main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[RUMOR] MoviesOnline thinks Indiana Jones 5 and 6 to follow?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by jacemathem, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    This made me raise an eyebrow so I thought I'd share it with you.

:confused:

I think this whole article is just fluff and speculation. It was posted on the 18th, last Wednesday, but it's not even aware that Sean Connery isn't coming back. Is there anything anywhere that suggests Shia LeBeouf (or Harrison Ford) is on for more than one film?

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    The article has a lot of errors. Sean Connery is not returning, Darabont's script was rejected by Lucas and there has been no confirmation about Karen Allen and Kate Capshaw. Rumors and poor reporting.

3. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    Well you just posted that Karen Allen is returning...

4. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I didn't know it had been confirmed yet. It is now.

5. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    4 is absolutely the last one.

No really.

6. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
  7. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    That's it then, I guess.

8. Regan21286

Regan21286 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    May be just a rumor now, but if Indy's box office totals take off, there could be more sequels. A nice 6-set of films ought to round it out just like the SW movies.

9. CitizenKane

CitizenKane Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2004
    4 will be it, but I hope it really goes out with a bang.

10. CaptSparrow

CaptSparrow Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2006
    He's going to be in a wheelchair by the time they get to 6. They've waited long enough to do Indy IV, any more would just be overdoing it.

11. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I don't think there will be any more movie sequels, but you can never full rule out prequels, a new TV show or a cartoon series... I think 'Indy' will carry with new adventures on in some form or another.

12. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    I would love to see an Indy animated series to compliment the CW one. Lucas is the king of making the film just a small part of the universe and I think that they'd be missing a huge opportunity with Indy 4 if they just did the film and ended it.

13. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I want the film to be the end. Don't tarnish Indy, don't make him another glorious franchise. Spielberg says Indiana Jones IV is for the fans, and I think it needs to stay that way, with the fans.

14. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    It would be nice if Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series) got involved with an Indy cartoon.

15. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    An Indiana Jones animated series would be awesome.

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I don't think that Harrison will be back for more Indy movie after this one. However, he has said that he wouldn't be terribly offended if another actor played Indy. I don't think Steven and George will do another one without Harrison, but I could see where they might allow someone else to make an Indy movie.

17. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    Lucas would never allow anybody else to make an Indy film - any more than he would let anybody else make a new SW film. And there is no point in discussing anybody else playing Indy (and who would actually accept the role? It would be doomed before it started)- except in his youth. Sean Patrick Flanery did a good job on the TV series but he is actually older than Indy was supposed to be in original film now. A prequel is possible but it's already been done with the TV series. The only possible way of doing more Indy is with his children, Shia would play the son but there is nothing (yet) to suggest he doesn't have other children, is there? He certainly had a daughter in the series. But I think the Indiana Jones saga should end with this fourth installment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.