main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rules and Regs for Lines

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Activities' started by DarthJurist, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I'm starting to work on the rules that our club will post when the line starts and that we will hand out to anyone that gets in line at the same theater. I'd love to chat with other organizers to see how ours match up and to get some input. Off the top of my head some of the regs would be:

No drinking.
    No drugs.
    Clean up after yourself.
    Do not block the sidewalk or entrances to businesses.
    No one under 18 is allowed to stay overnight without a parent or guardian.
    No commercial sales.
    All people standing in line are advised that CF may contact theater management or the local authorities if we believe that illegal or questionable behavior is taking place.

More to come, but it is late. Also, the rules will be presented in a much more chipper and reader-friendly format.

Understand that we don't expect to have to enforce these, and in fact we have no real authority over people other than peer pressure.

Thoughts/ comments?

2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Just a thought here, but you might have better luck enforcing the rules (guidelines?) if you get the theatre's approval of them first (they may even want to add a few) and then with their permission state on the handout that these are the "official" rules approved by the theatre.

You're right in that they may be difficult to enforce, and you might even get difficult people deliberately breaking them simply to flaunt the fact that you have no real authority.

I think the idea behind it is a good one, as long as you don't end up doing the theatre's dirty work for them, and it doesn't backfire.

Good luck to you and your line-up!

- Rani

3. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    That's what we did here in Nashville, TN. We were gladly given permissin to line-up a while ago. Carmike Cinemas just requested that we send them a proposal in writing for what we have planned, and any suggestions as far as rules & regulations. Here is what I submitted to Carmike:

"We would like Carmike?s corporate office to know that we are very appreciative of your permission, cooperation and enthusiasm in helping us make this event as fun and as safe as possible.

· Recommended Fan Line Procedures & Policies
    - As of April 2, 2002 the current release date for STAR WARS EPISODE II is May 16th, 2002. Currently Lucasfilm has not given a ticket release date or show times, so we do not know exactly when the line-up for opening day will begin. However, the earliest date we can see our group lining up for opening day would be sometime on May 14th. Based upon our line-up experience for Episode I at the Hollywood 27, we would like to suggest some rules and procedures for Carmike Cinemas? consideration:

* The line-up will be outside of the Theater Entrance-
    Fans waiting in line for STAR WARS tickets or before opening day will have to stand in line outside the theater. Lining up under one of the covered walkways is permitted, so long as they do not obstruct any of the entrances/ exits to the theater. These were the same rules at the Hollywood 27. Fans were allowed to line-up under the cover of the entrance overhang, but they were not allowed to be obstruct any exits. The bathrooms in the lobby of the theater should be made available to people standing in line during normal theater operating hours. The Hollywood 27 allowed us to use their bathroom facilities during normal operating hours.
    During non-operating hours it could of course be requested that fans find alternative bathroom facilities in the neighboring Cool Springs area. However, if Carmike Cinemas would allow STAR WARS fans to use the bathroom facilities inside the front of the lobby at all times during the line-up, it would be greatly appreciated. This would also help to eliminate any incidences of people having to leave the line to seek alternate bathroom facilities with other local businesses in the Cool Springs area. People would of course not be allowed any further into the theater than the front of the lobby. Unfortunately, this would require that a security guard be present inside the front of the lobby during non- business hours. This is of course best case scenario for the fans lining-up and not necessarily for Carmike. However, we would understand if for liability reasons Carmike decided to decline this request. Another patron friendly alternative would be for Carmike Cinemas to supply a couple of port-a-potties at the side of the theater.

This event will most undoubtedly be an overnight one. For the Episode I line, many fans brought air mattresses and sleeping bags. Some even brought small cots. We have had a few inquiries about small pup-tents also. While I do not recall seeing any at the Hollywood 27, many fans in other parts of the country are being allowed to erect small tents overnight, especially if there is inclement weather. If Carmike has an issue with pup-tents, we would appreciate it if they could let us know now, so that we may spread the word.

* There should be only one line for tickets and entrance into the theater. The Thoroughbred has two main entrances on either side of the courtyard. We would like to start the line under the left covered walkway and of course behind the exit doors for emergency and fire-code reasons. The line would wind around to the left side of the building in a clock-wise direction.

* No line-cutting- Each person can hold a place in line for no more than 3 other people with the exception of immediate family. If you have to leave for a little while, it is up to each person to communicate this to the person in line behind them. If a disagreement should arise, that person who left, would have to either go to the back of the line or leave the premises. Fortunat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.