main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Rumor] Spin Off casting has begun.

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Jan 20, 2015.

1. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    I'd be very surprised if that was the case.

2. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    So I'm a bit off-put by how they just came out and said Boba Fett is a mantle. Though that "source" wasn't confirmed, so there's still hope.

Anyways, it's my understanding that the EU got de-canonized because some of the stories just got too convoluted and retcons were everywhere. What a great idea to bring both of those together into a feature film. I wouldn't be against them recasting Boba Fett, but don't have him be a totally different person inexplicably (or rather just as an excuse to get a big name in there). If they did do a Boba film before ANH, Daniel Logan's actually in the perfect age-range for it (similar to how Ian McDiarmid was the perfect age to play Palpatine again years later), I'd hate to see them pass that up.

If Boba shows up in the Force Awakens timeline, we've got Jeremy Bulloch and Temuera Morrison still (obviously you'd need Bulloch for the scenes of him walking around and looking cool). Morrison would be about ten years younger than the character, but it's easier to make an actor older than younger.

3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    No, don't believe. That's the same site that reported on Fassbender, isn't it?

5. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    yeah it is but it's just a rumor.

6. JediWill

JediWill Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2014
    Yeah I'm highly skeptical of this Fassbender rumor. As someone else pointed out, he has some huge projects up-coming (X-Men, Prometheus, Assassins Creed) which will take up a ton of time and I think I read he's a producer on Assassin's Creed so he's going to be working on that even after filming is finished. If this was a small indie project he could film between blockbusters then I would think it's plausible, but they're filming this film almost the same time as X-Men I believe (this Spring). Calling B.S. on that one.

As for Boba Fett just being a mantle, that would be really stupid and it directly conflicts with the PT timeline. Calling a new character "Boba Fett Jr." makes more sense than some guy "being named the latest Boba Fett" like he's the Ra's Al Ghul running the League of Space Shadows! The PT already established that his last name is Fett and his first name is Boba, so unless there is some kind of impostor running around using his name and donning similar looking armor then they need to find a way to bring the character back. I guess it depends on the timeline of this movie, is it going to be during the OT or the ST because that makes a big difference. If Tatiana is truly playing Sabine then obviously it takes place during the OT which means they don't need the "mantle" crap with Boba Fett, he's still alive. I thought the story lines involving Mandelore in TCW were pretty interesting, so it might be cool to see what is happening on Mandelore during this film. There's no back-story for Jango Fett in the PT so he could very well be a Mandelorian warrior which would mean Boba is also.

7. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Yeah I can't say I like the Boba Fett mantle rumour, though I do like the idea of Fassbender in a Star Wars movie.

8. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Did Felicity Jones get the female lead role, also seems like Making was right about Aaron Paul?
    After a series of hush-hush readings and tests, Lucasfilm and Disney have zeroed in on Oscar-nominated actress Felicity Jones for the female lead in the Star Wars stand-alone film.
    Jones is now in talks to star in the project, whichGareth Edwards is directing and Chris Weitz — who was just hired last week — is writing. Weitz is replacing Gary Whitta,who penned the first draft.
    Actresses were meeting, reading and testing last week in Los Angeles for the role, with Tatiana Maslanyand Rooney Mara among those in the mix.
    The secrecy surrounding the project is thicker than the mists of Dagobah, and it is even unclear which character the stand-alone is focusing on. Sources say that Aaron Paul and Edgar Ramirez are on the interest list for the male lead.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/felicity-jones-talks-star-wars-768582

9. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    “The Theory of Everything” star Felicity Jones is nearing a deal to star in Gareth Edwards’ “Star Wars” spinoff, an individual familiar with the project has told TheWrap.
    Jones beat out Tatiana Maslany and Mackenzie Davis for the lead role as well as Rooney and Kate Mara.
    Chris Weitz is rewriting Gary Whitta’s screenplay, which is rumored to involved Boba Fett’s family. The script also features a male lead that Aaron Paul is being eyed for.
    http://www.thewrap.com/felicity-jones-nearing-deal-for-gareth-edwards-star-wars-spinoff/

Making on Maslany not getting the role
    http://makingstarwars.net/2015/02/c...inalist-first-star-wars-stand-alone-spin-off/

10. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
  11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    What's the film? Nobody's sure. Early reports had it being about bounty hunters, but my sources tell me it's actually about pirates, a small but vital distinction. Bounty hunters are the guys who chased Han Solo, while pirates are the guys who are Han Solo. That's why there's been a lot of speculation and buzz that this is the Young Han Solo movie we've all been dreading.

Meanwhile the trade also mentions that Aaron Paul and Edgar Ramirez are rumored to be up for the male lead - I don't know that I can imagine two actors more different than those two. Are they really up for the same role? If so, it can't be Young Han Solo. Right?
    http://badassdigest.com/2015/02/03/...y-starring-in-star-wars-the-unknown-spin-off/

Never mind.;)
    you were right about Aaron Paul.=D=

12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Jones.

Why are you asking Making questions about this when he's thanking you on his site?

starocean90 likes this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    haha got confused for second and forgot to edit my post.;)

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Shrugs. After the Doctor Strange debacle regarding constant casting rumors, all I care about is what characters/eras etc. are in these spin offs rather than who is playing them. (*Outside of Ewan's Obi-Wan, of course.)

15. dr strangelove

dr strangelove Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Cool. It's nice to see things finally starting to pick-up for this movie.

Personally, I liked Kate Mara the most out of all girls being considered. But, I'm sure Jones will be good as well.

16. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
  17. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
  18. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Interesting that the female lead is cast before the male lead. Is Disney/LFL producing two back-to-back stories led by a woman?

To go from stores not even meeting merchandise demands for Leia/Padme/Hera/Sabine to this would be most impressive.

19. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I do not know about anyone of these actors with the exception of Aaron Paul. I loved his work on Breaking Bad. But I can´t picture him in the role of a new Boba Fett.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Are most signs suggesting that the first spin-off, with the female lead, is in reference to bounty hunters? Can't say I recall any female bounty hunters from the original trilogy - but I guess it's the in thing now to create new cannon to go along with Episode VII and beyond. Ventriss may be too old by this point; but maybe Ahsoka? :)

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/02...s-lead-role-2656554?lt_source=external,manual

21. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Yeah, I don't buy Aaron Paul would be cast as Han Solo. It seems like such a massive miscast. Edgar Ramirez actually looks like Harrison Ford(at least in proximity)but he has a pretty noticeable spanish accent. So that seems unlikely too.

Going strictly by looks: Felicity Jones looks like Princess Leia. Edgar Ramirez looks like Han Solo. Aaron Paul..well..he kinda carries himself like Luke Skywalker.

The Variety report did include a line about the earlier adventures of Leia and Han Solo.

22. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    Edgar Ramirez I recommend seeing the mini-series Carlos, he's fantastic there.

23. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    rumor has it that Felicity Jones will play Sabine Wren(from Star Wars Rebels), in the Boba Fett movie. Cool!

24. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    I'm incredulous they would animate (and voice) Sabine as non-white if the plan was to cast a white woman.

So I don't buy that Jones is playing her.

whostheBossk, starocean90 and Krueger like this.
  25. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Can't wait for Aaron Paul to set up a meth lab on a space ship ( the R.V of all space ships ) ......

Luukeskywalker likes this.