main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ruins of Dantooine

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by jedi_master_ousley, Dec 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Ruins of Dantooine, the SW Galaxies tie-in novel, is being released December 30.

I don't really know anything about galaxies, so what should I expect from this? Of course I'll buy it and eventually read it, but what will it mainly consist of? What time period is it? (etc.)

And I also notice no one has really been talking about it: is this something that no one is expecting much out of?

2. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    December 30??

So I'll have to wait a little longer then...

IIRC, it will take place between ANH and ESB - but I don't know too much about it, either. Only that there will be a completely new character, but some well-known characters will make an appearance, too.

3. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Will it basically be a novel accounting what is happening on the game?

4. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    From TOS:

Already thousands of fans are exploring and interacting within the massively multiplayer online worlds of Star Wars Galaxies?, and Del Rey Books is bringing some of the adventure to readers in a format that requires no computer. Author Voronica Whitney-Robinson, working with Producer Haden Blackman from LucasArts, has penned an original full-length novel inspired by the settings and events of Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided.
    It is a time of war, when the fledgling Rebel Alliance dared to fight back against the evil oppressive Empire. A holocron secreted within the ruins of a Jedi Temple of Dantooine contains a list of crucial high-level Alliance sympathizers. This list is missing, and should it fall into the wrong hands, it could spell doom for the Rebellion.

Dusque Mistflier may say she's an Imperial bio-engineer, but in truth, she's an undercover Rebel operative. She has teamed with Alliance spy Finn Darktrin to recover the missing holocron. In their perilous quest, they receive help from the heroes of the Rebellion -- Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Princess Leia Organa. These two operatives will be tested to their limits in the Galactic Civil War, where they'll learn that the hardest part is figuring out whose side you're on... and how far you're willing to go to win.

Hope that helps. :)

5. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Ok, so it's not actually what happened on the game, but stuff that could happen. I get it. I'll pick up the book, though it won't be high on my priority list.

6. Iron_Fist

Jan 30, 2003
    Ok, so it's not actually what happened on the game, but stuff that could happen.

That's what it sounds like. Hmmm.... interesting... :)

7. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I'd be more interested if it was a retelling of stuff that already happened. That would make it a great crossover between the online game and the EU novels.

8. Iron_Fist

Jan 30, 2003
    Do you mean a retelling of stuff that's already happened within the game? Because I'm not sure whether many of the players would want to read something they already know and have played... although you never know...

9. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Yeah, a retelling of what has already happened. Sorta like writing the history books of SW Galaxies as its happening. I don't play the game, but I do think it would be interesting to know what is happening in it. And not all the people who play it will read the book, and not all who read the book will play it. I think it'd be worth it to give something like that a try.

10. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    You mean like a novel of the game from a character's perspective? Because IIRC, there are plenty of different plot paths, being a MMORPG ... one character couldn't cover them all.

That would be cool, though.

11. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I picked this up at my bookstore today. They had it on the shelves early so I decided to go ahead and get it. It looks pretty short, plus the print is pretty big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.