Rules of Book Club

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by Preachrman007, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preachrman007 Jedi Knight

star 2
    First rule of Book Club, you do not talk about Book Club.
    Second rule of Book Club, you DO NOT talk about Book Club.
    Third rule of Book Club, when someone say "stop" or goes limp from reading the "Crystal Star", the meeting is over.
    Fourth rule of Book Club, only two guys to a book (not a rule, it's just no more than two people read the books).
    Fifth rule of Book Club, one book at a time.
    Sixth rule of Book Club, everyone wears shirts, everyone wears shoes (especially Nathan W.).
    Seventh rule of Book Club, meetings go on as long as they have to (usually about 10 minutes).
    Eighth and final rule of Book Club, if this is your first night at Book Club, you have to READ THE BOOK.
    (Adapted from the movie Fight Club, directed by David Fincher.)

As you probably all know, the time is coming up for another exciting session of Book Club. The meeting will be Tuesday, October 29th. We will again be meeting at Barnes and Noble at 6:30.

The book selection for this month, for those of you who haven't started yet, is Dark Force Rising by Timothy Zahn.

If you have any questions, please PM me. See you all next week.
  2. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    I talked to the Barnes & Noble folks and we are still on. I won't be able to be there. I have play practice that night. :(

I think I figured out the mystery of the newspaper article. I forgot that I announced our meetings on the Courier's online calendar. I had been doing this for a while now so I guess they finally noticed and had nothing better to talk about on a Tuesday evening.
  3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_laugh]

Is that all?

Hey, 'nothing better' got us one n00b...
  4. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellent rules, Preachrman007!

Actually Stackpole, we got two newbies that night...everyone talk it up & let's get some more SW fans in the mix. :)
  5. Stackpole_The_Corpse Jedi Knight

star 2
    BOO!

Okay, here's what happened.

There were five people in attendance, three of which (I think) read the book. We opened with thoughts on the book and quickly got into how this will all be disproven in May of 2003.
    We discussed pretty much all things EU, spoilers and some other stuff.

As I was leaving, I saw our book on display on the Reading Group Favorites shelf. Since they didn't have the name of the group there, I borrowed a pen and napkin and wrote it there. ;)

Next meeting (unless I'm mistaken) is Nov 26. Next GENERAL meeting is Nov 8.

Happy Hallowe'en! [face_Halloween]
  6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    We now have an official sheet-thing for our book! [face_proud]

But it was last month's book!

I'm going to inform Tom of the mix-up. We don't want any n00bs to be confuzzled, do we? :D
  7. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    Folks, you wont believe it, but I have ventered back into the world of EU.

I picked up Vector Prime from the library and have started reading it. I must say it is an easier read than AP European history or Tolkien, but it reminds me of how I don't like EU very much. I guess I kinda feel out of touch with the characters since I don't know their full backstories. At least I will have something to talk about at the book club.
  8. Taelys Jedi Knight

star 1
    Don't worry, I've read a lot of EU but I haven't read any of the YJK series. The last book I read, I think the twins were seven years old and now they're 16. If there was a continuity of characters problem, it could smack me in the face and I probably wouldn't know it.

Kind of interesting to see a sematic debate. I think the writer was an English major too!

Taelys
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.