main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Rumor] Spin Off casting has begun.

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by newdawn12, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Cool. Maybe now they can tell us what it's about. :p

2. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014

starocean90 likes this.
  3. NoSuchThingAsLuck

NoSuchThingAsLuck Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2014
  4. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    sucks......

Tatiana Maslany is an amazing actress

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  5. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    If the part was for a young Leia, Felicity Jones looks better.

6. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    I promised myself I'd stay of the forum until after TFA was released but this news is pulling me back ... :p

Yes, Maslany is amazing but this news doesn't "suck" necessarily.

For all we know the auditions weren't just to find actors for the first spinoff, but additional cast members for VIII and for Trank's film. I'm assuming that Kathleen Kennedy has some involvement in the casting which could also mean Lucasfilm isn't just looking to cast Star Wars.

If there is any truth the rumour that Chris Pratt (the first name mentioned for the part that isn't eye rolling or sickening) is being sought to replace Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones, then who better to play Marion Ravenwood than Tatiana Maslany? ;)

If we knew what any of these movies were going to be about it would remove half the speculation - where is the fun in that: ;)

7. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    I should that Jones is a great addition to the Star Wars family ;) Well done, young lady.

Gt those T's crossed and I's dotted :)

8. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    How does this "suck" exactly? Yes Maslany is awesome and I'd have been 100% behind her getting casting. But Jones is a terrific actress as well. Casting an Oscar nominee is a BAD thing? Sorry, I cannot get behind that idea.

9. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Um.

I see someone say sucks in this thread..... And we just got an Oscar - nominated actress for a role in a Star wars movie.

That's some unsuck.

10. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    If a young Han Solo is going to be in the film, who would you give the role to?

For me, it's a toss-up between Chris Pine and Chris Pratt. Both of them are very talented actors with the look of a young Harrison Ford. They both have experience in similar roles too with Pine as James Kirk in Star Trek, and Pratt as Star-Lord in GOTG. The latter may also get the role of Indiana Jones in an upcoming sequel/reboot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Would you guys agree?

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Chris Pratt, yes... Chris Pine, no. I still think it would be weird to see Han recast, but if it were to happen I think Pratt looks believable. Which will be weird (though somewhat logical) if he does indeed get cast as a younger Indiana Jones too, because it would be like he's just generally being cast as a younger Harrison Ford. :p

12. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I love how everyone's expecting these actors to play characters we have already seen before when the reality is there probably gonna play all brand new characters like Rey,Finn,Poe Dameron and Kylo Ren,this is the way it should be.Then if they want to bring in characters we do know like Palpatine/Boba fett/Vader etc that's when they should bring in the actors who have already played them and EXPAND the universe with the Legacy characters not recycle it.

13. DurararaFTW

DurararaFTW Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2014
    Finn, Rey and Dameron get to be in the same film as Harrison, Hamill and Fisher and the Droids, and that movie is Episode VII. That'll sell, no worries. The spin-offs need their own hook as well, beyond the Star Wars label alone. And they did suggest Boba Fett and Han Solo spin-offs, we didn't come up with that ourselves.

14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Being an award winner/nominee doesn't make any difference in my view. Jones is indeed a great and actress, though, and I look forward to seeing her in in the movie.

15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Pine is a great candidate - I think he would great things in the role.

However, Pratt is in the lead at the moment.

[​IMG]

16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Hoggsquattle, use the edit feature to avoid double posting/stacking posts.

17. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Redfivee Say they are making the movie based on the book "SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE" Don't you think they would have to recast then ?

18. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

The spinoffs will not feature younger version of Luke and the others. They are going to be new stories about new characters. Kennedy said in a old press release that the spinoffs will be separate to the core characters and story on the Saga.

19. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    sorry for the double post but I did not see this mentioned anywhere else,

[​IMG]
    Rumor Alert: Orphan Black Star Tatiana Maslany Locks In Lead Role For Star Wars Spinoff
    Posted by Dustin on January 31, 2015 at 07:31 PM CST | 4 Comments
    Last week we reported that that there were several female actors reading for the female lead role in the new Star Wars spinoff scheduled for release in December of 2016. Now reports from several online media sites are claiming she has locked in the role. Perhaps the most relevant clue would be her dropping out of the off-Broadway drama, The Way We Get By due to film scheduling conflicts in the April timeframe, which just happens to be the rumored start of production in the new Star Wars spinoff. Time will tell but for now the speculation is part of all the fun!

my bad I just saw the date this was posted, January 31, 2015 I was thrown off because it is the lead story on this site, the force.net :(

20. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Ha! Being typecast as a younger Harrison Ford would be a unique problem, as an actor.

21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  22. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Jones basically confirms it then. Cool.

Hoggsquattle and starocean90 like this.
  23. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

She doesn't confirm actual casting,:)

24. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Chris Pratt looks more like a young Harrison Ford, but Chris Pine is, IMO, a better actor.

25. ThermalDeton

ThermalDeton Jedi Master star 2

Feb 3, 2005
    Looks like it's going to be a Leia spin off.