main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rukh

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Let's talk about Thrawn body guard!

2. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    An unexpected surprise! It's nice to see a named bodyguard on Thrawn's side. Fingers crossed that we see Captain Pellaeon in Rebels or some other media at some point.

Padme501st likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't know. Am curious if they make Rukh and his people kill Thrawn in the end. Will the character do a heroic flip. He will be portrayed by a capable actor, the design and movements, the creature looks interesting so thats a plus but again its Rebels.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Wicket will kill Thrawn.

5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    never read any Legends, I'm more excited that he's voiced by Warwick. Always nice to see more of him in SW.

6. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Its weird that having a bodyguard actually decreases Thrawns life expectancy. :p

Anyways, i fully expect Rukh to kill Thrawn and for it to be so artfully done, but not in rebels, with rebels ending in S4 and a new show almost certainly on the way, a certain Grand Admiral would make an excellent post RotJ main antagonist.

7. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Consider the what is implied in the
    epilogue in the Thrawn novel
    Rukh just might do what he does.

8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Perfect!

9. TheMechanical0ne

TheMechanical0ne Jedi Master star 1

Aug 24, 2014
    I'll be perfectly honest, I thought that Rukh was a some sort of weird, grey phindian when I first saw the trailer. :p

10. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    At first I thought that Rukh is a good guy because he fights Scout Troopers [face_laugh]. I guess one of them is Ezra and idk who the other one is.

Vialco and TheMechanical0ne like this.
  11. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    My thinking, too. Although it would make Eli's reflections in that epilogue a bit of a dud...

About the galaxy having Thrawn's legacy and accomplishments, and that those who can learn from them have presumably already done so.

What accomplishments? He is just one more fleet commander among many.

Was it confirmed Rukh comes back as Thrawn's bodyguard? Why would he need one anyway?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

12. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    More like an assassin from what I can tell.

13. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    In the Thrawn trilogy they were many things....bodyguards for Thrawn, special forces teams, and assassins.

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe bodyguard detail is something they have to earn - only the best being promoted to bodyguard - and Rukh's arc in this season will be "how he becomes Thrawn's bodyguard".

MandaloreRex2015 and revan772 like this.
  15. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    I can already hear loads of Thrawn fans shouting at their TVs: "He's behind you!". ;-)
    (UK joke...)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

16. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I think Rukh's inclusion does mean that Thrawn inevitably will die at some point, but considering how smaller and focused Season 4 is going to be, it wouldn't surprise me if his role this season is just to be established as Thrawn's bodyguard as a set for the eventual assassination in the next series.

17. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I wonder if Rukh was in Thrawn's employ before Season 3? He was the name for a password which might have just started as an Easter Egg that now they can retcon and say was forshadowing.

Maybe he was assigned some other top secret mission by Thrawn and as a result was sent away. Now Thrawn brings him back for extra protection and backup as he takes into the consideration the Bendu's warning which he is probably still analysing and trying to figure out.

While Thrawn wouldn't show it he would be paranoid about a possible defeat and if there's a way to stop it before it happens he will find it and being analytical and logical he'll try and figure it out in every possible way. But sometimes you're hit with the unexpected which even then he tries to prepare for. The Rebels will sometimes come up with these plans that they think "Oh he'll never see this one coming" but then Thrawn does. He uses this himself but they can't see it coming like he does so that's why they get beaten until eventually he's outsmarted because you can't win everything. His manoeuvre from Heir to the Empire which they used in Clone Wars is basic but that's why they wouldn't expect it because it's so easy you wouldn't think of it at first and to use it so nobody expects it.

But back to Rukh it's nice to see him canonised again along with his species. What happened to them (if anything has maybe there's more of them maybe they weren't damaged in some way) and whether he'll murder Thrawn who knows we'll just have to wait and see (but recreating that death and having Lars Mikkelsen do that famous line would be tempting) and it's good to see Warwick finally getting his animated role he was promised all those years ago. Probably going to channel his more evil performances he's done over the years like Nikabrik and the Leprechaun. But even then despite being unlimited with animation I like how he's still casted someone who is small but more agile and lean than what Warwick would be used to playing in live action.

So who knows what the future holds for him and Thrawn. Season 4 should definitely be an interesting and hopefully great final season.

18. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The Noghri has been redesigned considerably for Rebels/canon:

[​IMG]

19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    He looked a bit taller than they were in Legends.

Given how varied their depictions were though - the redesign didn't have to change much.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

just removing the sticking-out teeth (which weren't always present in depictions) and the two head ridges.

20. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    He still looks like a Space!Orc

Vialco likes this.
  21. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I am so happy and so scared at the same time lol.

Padme501st likes this.
  22. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

He should've been serving Count Dooku, not Thrawn.

23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    "You do not know pain, you do not know fear. You will taste Clone-flesh!"

24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like they squashed Moralo Eval's head in a vice and got Rukh.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if the poisoning of Honoghr and Vader's control of the Noghri will be canonized.