main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Ruminations: (ROTS A/P, Order 66 at the Temple AU) Chapter 27: Two Mothers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AnakinsFavorite, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Whew, this post may have been short but it certainly wasn't lacking in intensity! The last section was especially gripping - my heart goes out to the younglings. Poor things!

Love the way Anakin is standing up for Padme and their relationship. He is so amazing in this - he has maturity, bravery and loyalty - yet there is a part of him that is still quick to anger and distrust. But I think that makes sense, given his background. He is learning to temper it the best way he can - an amazing feat given the circumstances.

Looking forward to more. Thanks for the PM!

2. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    That last part was really creepy but amazingly written and I don?t like Palo, I never will. But now I have a bad feeling about this because I know some of the things that might happen, I just hope that Palo won?t be a part of the future. Amazing update AF and thanks for the pm, I?m looking forward to see how thing will go.

3. JediKnight_Padme

JediKnight_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    I agree. The last part was VERY creepy. Ah, yes. Palo was never on the top of my "people I like" list and now he is off the list altogether [face_devil] So anyway, I am officialy caught up. Yoda's reaction surprised me a bit. Then again, it was expected (paradoxial, I know) because he always seemed to know but didnt show it. :oops: totally should have shown it, Yoda! Ah well... How cute was it that Anakin accepted full responsibility about their secret? AND he was super mature about staying in the Jedi or not. He really loves Padme... its a shame cuz I really love him! [face_love] PLEASE hurry and update! And dont forget to pm me!

4. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Oh, Palo is a bad boy. Is he actually Force-sensitive?

I'm absolutely crazy about your Ani - he's so caring and protective here. I love the way he expresses his feelings to Padme. It is certainly much healthier than slaughtering the entire Order for her sake.

I'm intrigued how Leia will contribute to the events!

Short, but incredibly intense update, my friend! Amazing work!

=D= =D= =D=

CrazyAni

5. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    For some reason when I read Obi-Wan's reaction I laughed [face_laugh]!!

I mean I feel sorry for the poor guy because he's always the last one to find out and he must feel really dumb that he didn't notice before [face_laugh].

As for Palo...*grabs another lightsaber that I just used on Palps in The Phantom of the Temple and proceeds to chop his head off* [face_skull].

But good job that Anakin's taking the blame and not hiding it anymore...he's more mature now.

6. Across_The_Stars-24

Across_The_Stars-24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2005
    Thanks for the pm. The chapter was fantastic.

Anakin was great! He was really mature to take the blame & admit that he & Padme were married.

Oh no Palo! I hope someone takes care of him.

Can't wait for more.

7. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Author Replies:

queenberuthiel:
    Short, but not sweet. Yes, Leia has awkward times ahead for herself.

FitJedi: Unfortunately, Anakin is going to have his hands full with a few certain people? How did you ever guess that a duel was coming???!

VA_Parky: I could have made it longer, but it would have been rambling and would have killed the post- which I don?t need to say is a bad thing! *Sighs* I?m really loving this Anakin myself?

Star_Angel: Now, why do you not like Palo? I?m so confused lol

JediKnight_Padme: But, if I wanted, I could make you love Palo! Hee? if he wasn?t with Padmé, I?d take him myself!

CrazyAni: Nope, just pure evil! Okay, so my Anakin is a hit here!

randomangel22: I laugh at weird moment?s too- even when it?s really intense. Hey, don?t be killing my characters- I need to have a plot going here!

Across_The_Stars-24: Thank you! Don?t worry- Palo?s got it coming to him!

PM List: If I have forgotten you or just want to be added, let me know:
    Star_Angel, Amidala66, Across_The_Stars-24, DarthVaderette, Ladynaye, FitJedi, VA_Parky, G__Anakin, randomangel22, queenberuthiel, JediMaster_Jen, JediKnight_Padme

Chapter 27: Two Mothers

Leia had thought herself prepared when she?d first decided to tamper with her parent?s past, but never in her wildest dreams had the young woman ever thought that she?d find herself in the backseat of a speeder? with her mother. A very pregnant mother.

