main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive [Rules from the Top]: Regarding Inter-forum Relations

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Official Statement from MS

When the subject of the cultures of the various forums come up, remember this is not an us vs. them environment. We are all one big group of boards. Discuss the forums and their respective topics, and stay away from generalizations that target a particular forum in a negative fashion. If your comment is potentially insulting to a user or a group of users, or an entire forum, just don't post it. It could lead us into waters that are better left unsailed.

Treat the users in your fellow forums with respect, even if you disagree vehemently with them. If something would be edited as a flame were it directed at a single user, it will not be allowed when directed at a forum or a group of users. There is a line between discussing the state of things in a constructive manner and just trying to be insulting to a forum or group with that opinion. Know the difference and act accordingly. This has been discussed and agreed upon by the MS as a whole.

While this is not such a huge problem in these boards, there have been some [i]rare[/i] instances where off-hand comments are made about how we dislike a certain board or whatnot. From now on, groups of users shall be functionally equivalent to individual people, and will be edited and/or banned depending on the situation.

This is a site-wide policy.

If you have a [u]question[/u] as to how this policy relates to this forum in particular, you may ask your question here.

If you have a [u]comment[/u] you would like to make about this new rule, you may post those [link=http://boards.theforce.net/communications/b10006/30171717/p1/?127]in this thread right here[/link].

Thanks! That is all! :)

-I_H

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    is this just applicable to the boards, or groups everywhere?

3. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    The wording is specific to users and forums, hence it is going to be applied to groups and forums here on these boards only.

-I_H

4. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    New rules prohibit me from saying the following.

So I don't.

5. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
  6. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    You can be as unserious as you like when pretending to be an elven space wizard on the boards. You just can't make fun of other people for doing it. ;)

7. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
  8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    *raises hand*

Just saw this today. How does this effect my ongoing entry of the Tales from the RPF City, where I describe the EUC as taking a contract out on me to stop my character competing in the RPF vs EUC Lightsabre Tournament?

Or better put, how does this effect me RP-ing an us versus them culture, in those instances?

9. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    That should be perfectly fine. The way I read it is, if you can substitute all references to the EUC for a username and it's not flaming/insulting, then it's acceptable. You don't have to tread on eggshells - you just have to treat groups of users like you would a single user, if that makes sense.

Plus it's a tournament. Some friendly rivalry should be expected. :D

10. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    *derogatory comment about the EUC, JCC, SWC and their users*

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It is not especially targeted here, guys - just at other Inter-Forum relationships. Hammer is simply being uber efficient, really. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.