main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Rules of Engagement - A/P AU by VaderLVR64 & Gina -- Completed, Cover art added!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Heehee...why are they wearing black? Rather Goth or rather Darth. Obi/Sabe, not surprising, but amusing nonetheless.

2. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    ?Thank you, Padmé, for loving me.? He drew a deep breath. ?You?ve saved me, from what I don?t know, but I do know that you?re my salvation.?

?And you are mine, Anakin Skywalker.?

Awwww, how sweet, especially after everything that happened to them! Yeah, the Obi/Sabe was awesome - I totally didn't see that coming!

But I did get a little teary during the toasts, especially when Shmi couldn't go on.

Upping an awesome story,

JS

3. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Poor Anakin, Padmé puts her hand on his thigh and revs him up even more and then tells him they have to stay at the wedding celebrations. At least Sola has the knack of the suggestive eyebrow wiggle.

The toasts from the parents were very touching.

Loved the image of Yoda ?dancing on top of the feet of a rather attractive Senator from Katari.?

Enjoyed that now Anakin is married and Obi-wan can feel the waves of change flowing through the force he is more relaxed about certain things.

And also enjoyed that Anakin is rather unwilling to wait, even for the few moments it would take Padmé to get into the black sleep gown. :)

4. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Awesome chapter :D

5. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Anakin was just a wee bit anxious to get to the wedding night, huh? Perfectly understandable! I thought the dance was an original and sweet way to make this a GFFA wedding. I liked the toasts. Anakin using the Force to bring up their bags was priceless, and very much an Anakin thing to do. Great work.

6. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    Loved the party! Obi-Wan likes Sabe, how interesting. Lovely job on the wedding night. I hope that you two collaberate again soon.

7. mixza

mixza Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    He laughed heartily as Master Yoda passed by him, dancing on top of the feet of a rather attractive Senator from Katari.

LOL! [face_laugh] So who was Mace Windu dancing with? :p

?Thank you, Padmé, for loving me.? He drew a deep breath. ?You?ve saved me, from what I don?t know, but I do know that you?re my salvation.?

Awwww... [face_love]

Also loved the wedding night part.

8. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    There are going to be plenty of changes for the Jedi, it appears. ;)

Loved that both Anakin and Padme are wearing black on their wedding night. Kind of Vaderish. ;)

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    hehehehehe Well well well! Sabe and Obi, eh? *snrk* hehehe ;)

Great!! Loved it!! Hehehehe The speeches that were done were awesome!! :D Loved Shmi's!

LMAO!! Yoda standing on a lady's feet while dancing!! *SNRK!!* hehehe!! I busted out laughing at that! That was juz great!!

Ahhh how sweet of Ani! Only sees her! ;) Great totally great!! =D=

10. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    ?You?ve saved me, from what I don?t know, but I do know that you?re my salvation.?

That was nice. A reference to Vader, and how this time Anakin is not him :) I like that.

Yay for Obi-Wan and Sabé! :D

This is such a lovely chapter, all warmth and happiness. I could so picture their room at the end, because it fitted perfectly with the rest of the chapter - candles and firelight. I bet however that it's goig to get a lot warmer in their - and a lot more fun. ;)

11. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Agh! I have missed so much. Anyway, this is so amazing you two! You have done such wonderful work. I am almost sad to see the story end, but it was fabulous!

12. VaderLVR-Gina

VaderLVR-Gina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    VaderLVR here to say thanks from both of us! We've been pleased and surprised at the reaction this story has gotten and have enjoyed writing it VERY, VERY much! We hope to have the epilogue posted soon, Gina's done an incredible job with it.

AnakinsHeir Thanks! This chapter was a lot of fun to write. And Obi-Wan was VERY cute with Sabe, but we think he's pretty darn cute no matter what!

DarthIshtar Well, Anakin still has a bit of the darkness in him, just enough to make him fun! [face_blush] Thanks for reading!

Jazz_Skywalker Shmi seems to touch a lot of us the same way. She's such a sweet character. Thanks for reading. We're glad you enjoyed it.

