main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Ruminations of a Force Ghost - Qui-Gon Jinn's Journal Entries - updated 4/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    So much fun to read! I really like #10... can't enjoy the big three!! :_| and dead and bored [face_laugh]

and he's starting to see how palpatine really is :eek:

love the status updates, maybe he should have a force ghost facebook?

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Valairy_Scot Like a bad credit, here I am again. :p

obimom Thanks for reading!

Lady_Misty Yes, and I'm sorry. [:D]

pronker And he doesn't believe in suffering in silence either. :p

earlybird-obi-wan I decided that things were too peaceful around here. ;)

Jade_eyes As soon as finals are over, I'll check those out! THANKS!

serendipityaey Thanks for reading!

[b]Entry #13[/b]

Not only is Palpatine really getting on my nerves (and do I even [i]have[/i] nerves anymore?), Obi-Wan won?t stop sulking.

A part of me is glad he misses me, of course. But another part of me, a much larger part (like my foot) wants to kick him in the butt!

He?s a [i]master[/i] now and he?s got to start acting like it. Instead, he?s moping around, still whining that I ?chose? Anakin over him. I didn?t [i]choose[/i] anyone over anyone else! I did what I had to do, which was to ensure that the Chosen One got trained.

But as much as that annoys me, I?m worried too. I?m worried that I?ve put too much responsibility on Obi-Wan?s shoulders, and much too soon. The kid is hardly a knight, and here I?ve asked him to become a master.

If I was there?

Okay, I?ve got to stop doing that. I?m dead and there?s nothing I can do about it.

Which sucks completely, but there you go.

I?m beginning to think that the Temple will never be the same now that Anakin has arrived. Anakin has snuck food from the kitchens, dipped another Padawan?s braid in clover honey from Naboo, made prank calls to Master Windu from a public comm, and hidden Obi-Wan?s favorite data pad. Even [i]I[/i] have no clue where he put it. I?m afraid to ask.

Status: Dead and writing in a diary. Which pretty much means my whole existence sucks. Being dead does not, in fact, ROCK ? no matter what the others might say.

And breathers have no clue.

3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Heee, what a great euphemism for Those Left Alive!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    padawan pranks and what did Jinn do when he was young;) Or Obi-Wan.[face_mischief]

Nice update =D=

5. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    :eek: What? Obi-Wan pout? Obi-Wan whine? Not our Obi-Wan!![face_shame_on_you][face_whistling]

Good update!! I enjoy seening Qui-Gon's (after death) perspecitives.

6. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    At least Anakin's making himself at home. Although the sneaking food from the kitchen might have something to do with his life as a slave.

Obi-Wan either needs a cup of hot chocolate with a splash of french vanilla cream (my favorite) or a swift kick to the pants.

7. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    Hmm do I hear the slightly bit of acceptance from him? Maybe?

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    another part of me, a much larger part (like my foot) wants to kick him in the butt!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I can understand that but I'm glad Qui was able to look past that to the heavy burden he put on Obi-Wan's shoulders.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I love the "status" updates at the end of these entries. Hilarious.

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    pronker Qui-Gon has another name, but it isn't board friendly. [face_whistling]

earlybird-obi-wan Jinn was, as he remembers it, an angel. So there. :p

obimom Crying? There's no crying in the afterlife! [face_shame_on_you]

Lady_Misty Jinn says he needs a good, stiff whiskey. :p

JediKaren Take that back. Right now! [face_frustrated]

KELIA It was a momentary lapse, I assure you. ;)

Luna_Nightshade Qui-Gon would like to point out that the status updates are mandatory. :rolleyes:

[b]Entry #14[/b]

It seems I was right to worry that Anakin might prove to be a little?[i]rambunctious[/i]. Poor Obi-Wan, who was, for the most part (we shall forget that unfortunate incident on Melida/Daan), a model Padawan, must now deal with a youngling who is most definitely? Well, NOT the model Padawan. Anakin?s pretty much not the model [i]anything[/i] unless it?s a troublemaker. And it?s making Obi-Wan crazy. He has [i]no[/i] idea how to handle a kid like Anakin. Maybe I should have passed him along to Mace Windu.

Now [i]that[/i] would have been the perfect revenge.

I digress.

Apparently in the first month that Anakin was in the Temple, Obi-Wan had to deal with, addition to the misdeeds I previously listed: two unauthorized visits to the lower levels, one illicit game of draughts and dragons which involved gambling, one incident of taking bets on a smashball game, three covert midnight trips to the kitchens, one black eye (Anakin?s), two broken fingers (not Anakin?s), and eight nightmares (seven of which were Anakin?s and one that belonged to Obi-Wan and was [i]about[/i] Anakin).

I have decided to keep a list of damages in case Anakin ever wonders why Obi-Wan keeps muttering that the kid will be the death of him.

Things are not going as smoothly as I hoped. Obi-Wan thought he saw a bit of gray in his hair last night. From Padawan to old man in less than ninety days. Anakin is truly prodigiously talented.

I am going to try and visit Obi-Wan?s dreams tonight. I?ve heard it isn?t as easy as it appears. We shall see what the outcome is. I remain hopeful.

Status? Dead.

Attitude: Less than happy.

11. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    No I won't and I will go further to say I think he is moving on pass his anger of death and finding something to do, thus healing what is wrong.

12. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Don't believe in drinking, especially after what nearly happened to my oldest brother.

Anakin, Anakin, Anakin what are we going to do with you?

13. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Poor Obi-Wan...at least Qui-Gon is beginning to realize what he did to him in placing Anakin in his care. REvenge on Mace indeed! That would be a trip![face_laugh]

I hope he is able to reach him in his dreams..

Will there be mention of their trip to Zenoma Secot from Rogue Planet (and Obi-Wan having to don those silly wings and rescue Anakin in that garbage chute race thing)? I know that doesn't happen till later (in the timeline)..but it would be a nice touch, I think..

14. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    It took death for him to realize this! Slow on the uptake, Qui-Gon? Would training under Mace have hastened the Chosen One's fall, or would it have prevented it ... *birth of plot bunny*

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Anakin and Mace[face_thinking] that would have been interesting.

And troublemaker indeed;)

Nice update

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    JediKaren Qui-Gon says you can't make him accept what has happened. You just can't. [face_not_talking]

Lady_Misty There's not much that can be done with Anakin. Unfortunately. :p

obimom Qui-Gon may need to vent a bit about those events. We shall see. :)

pronker Oh yes, I've pondered that very thing. [face_thinking]

earlybird-obi-wan If there's one thing that Anakin is good at, it's trouble. :D

[b]Entry #15[/b]

Okay, so apparently visiting someone?s dreams really [i]isn?t[/i] as easy as it seems. I fear I?ve given the poor boy nightmares. I only meant to reassure him that he?ll be a fine Master. I think I might have missed the mark somewhat.

Obi-Wan woke up screaming - something about ?Anakin?s on the loose! Hide your credits!?

He started to sob a little and rolled up into a ball. I?m pretty sure he even sucked his thumb for a few moments. It was rather pitiful to watch, actually. Then he began mumbling under his breath. Something about ungrateful masters, naughty padawans, and Yoda?s nasty stew. At that point, he called me a few names. I?m still a bit shocked that Obi-Wan knew those words. I hadn?t realized he?d overheard me cursing as much as that.

Ah well, lesson learned.

Not that learning anything will do me [i]any[/i] good at this point in the game.

Game over, as they say.

Still pissed off.

In other words, a big fat helping of more of the same.

If only I could haunt someone. It just might make this whole dead thing somewhat bearable.

To whom it may concern, and to the one in power reading this journal: Did you get the hint?

17. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Oh, Poor Obi-Wan!! Qui-Gon really did a number on him it looks like. Hope he tries again, without the nightmares this time![face_worried]

18. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Will Qui-Gon be allowed to stop writing in his journal? And if so would he want to?

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Jinn, Jinn, give your padawan sweet dreams and no nightmares.

Anakin is the one to do that[face_mischief]

20. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Ah, Obi-Wan! You pitiful guy, trying your best. Where are the Whills to teach Qui-Gon how to be subtle, or is that a hopeless cause?

And if he can't haunt, how about possession? *sounds of The Exorcist theme*

21. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Darn! I missed a few [face_blush] 13. Poor Obi! :) I?m beginning to think that the Temple will never be the same now that Anakin has arrived. Ha. So true :eek: 14. love the running tally of infractions, watch out Anakin, someone's keeping count! one black eye (Anakin?s), two broken fingers (not Anakin?s) [face_laugh] 15. Ah well, lesson learned. Game over, as they say. Status: Still dead. [face_laugh] he's getting pretty short with his status updates again.

I love reading these. Thanks for sharing!

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    obimom I think Qui-Gon is about to get distracted. Uh oh.

Lady_Misty With his current attitude, it might take a while. :p

earlybird-obi-wan Yoda's wisdom aside, he's TRYING! :D

pronker I think Qui-Gon would LOVE to possess someone. Especially Mace Windu, but that's a whole different plot bunny, LOL! [face_laugh]

serendipityaey And he's still not happy about those updates, is he?? :p

[b]Entry #16[/b]

If I could have died, I would have done so all over again. Anakin has apparently decided that the garbage pits are a fine place to spend his time. Where does the boy [i]get[/i] these ideas??

It?s enough to make a Force Ghost have a heart attack. That?s not an easy task, believe me.

Anyway, Obi-Wan found the boy in the nick of time. Well, not [i]quite[/i] in the nick of time. Anakin had already indulged in a bit of racing. He smelled like he?d bathed in the garbage pits instead of merely raced in them.

Unfortunately, Obi-Wan caught some of the muck as well. I?m afraid he?s rather cranky at the moment.

And he stinks. Well, the term ?stinks? is rather inadequate for the odor currently wafting off the two of them. Even two showers haven?t been quite enough to banish the stench if the looks that others are giving him are any indication. It doesn?t help that every other Jedi is giving him a wide berth. Even Bant is very careful about where she stands, and she?s been Obi-Wan?s friend since the crèche! Anakin doesn?t seem to be too upset by how he smells and has already made five credits by using his amazing odor to make two other younglings barf. That boy will bet on [i]anything.[/i]

For the first time, I?m sort of glad I?m dead. I can?t smell a thing! And the breathers are gagging everywhere. So I guess breathers don?t get to have [i]all[/i] the fun.

Status: Dead and concerned but not about to barf ? so that?s something.

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    [face_laugh] Loved it. Poor, cranky Obi-Wan. Anakin is really messing up his neat, orderly routine...

24. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Love the reference to Rouge Planet!

25. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    It's a fun picture you're painting of the Chosen One's early years --- betting, smelling and making people barf. Just like a 'tween's idea of paradise! And what's this you say, Qui-Gon? Sometimes the living Force gets a little too, um, 'living' and you're glad you can't smell the two of them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.