The others had warned her that little could be done to change the future, but the princess had been certain that affecting even the most minute detains could have profound results.

Still, everything had gone wrong- everything was happening again albeit differently. *How long will father be able to fight off the Dark Side? He is already faltering towards that path?*

Suddenly, Leia started as a shaking and sweaty hand found hers. Her mother was in immeasurable pain, the labor intensified by stress and fatigue, and if they did not make it in time, she would have to deliver herself?

*Now, that?s irony*

Biting her lip hard, the young woman resisted the urge to cry out but instead focused on what was presumably her aunt who kept flashing worried looks at the pregnant woman.

*What would it have been like to have had a normal life?* These thoughts turned into guilt. *I do not deserve this- Luke should be here too, enjoying what we never? It just isn?t fair- none of this is. Still, there is hope that things might work out?*

If the speeder had been nothing short of nerve wracking, it was nothing compared to the situation that soon befell Leia upon them reaching Bail Organa?s penthouse.

?Someone needs to go get help,? Sola said shakily from where she sat in the drivers seat. By the way she paled when Padmé moaned in pain, she was in no condition to stand up much less run.

By then, it had occurred to the princess what she had to do. *How can I talk to someone who, in my timeline, is dead?* ?I?ll go,? she said shakily, clumsily exiting the speeder.

Twenty years had created enough differences in her surroundings that Leia, more than once, was unsure of her direction. Everything was much lusher, a sharp contrast to the solemnity and efficiency he Empire had brought.

At last, the time-traveler reached her adoptive father?s office and, forgetting that she technically hadn?t been born yet and that she was going to be a stranger in his eyes, she barged right on into Bail?s office.

?Can I help you?? the pretty aid asked politely though the woman was obviously suspicious.

?I need to speak with my f-Bail Organa,? Leia corrected herself hastily, blushing at that blunder. Forcing a smile onto her tight features, she gave the woman what she hoped was a convincing smile.

?He isn?t here at the moment. Would you like for me to leave a message? or do you want to come back later,? the secretary asked patiently, pursing her lips.

?It?s an emergency.?

?I see??

Deciding that no evi

8. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh my gosh - what an eerie situation that would be for Leia. She is handling herself so well though. I know I certainly wouldn't be as composed - but then again, she was raised as royalty. She would have been trained to keep a tight grip on her emotions.

The number of plot possibilities have just shot through the roof! I am beyond intrigued and can't wait to see what happens next. Everything is going to be okay, right? Otherwise, Leia would never be born and... yikes! That would be very, very bad. [face_worried]

Beautiful work!

9. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    I still don?t know where I want to place Leia, I mean, after what you told me and then after reading this *uses the same voice as C-3PO* I?m so confused.

Oh, I hope that Padmé will be alright and that Anakin will be there soon. Amazing update and thanks for the pm, now I?m really looking forward to see how things will go.

10. queenberuthiel

queenberuthiel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2005
    This is so Pirates of the Caribbean, where Will askes Pintel about the curse and how Barbossa had Bootstrap Bill tied to a cannon...

The whole Leia thing is rather strange, meeting her parents, aunt, and then Bail and Breha... She is going to need a Shrink before this is over.

Great post and thanks for the PM.

11. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Absolutely riveting, I just didn't want it to end. I feel so bad for Padme being in so much pain from the labor- I hope everything goes alright and that Anakin survives his impending duel and remains in the light. I"ll be awaiting more anxiously.

12. Across_The_Stars-24

Across_The_Stars-24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2005
    Thanks for the pm. The chapter was fantastic.

Talk about irony Leia involved in her own birth.

Hopefully Padme will be alright.

Can't wait for more.

13. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Wow, you really made this chapter poignant with Breha, Leia and Padme.

What a unique situation and you handled it great.

14. Ladynaye

Ladynaye Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2005
  15. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    =D= Whoa I gotta hand it to Leia for being so calm in that situation and seeing things fall apart around her.

Excellent update and can't wait for more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.