_JM_ I guess Anakin figures he's been patient long enough. I agree Yoda dancing on the feet of someone else was a touch of comedic genius, and I can say that because I didn't write that particular bit! Thanks for reading.

LaYa_ Thanks! :D

LukesTheMan Well, poor Anakin was in a hurry and those bags don't just walk themselves up. Oh wait, they did! :D Thanks for reading!

DreamOfKenobi Gina and I already are contemplating something else. Not sure if that is more of a threat or a promise! Thanks for reading.

mixza Mace, of course, was standing off to the side in a very dignified manner. Either that or he was sloppy drunk under one of the tables. Thanks for reading!

Jedikma Well, they both look good in black, don't they? There's a touch of Vader after all. Thanks for reading.

Kynstar Anakin has tunnel vision right now. Maybe he'll calm down later. Or maybe not. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this story.

Kazzy Thanks! We wanted to end it on a high note, of course there is just a bit more to come. Thank you so much for reading!

VadersMistress You should be glad to see it over, now I won't be coming to you and asking "Would Anakin say this or..." Oh yeah I will, but for another story, huh? Love ya and thanks!

13. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003

I just wanted to add my thanks to everyone for reading! [face_love]

14. VaderLVR-Gina

Jul 11, 2004

Epilogue

Two years later?

The group of people milled about nervously, waiting just outside the med center birthing room. After what seemed like several hours, Anakin Skywalker burst through the doors, cradling his newborn children in his arms. Everyone gasped in delight and rushed towards Anakin to gain a closer look at the infants.

Anakin's face glowed with pride, and he cleared his throat dramatically, preparing to make the introductions to the friends and family members gathered around him. "Everyone, this is Luke," he said as he indicated the infant resting in his right arm, "and this is Leia." Anakin indicated his daughter.

"Anakin, may I?" Jobal asked tentatively, her arms outstretched.

Smiling broadly, Anakin gently placed Luke in Jobal's arms.

"He is perfect, Anakin," Jobal said as she clutched the infant close to her.

"Well done, my boy," Ruwee chuckled loudly as he clapped his son-in-law heartily on the back.

His face blushing slightly, Anakin grinned sheepishly at Padmé's parents. Then he turned and walked slowly over to his own mother, who was standing behind Cliegg, her hands anxiously gripping her husband's shoulders. Shmi clutched her chest as she looked down at the tiny little girl. Anakin knew she had longed for this day to arrive, and tears of happiness were indeed flowing freely down Shmi's face as he lovingly placed Leia in her arms.

"Leia, I would like you to meet your Grandmother Shmi," Anakin whispered as he leaned down to lightly kiss his daughter's forehead. Then he looked up into his mother's eyes. What he saw there was pure and utter joy. Anakin reached out to touch his mother's cheek.

Shmi reached up to cup her son's hand in her own. "Thank you, Anakin," she whispered.

Anakin laughed lightly. "Don't thank me, Mom. Thank Padmé." Then his eyes opened wide, and he gasped loudly. "Padmé!"

The others laughed as Anakin turned and hurried back through the birthing room doors to be with his wife.

Unable to contain his own excitement any longer, Obi-Wan cleared his throat hopefully. Jobal turned, and seeing the look on the Jedi Master's face, she motioned him to her. Obi-Wan held out his arms somewhat tentatively, not used to holding infants, but the moment Jobal positioned Luke in his arms, Obi-Wan felt an immediate connection. He gasped in awe and disbelief at the strength of the Force he felt flowing through this small being.

It was then that the Jedi Master realized that the prophecy was indeed true, and his mind raced as he realized the impact this child would have on the Jedi Order. He wondered if his sister had the same bond with the Force and hoped desperately that Anakin and Padmé would allow him to be a part of their children's training.

The Council must know, he thought to himself. Repositioning Luke to rest securely in his left arm, he reached for his comlink with his free hand. At that moment, Luke yawned deeply, stretching his tiny body within Obi-Wan's arms. Obi-Wan looked down at Luke, feeling a wave of warmth and innocence wash over him such as he had never felt before. He slowly replaced the comlink on his utility belt and cradled the infant in both arms once again.

