Discussion Rumor: Ep VII will focus on Solo child and grandchild

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by MrFantastic74, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Darth Chiznuk Chosen One

star 5
    We're playing right into their hands. Damn them... damn them... damn them all to hell...!
    Last edited by Darth Chiznuk, Mar 1, 2013
    stormcloud8 likes this.
  2. DARTHSHAME Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] We cannot help ourselves. Just like old times.
  3. mes520 Force Ghost

star 4
    Could be and if we get them doesn't this mean we likely get Ben too? The new big three....that's my hope at least

Ugh, who knows!
    Last edited by mes520, Mar 1, 2013
    TreborSabreon likes this.
  4. Leias_Left_Bun Force Ghost

star 4
    Good point. Either the new trilogy really does follow the EU, or else we have some EU-loving "insiders" shilling their site and getting a cheap thrill out of pulling our collective chain.

There's going to be a lot more of this in the months to come, as the ratio of good solid information to unsubstantiated rumor should be about 3,720-to-1.
  5. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    Well I think the main characters shouldn't be teenagers.

They should be talking babies.
  6. THX_1138biggs Force Ghost

star 1
    Luke and Leia are 18 or 19 in ANH. And Han Solo was I believe 29 in ANH. So do the math and by ROTJ Luke and Leia are 21 or 22 and Han is 33.
  7. yggdrasil311 Force Ghost

star 3
    Hmm.

How about the grandchild be like the Daikini baby from Willow? They gotta protect it, as it is the new "super force person" in the universe and stuff.

I dunno. I just want another "PIGS! YOU'RE ALL PIGS!" scene. >.> <,< ^_^
    Lord Optimus likes this.
  8. DarthMateous Force Ghost

star 4
    So....according to this rumor, there's a "Solo Child and Grandchild". Not three kids and no twins. And there's a grandchild.
    If this rumor is true, then it would prove what I've been saying all along.....that they are tossing the EU out the door.
    I've always said that Lucas likes to create and recycle his own material.
    And when it comes to EU, Lucas generally steers clear of including the EU in the movies (With the exception of including a few Cameos.)

Thoughts???
  9. Darth kRud Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Marketing tells us they have to be 7 and we have to put them in all sorts of action scenarios so the kids can feel a sense of empowered comaraderie when playing with the action figure.

][IMG]
    [IMG]
  10. sethg Pulled Pork Sandwich/E7 Manager

Manager
    star 2
    i hope to god there are no grandchildren in the new trilogy (at least not until the conclusion of it) and that the story instead features han/leia/luke's kids who are in their mid/late 20s. one of the biggest complaints people typically make about TPM is jake lloyd and i simply feel that having a child protagonist is one of the PT mistakes TPTB are going to steer clear of.
    TreborSabreon and Darth kRud like this.
  11. Darth Downunder Chosen One

star 5
    I hope they spend alot of time discussing the midichlorian count of these "younglings".

Seriously though, if I had one wish it would be this: NO FREAKIN KIDS!!!!
    Last edited by Darth_Downunder, Mar 1, 2013
  12. BigAl6ft6 Chosen One

star 5
    I just think it would be odd to basically skip a generation. "Here's Han and Leia's kid! And their grandkid!" for the generational Skywalker saga, you'd basically miss a huge chunk of the offspring's adventures. That would be strange.
    Darth_Pevra and TreborSabreon like this.
  13. Darth Downunder Chosen One

star 5
    Maybe it'll just focus on the adult kids & the grandkid will only have a cameo & say "yippeee"

- just to stick it to the prequel haters
    Vastor likes this.
  14. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Star Wars Episode VII : 49ABY ( 45 Years after ROTJ )

5 years after 'Fate of the Jedi' thus gives you clearence from the EU & a blank slate ,

Luke Skywalker 68yo
    Leia Solo 68yo
    Han Solo 78yo
    Ben Skywalker 24yo
    Jaina Solo 41yo
    Alana Solo 14yo

15. johnrain39 Jedi Master

star 1
    Anne Hathaway could be the daugher
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Chloe Grace Moretz could be the grandkid
  16. StoneRiver Chosen One

star 4
    Don't really mind if it's true or not, although I'm not sure I believe it. Don't follow EU so whatever the story will be won't bother me. Bottom line is GL will provide the story, MA will enhance said story, and I'm confident JJA will direct it well.

