know the rules and I've seen you work them to the limit without actually breaking them, you're just as good at that as you're accusing Shara of being.

As I've said before, I was just saying I don't get the problem, if there was one, if this is indeed a whole parody thread, and you're just being comical, can you please make it clearer in future, because in order for humour to be taken as it's intended, it should actually be funny.

7. Nelson-Muntz

Nelson-Muntz Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2002
  8. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    I'm sorry you don't understand the concepts of sarcasm or irony and I'm especially sorry you're not familiar with reading entire threads without posting.

If you did, we probably could have avoided the need for you to post in here at all.

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, noone else seems to be understanding your version of humour either. So I hardly feel as if I've missed anything.

Unless of course you've wanted ppl to laugh at you for being a pathetic drama queen, in that case, I got the joke, as lame as it was.

10. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    this just keeps getting better and better.

there is a point to be had here though (believe it or not). though we may not be serious in what we say (hence the use of smilies), it is easy to take it out of context since the true meaning of it all is lost. i know there have been others that have had the same thing happen before.

anyway ... meh :p

11. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    yeah I agree, context on a message board is sometimes not as clear cut as the poster intends, it's a little like someone not realisingthe difference between being laughed with or laughed at.

12. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Unless of course you've wanted ppl to laugh at you for being a pathetic drama queen....."

[face_laugh]

Oh man, that's golden! I'm just going to repost that for my own satisfaction (maybe my humour is too highbrow or lowbrow or middlebrow or obsucure or absurdist or nihilist or something SM isn't getting cause I think that's the funniest thing I've seen him post since removed: personal info and accusations aren't wanted here)

"Unless of course you've wanted ppl to laugh at you for being a pathetic drama queen...."

I'm loving how this thread has turned to spotlighting me. Obviously I'm the "pathetic drama queen" that's taking it all too seriously and trolling for negative response by taking threads off-topic and targeting other users for hostility, the one that's mad at the world because I wasn't repromoted to handle a forum that didn't need moderating in the first place.

Isn't it a principle of psychology that the problems we see in others are the one's we fail to recognise in ourselves?

13. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Removed by request

14. DarthAttorney

Nov 8, 2000
    Nobody's having a go at you, I think we can let go our persecution complexes now ;)

I just said it was funnier than the time you threatened to kill that guy (I can't even remember dude's name), I mentioned it in context as being the last funny thing I remember you posting as a benchmark. Because hey.....you know comedy SM!

15. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    And you know drama.
    You can say you posted what you did for whatever reason you claim. But it's fairly obvious that you're just trolling for a reaction.

Making false accusatory claims of death threats isn't the way to do it.

That all you got? You can do better, I know you can.

16. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Alright, I think this thread has served its purpose, it's not going to do much more good staying open. Laziness aside, I don't want to have to give anyone a holiday, so play nice from now on, mkay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.