"There will be enough time for your training later, my boy," he whispered softly to Luke. "The Order can wait. For now, your parents need you, and you need them." Then, he tickled the infant under his chin before returning him to his grandmother's arms.

Suddenly, Sola and Beru, followed by Darred, Pooja, Ryoo and Owen, burst into the room, squealing excitedly at the sight of the newest Skywalkers. In the ensuing chaos, Obi-Wan surreptitiously moved to the rear of the room to collect his thoughts, continuing to watch Luke as he did so. This did not go unnoticed by Sabé, however, and she moved to stand next to the Jedi Master.

"Well, do you think you are you ready for this, Master Kenobi?" she asked as she gestured at the two infants.

Obi-Wan turned to the woman at his side. "I can hardly wait?Lady Kenobi," he replied as he pla

15. darththunderbird

darththunderbird Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

16. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ahhh! That was sooooo sweet! And Sabe and Obi are expecting! *Snrk* hehehe Obi has a heckuva change in store for him!

Glad to see everyone there to look at the little'uns! :D Mush all around! :D

Excellent work!! Awesome ending! =D=

17. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    lovely ending to a lovely story! Too bad it couldn't really happen that way for Anakin and Padme. :D

Excellent work on this wonderful story. :)

=D= =D=

18. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [face_love] That was so sweet!

Lovely ending, to a lovely story :D

19. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Definitely Awwwww...

20. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    I suppose I should point out that Ruwee?s congratulations although traditional were also misplaced, after all Anakins contribution was minor compared with the work put in by Padmé over the months leading up to the happy event. At least Anakin knows where credit truly lies with his "Don't thank me, Mom. Thank Padmé." ;)

Liked how Anakin remembered he?d left his wife alone and scurried back.

Loved how Obi-Wan wanted to hold a baby, and how Luke managed to delay the comm-call with a simple yawn. Also loved that Luke got a chin tickle.

Wonderful image of Anakin, Padmé, and the twins all snuggled up together.

21. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    His Padawan's arm was draped protectively around his children, his fingers intertwined with Padmé's. Obi-Wan looked down at the small package in his hand and placed it on a nearby table, not wishing to disturb Anakin and Padmé. From their first chance meeting in a dusty garage on Tatooine all those years ago, the journey to this moment had been a long one, and for now, they had earned their rest.

Awwww! How sweet! I loved your story, you two, and I'm sad to know that it's finished!

JS

22. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    Awwww....what a wonderful ending to a terrific story. Thanks for sharing this with us.

23. VaderLVR-Gina

Jul 11, 2004
    First, we'd like to send out a HUGE thank you to those who read this story (and voted for us in the SFFA). It was a huge honor and we enjoyed writing this story so much; the whole thing was a positive experience!

darththunder Thanks! [face_blush] We wanted an "awwww" factor in there!

Kynstar Yes, Obi-Wan and Sabe are in for it, especially if we get our hands on them! Thanks for reading!

Jedikma Thanks! We wish it would have happened this way, too!

LaYa_ Thank you! We loved writing it! Glad you enjoyed reading it.

DarthIshtar Thanks! Babies and gorgeous men, what's not to "awwwww" about? O:)

_JM_ Darn right! Having given birth four times myself, I can guarantee that it is easier to hold hands than actually do the birthing! :D Thanks for reading!

Jazz_Skywalker We're sad, too! Thank you for reading.

BrownEyes_Blue Glad you liked it! Thanks for reading.

24. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Awwwww! [face_love]

Wow. I got goosebumps reading the ending there. The whole wedding was beautiful and Star Wars-y. They're such a perfect family. VaderLVR64 and Gina, you two have done an absolutely amazing job!!! :)

25. VaderLVR-Gina

Jul 11, 2004

amidalachick - Thank you so much! We worked hard to make the wedding ceremony original. Glad you liked it.

VaderLVR64 and Gina, you two have done an absolutely amazing job!!!

Thank you! We both appreciate that. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.