More SW, whether it be about Solo kids, Skywalker kids, grandkids, cousins, even old Skywalkers and Solos, can only be a good thing IMO.
  17. Tan-Wessel Force Ghost

star 3
    Not that I believe the rumor or anything, but why would you have to explain away any grandchildren in the movies? "This is my grandkid/grandniece/grandnephew." or "This is my grandma/grandpa/granduncle." If the parents did anything relevant to the ST besides getting it on so that the new protagonists could exist, then fine, but otherwise I really don't see the need to spell out everything for the audience especially when it's irrelevant to the ST not to mention just a big waste of time and exposition that pushes the story nowhere.

Think of anyone you meet. "Hi there, nice to meet you. Let's sit down because you're going to have to tell me your life story and genealogy before I can relax. Otherwise, my brain is going to explode." Let's even use say the Ford family...the other Ford family. "Hiya Bill, congrats on continuing your great-grandfather's legacy with the car thing! I have no effing clue who your dad and mom are nor your aunts, uncles, grandparents nor if they contributed anything at all of relevance...maybe they did...someone?...but anyways here you are! So what's your take on Tesla?"

Also, people seem pretty quick here to presume a grandchild would be an actual child. If the big 3 were 18-30 during the OT and this takes place 50 or so years later...a grandkid could easily be 18-30. And even if this makes the big 3 68-80 in the ST, so? People are living a lot longer now and in better health at later ages than before just on our primitive own planet. I suppose, I understand somewhat if some posters live in certain regions of the world the concern with age. Just in the U.S. a midwest 30 year old is most definitely not typically the same as a coastal 30 year old. The coastal 30yo is more like the 20yo from a generation ago, while the midwest 30yo is more like the 40yo from a generation ago.
    Last edited by Tan-Wessel, Mar 2, 2013
  18. Trebor Sabreon Chosen One

star 4
    Not to be too nit-picky, but the events of ANH take place roughly 2 months before Luke and Leia turned 19. ROTJ is said to be set 4 years (to the month) after ANH. That would make the Skywalker twins 22, just shy of 23, during the Battle of Endor.

From what I can tell, other than the year (29 BBY), we have no officially published information on Han's birthdate.

Oh, and to the topic at-hand? I dunno, could be true, but, y'know, grain of salt.
  19. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    The interesting thing about this is the age of the Solo and the grandchild could be much older. I mean if they are going to make the OT group 50 years older. Then they could easily have a child about to enter their 40's or 50's. And it is quite possible for that character to have a child in there late teens early 20's.
  20. Ender_and_Bean Force Ghost

star 1
    After reading everyone's concerns about people being lost in the backstory I lol'd after reading about Alana's kidnapping here:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Allana_Solo#Kidnap_and_reunion

With exposition like that we should be just fine, right? Maybe Han will come along for the ride sort of like Sean Connery in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Harrison could keep calling her "jr" and tell her "don't get cocky" when the going gets tough. He could tell her she has to cover up more and complain about the way kids dress today, the music they listen to, and how they're always connected to the networks playing games and that they don't have enough respect for the sacrifices the rebels made for their freedom.

By the end of episode VII Han and Alana would understand each other better and respect each other's generational differences. They'd blow something up and then he'd agree to take her to the Little Miss Gravity competition and tell a kid there to have as much sex as he can while he's still young. Grandma Leia would hear that, elbow Han, and they'd all laugh as the screen faded to a wide shot of the galaxy and the words "Directed by JJ Abrams" appeared on screen. Lol.
  21. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    I had to get some Tylenol -seriously, wtf...?

God, I hope that this all is just a part of the "Let's cash in on the geeks click money while we can" angle, or I will go crazy...
  22. Luukeskywalker Chosen One

star 5
    I have no problem with this, however I always thought it made more sense to figure out a way to have the main protagonist to be Luke's kid. That way it directly mirrors the OT. Luke is going to be the character of the big 3 that will have the important/active master jedi role in the ST, so why not have the character struggle be with his son/daughter as opposed to a niece or nephew. SW is about fathers and sons, not uncles and nieces/nephews. Just MHO.
    Last edited by Luukeskywalker, Mar 2, 2013
  23. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    I agree, I think it needs to be Luke's child. Given the theme in ROTJ that a Jedi CAN love, and form attachments, and that those attachments in fact brought down the Empire, I am OK if Luke marries. In fact I think it is somewhat critical to the idea of the new way of the Jedi. I don't care if it is Mara Jade or not as I am an EU basher, but I think the child should definitely be Luke's.
    TreborSabreon and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  24. Trebor Sabreon Chosen One

star 4
    I agree completely (particularly with the thought I highlighted in your quote).
  25. David_Skywalker01 Force Ghost

star 3
    Didn't we learn from TPM... no child actors...:rolleyes: