main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor of New Animated Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by starocean90, Nov 25, 2014.

1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, there might be some truth to this. However, I'd say it's probably just a pretty safe guess as a way to get clicks.

3. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Hoping Rebels goes for longer than three or four seasons; that seems too short of a timespan to properly being the Rebel Alliance and lead in to ANH.

lookameatbag and Arroway like this.
  4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Way it's looking so far it seems unlikely Rebels will show much anything properly.

Darth Chuck Norris and vong333 like this.
  5. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Boy what genious fanboy created this article. Common sense alone could tell anyone that the next animated series will be set post ROTJ.

6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    That's an assumption not a fact. Mouse will do whatever it thinks will make money.

DarthMichael99 likes this.
  7. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Also I'm wondering if that photo was staged. What has been going on in theatures Star Wars related that would bring Star Wars fans dressed up as Rebels characters? Or was that photo taken at some convention and do they set things up in a theater type area during those conventions?

8. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm happy if this is true. It means they have a clear goal for Rebels. Unlike TCW where they just seemed to wing it.

cdgodin, McRowdy, TX-20 and 2 others like this.
  9. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I need to point out that this was only given to them by a 'good' source. And they even said that lucasfilm would not comment.

10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I wouldn't expect Lucasfilm or Disney to comment on this. Its a great idea to move in that direction and quite frankly I think that this was always the plan. Disney had to have something to hold themselves over until the sequel trilogy kicked in. I'm glad to hear that Rebes is probably only going to three or four seasons. Not more. I agree with one poster that Rebels can't show much more than what they are doing.and hopefully they can finish what they start which is what I want. I confess, my excitinment that with the Disney purchase was that star wars was going to move forward, not backwards anymore.

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    I imagine it will move backwards at some point. But just probably not for awhile. Once they do the ST and perhaps another trilogy after that then I think they will look back to start filling in some of the history.

12. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Our crew isn't even apart of the rebel alliance are they? I thought they were just doing rebellious things cause they wanted to around Lothel? Who knows if they'll join the bigger cause.

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    No they are not. But we might end up seeing other Rebel Cells as the series goes along. The official Rebel Allience has not formed yet.

mratm23 likes this.
  14. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    SWW

15. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

The fact that Sabine paints the Starbird emblem all over the place seems to suggest they'll have a role in the founding of the Rebel Alliance. The actual Rebel Alliance hasn't been founded yet, but seeds for it are being planted. The Ghost crew probably won't be the main group to found the alliance, but I'm positive they'll have a part in its creation.

Arroway and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  16. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Kill everyone and let's start over fresh I say, who is really going to miss these generic characters [face_devil]

17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    People who enjoy the series?

....Unless your just joking?

cdgodin, Zer0, jcgoble3 and 6 others like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

They did a good job for Winging it.

CoolyFett and mratm23 like this.
  19. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm not saying they did a bad job. It just felt a bit unfocused.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I remember how they originally said that it was going to be 5 season then there like 8 seasons.

21. DarthMichael99

DarthMichael99 Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2014
    This rumour is nonsense like that Reclamation crap.

Rebels will have more than 4 seasons and Disney will concentrate on a live action show after the new trilogy.

The show is called Rebels not Rebel alliance. Maybe the Ghost crew will never meet with the actual rebel alliance.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree they will not be putting on two shows at once that are animated and rebels will last for a while.

23. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Huh, this is an odd/fascinating rumor. An ST animated series that premiers before IX? That would certainly be a move no one saw coming.

Jedi Knight Bane likes this.
  24. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Neat. I hope Rebels has more seasons then 3, though.

25. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I was hoping that an Old Republic show (not a Revan show) would be next. I want to see the "children's stories" where the Jedi and Sith use Kyber Crystals, the Mandalorians stealing the Darksaber from the Jedi, Sith empires being built on the backs of slaves, Darth Bane, etc.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.