main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rubie's Robe

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by GrayRacer, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayRacer

GrayRacer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    I've seen the packaging of the new Rubie's adult Jedi robe.

I think I might need a cheap one just for the hell of it. Does anyone have any experience or seen them?

The hood looks craptacular.

2. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    A Costume Shop I visited to "order" some Rubies Props commented that the fabric used is kinda thin and not that value for money (in our currency). Just her 0.02.

3. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    In my experience the Rubies robes are too thin and do not wrap around very well (wont give you that Full robe look) It's cut like a long lab coat.

4. GrayRacer

Jun 14, 2002
    Yea, in the pics ive seen if you look close enough you can kinda see through the robe. Same goes for the Dooku cape.

Why cant LFL just get some good company to make the costumes? Even if they are somewhat steep people will pay for quality.

5. Paradoxigirl

Paradoxigirl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    Darth_Eagle: I left a message in your guestbook, I don't know if you've got it, but would you mind telling me which costume shop and where it is? Either that or could you e-mail me at terriblethree@hotmail.com? Much appreciated.

6. JediDrew

JediDrew Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2002
    just today i received a rubies robe in the mail that i bought on ebay...let me tell you an interested story...

The ebay auction i bidded on had a really good quality robe (for those of you who want to look it up its ebay item number 1745133188 ) it looked like really good quality, the material was really think and it was really long...it was the perfect robe for me...it costs 40.00 which i thought was what a high quality robe costs...well...i send the money and a week later i got a rubies robe...I WAS devastated...nowhere on the ebay auction did this guy say it was a rubies robe, and noway does the picture look like its a rubies robe...the guy even says his robe has a hidden tie...and the ribies robes i got does not have a hidden tie.

I'm not saying the rubies robe SUCKS...i mean, its a good robe if you were buying it cheap...but i spent 40.00 bucks for this thing...it is not worth 40.00...if i were to buy this robe for 15 or 20 i would we happy...but the robe is not worth the 40 i paid for a high quality robe.

7. GrayRacer

Jun 14, 2002
    Dude, that blows.

8. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    JediDrew, the picture shown IS that of the Rubies Robe. It's from either the catalog or packaging and as with most Rubies costumes, the one you don't get looks better! :(

Anyway, just keep note that any costumes that're officially licensed by LFL is Rubies.

Anyhow, you're lucky not to pay $100+++ for a Rubies Costume. There is a scammer at eBay who is passing off Rubies Costumes (Amidala Theed Gown & Jedi Outer Robe) for good replicas and at one point, even tried to pass off a 12" Clone Trooper for a set of Lifesize Clone Trooper Armor!

9. JediDrew

Jun 9, 2002
    but why does the picture look like its such good quality? and why doesn't the auction say its a rubies robe.

did i get ripped off though?...is 40.00 for a rubies robe really bad deal, normal deal or actually a good deal?

10. GrayRacer

Jun 14, 2002
    I believe the retail on those is 32.99 or so.

So you didnt get ripped off...that bad.

I read the auction and this same dude has a lot more jedi robes that he puts up for sale. Everytime i go on ebay i avoid those auctions, i know which ones are the Rubies just by the title it has.

How's the hood on it? It looks awfully small, like it doesnt really go past ur forehead.

11. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    For a really good quality robe... be prepared to spend $150 or more. I had my costume custom made and total it cost me about $300 but it's tailored to fit me, not just a generic set of robes.

12. GrayRacer

Jun 14, 2002
    A whole outfit for 300! Wow, may i ask where u got it?

13. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Yeah, me too.

$30 though for the fabric for the outer robes.

Looks fantasic. So if you can sew, it'll cost 30-40 buckd CDN!

14. JediDrew

Jun 9, 2002
    the hood on the rubies robe is great....i have a HUGe head (haha) and the hood reaches over my head and down to my neck...so if you think the hood is bad, its not..,

Don't get me wrong...i'm not complaining that its a bad robe...its a great robe!!!....but its good if you don't want to pay for the expensive stuff.

I just thought i was getting the expensive stuff for cheap...and i was dissapointed...and the man with the auction mislead me to beleive this was a high quality robe...so i sent him an e-mail complaining and maybe he'll fix the problem.

15. Jamor_MilDe

Jamor_MilDe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2002
    Yeah guy, I have been doing some research, and a quality robe that is purchased (as opposed to hand made) will set you back some ducks. If you want a high quality robe, be prepared to spend around $150-200.

16. GrayRacer

Jun 14, 2002
    Does anyone have any experience with a seller named POCKETWATCHES?

They are selling the Anakin robe or Cape for 150 and it looks very awesome and somewhat heavy, but i wanted to know if any of you have any of their stuff.

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    If got US$450 to spare for a full Anakin Jedi Robe (minus the cape), there is a great seller who produce a great replica of it.

Anyhow JediDrew, theorically you had made a little bargain on the Jedi Robe cause this site listed it as US$49.99 w/o shipping. But I bet the seller bought the item on sale at much lower than the $30+ you paid.

18. JediDrew

Jun 9, 2002
    if i got ripped off for about 10.00, i really don't care about that....its a very nice robe and i reccomend it to anyone, its great.

19. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I'm rather inexperienced at costuming, but couldn't you buy two cheap rubies robes and creatively sew them together to get a nicer, thicker robe?

20. JediDrew

Jun 9, 2002
    i rather have two rubies robes than one thick ruby robes

21. Master_Byrd

Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    On Ebay, look under Everything Else/Metaphysical then search for "robe hood", search titles and descriptions. I haven't put the money into them yet, but I've found some as low as $45.00 that I'm pretty sure aren't Rubies. Then try "cloak hood", if you're looking for cheaper. Hey, Luke wore a Cloak; he didn't use sleeves. Just make sure these things aren't hexed or something. The fact that they're made for cultists kinda' freaks me out. That's why I haven't yet got one. I will one of these days, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.