main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RU-R2? The Droid Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by tjace, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG-136_Aurora

IG-136_Aurora Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2009
    Right, I would like to join this rebellion of yours, as long as it doesn't apply to battle droids, I hate B1 battle droids...

2. docking_bay94

docking_bay94 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 26, 2008
    aw, b1s are awesome!!! [face_laugh]

3. IG-136_Aurora

IG-136_Aurora Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2009
    You think the most incompetent disgraces to droid-kind are awesome?

Obviously you've never had to fight alongside them...

4. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    They are kinda funny though. But why would an Assassin droid fight next to one of them?

5. Vixen_Fett

Vixen_Fett Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2010
    I used to be a fan of 3PO, but the prequels ruined him for me with the stupid puns and lame backstory.

6. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    What, now he's Luke's half-brother! [face_laugh]

7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Well, even though serving beverages to greedy politicians at Padme's may seem quite lame, it kind of is exactly what 3PO wanted from life in the first place. A peaceful living, a bit posh, surrounded with beings with manners, opportunities to use his 6 million forms of communication etc. In times of OT however, he is dragged into war and conflicts, everyday life-or-death situations, risking his head (or should I say CPU) surrounded by individuals who hardly give a damn what he thinks, have absolutely no understanding of protocol and act quite irrationally more often than not. So even though 3PO's place in the PT seems much less exciting, it was in a way, "his moment to shine". :)

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Threepio's not a warrior. He prefers to talk things out and for everyone to be nice. Han berating him because he's not into shooting first and ignoring questions can irk me quite a bit.

9. docking_bay94

Jul 26, 2008
    exactly! all im saying is that B1's make for good comedy acts.

Back-sotry is essential for any character, no matter how lame that back-story may seem at the time. without his experiences in the PT, 3PO couldnt possibly have been the shiny god of Ewok theology, now could he?

10. docking_bay94

Jul 26, 2008
    Everybody seems to be gone again...

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Sorry, a bit of spammed topics there buried the thread.

I wonder what SW droids would think of...

1. Transformers.

2. Data from Star Trek: TNG.

12. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I don't know much about Transformers besides the recent movies, and practically nothing about ST, so I won't be much help. However...

1. I think 3PO would love the "transformers code" (the frequency thingy that hacked the Dept of Defense) and the language they speak in (the symbols). R2 would not be too impressed, as they are nothing compared to the perfection that is him. As for most droids, I think it would be interesting if their relationship with the Transformers was somewhat similar to the Geth and the Reapers from Mass Effect.

2. Data, meet Lobot. If I understand correctly, he is a cyborg of the same type, right? So, to understand what they think of him, basically just insert Data into Lobot's spot in the Telkjon Vagabond arc of the Black Fleet Crisis.

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Well...

Artoo is an amoeba compared to transformers. They're so far beyond him it's going from not funny into surreal. He's a tin can with legs.

As for Data, no. He's not a cyborg. He's an android. An android more advanced than most SW droids. With full rights in the Federation.

14. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    re: R2; well, they probably are that much better than him, I was just saying what he would think, and his intelligence at any rate I think would match up pretty well to some Transformers.

re: Data; So, are you saying Data's more like Guri from Shadows of the Empire than he is like Lobot? (as in, a droid with organic accessories as opposed to the other way around)

Like I said, I'm pretty ignorant concerning both franchises, so I'm working off vague impressions rather than actual facts.

15. docking_bay94

Jul 26, 2008
    either way you put it, it sounds a lot like Bionicles! jk, Bionicles have their own special category of organics/robotics.

side note: transformers vs. gundams. who wins? thoughts please...

16. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Heh, I know you don't read current EU (right?) but there's a pretty awesome scene in Backlash where Threepio comes to Allana's rescue while she's fighting a badguy mechanic who stole Artoo, right as she's being beaten up (yeah, he's no Sith, but pretty evil still). Anyway, Threepio challenges him to a duel, saying that he's downloading some super-advanced martial arts combat software. Turned out it was a bluff (there was no such download occurring) but the whole thing was a distraction anyway for a secret transmission that reactivated Artoo, who proceeded to end the fight in short order with his awesome arcwelder skillz. Crowning moment of awesome.

17. docking_bay94

Jul 26, 2008
    wow. hmm, i should start reading some of these newer EU books again...

18. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    I would LOVE to see R2 with Bumblebee. I think that would be absolute hilarity, haha.

19. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I don't think Artoo would like bumblebee. He hangs out with Threepio. So I doubt he would enjoy hanging out with someone who is less intelligent, and rivals his sense of humor. Even the Artoo is way funnier in my opinion.

20. Jackrack

Jackrack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2008
    Hello Fellow Droid Fans!!! It's been a while since I've been here. I've been really busy with RL. So what's going on?

21. docking_bay94

Jul 26, 2008
    Hello, Jackrack! We're discussing possible interactions between droids and transformers.

22. Jackrack

Jackrack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2008
    Hmmm that's interesting. I never thought about that

23. docking_bay94

Jul 26, 2008
    yes, i hadn't before either. interesting theories abound.

24. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Huh, sounds pretty cool. Decided to go on and spoil myself as I've stopped reading FOTJ, but if things get actiony with the awesome droid duo and Allana, I think I'll get Blacklash after all.
    Would you recommend it?

25. docking_bay94

Jul 26, 2008
    ok, so... new topic, anyone? let's not let the thread die!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.