main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Rumor: Ep VII will focus on Solo child and grandchild

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MrFantastic74, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Has the idea ever been explored or at least addressed in the EU, or anywhere in canon? Why do you think it's such a bad idea? Because it's a fan idea? I think you'd be surprised how many ideas Lucas lifts from fans. The ST has to move the SW/Skywalker story forward somehow. You can only do remnants of the empire, sith, dark jedi, bounty hunters, skywalker offspring, clones, etc, etc, so many times before it gets old. SW needs something crazy outta left field and unexpected with a huge twist to ignite it again.

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

I hope not - that would really send the EU over the edge into really laughable territory.

You can't just drop another potentially major character like that into the saga - it would actually be worse than the horrible 'Skywalker Triplets' trope that plagues a lot of fan fic...

3. Darth Dru

Darth Dru Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Fair enough i guess, i don't know much about the specs of the EU, and i've never given much weight to it, but that's just my opinion. I was thinking more for the ST films.

4. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I think they should use the twins from the EU but do away all the events concerning them in the novels. Start off scratch if you will.

Jacen and Jaina is what I'm hoping for, at least.