main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**RUMOR** The Force Unleashed gaing steam as the next Star Wars movie.....

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by jedibri, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    First off let me say sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this! Please move if that is the case.

Now, then I was talking to a friend at Church and he said that Lucas is thinking about The Force unleashed as his next Star Wars project so I did a little diggin and it seems there may be something there:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/09/will-force-unle.html

I'll keep digging and get this story more backbone.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Sorry, but there's nothing "there": it's just unsupported speculation and wishful thinking on the part of Haden Blackman and a random person.

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I still don't understand this fascination with the time period between Ep 3 and 4.

We know the jedi are going to die

We know Vader is going to help the emperor do it.

We know Leia is successfully raised as a child into young adulthood, as is Luke.

It's a dramatic dead-end

There would be almost zero suspense if it were jedi because we'd know sooner or later, they would die.

The only reason the prequels pulled it off(arguably) is because of *who* those jedi were, Anakin, Kenobi, Yoda.

But any run of the mill jedi? Who cares? We already know their fate.

4. darthytse

darthytse Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2007
    Yeah, this sorta reminds me of a conversation I overheard back in '99 at a video store. A teenager was talking to the clerk about Episode I (after it had come out in theaters). Being a "Star Wars" fan, I couldn't help but listen in.

The clerk said, "But it's a bummer that Darth Maul was killed. He was a cool villain!" The teenager said, "Oh yeah? My friend knows a guy at Lucasfilm, and he says they're going to resuscitate Maul's top half and put him on a hovering board for Episode II!"

I almost cracked up out loud at the silliness of the notion, and I knew back then that there was no way THAT was going to happen in Episode II!

Anyways, no offense to the OP, but I really don't see Lucas going this route for another Star Wars movie--at least not a live-action one. MAYBE an animated direct-to-DVD release, because it is a cool story. But nah, I don't see this being "the next Star Wars [live-action] movie."

5. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    I'd love to see the period between III and IV covered in more depth. Not so much the Jedi, but seeing how the rebel alliance came about and how Vader discarded every last shred of Anakin would be great to see. I've read rumours that TFU could become an animated feature. It would get my vote.

6. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    And on that day a famous thread was born.

Brings a tear to me eye, it does...:_|

7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    It would have been even awesomer if Maul's legs ran around kicking people.

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    It's an interesting idea, but it doesn't really say anything about there possibly being a movie, as far as I read. Mostly just that one person's insight that it would work well as a possibility.

I would be interested in seeing that, but only really if it's live action. Now THAT would be magnificent! Regardless of what we know about the Jedi's fate. I'm not really too partial to the fully animated stuff, and definately not if it's like the Clone Wars movie that came out. Just my personal preference...

9. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I agree with the post above. It's just wishful thinking, unfortunately.

10. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

My point exactly!

11. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    The story of Han and Chewie could be explored in more depth to the interest of many.

The Force Unleashed was good as a game, but I don't see it in the theaters.

12. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    [image=http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/jediknight/maw1.jpg]

13. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    100% accurate. I wouldnt even bother seeing a film such as this. There isnt any new information whatsoever. A little extra Han and Chewie backstory does not a two hour movie make. Either make EPs 7,8, & 9 using the Thrawn series as a basis or dont bother!

Really... the series ends with ROTJ. Anakin is redeemed, the Emperor is toast, the Empire is shredded. What the hell else can tou really do? I love the The Thrawn EU stuff... but other than that, its over!

14. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

Agreed. I would like more to see a trilogy going backwards, however, instead of forwards. I'm talking back to the old days of the Republic. Before even Yoda was born. A fresh look at the same Star Wars Galaxy, just much earlier, when the technology was different, the Jedi order was different, and the whole Sith war storyline could definately hold it's own! I thought a nice little storyline that could work there would be the "prophecy." It would be spoken about within the Jedi council, but no one really knows what it really means...that would be some nice little forshadowing to a different era-the era we see starting with TPM! Nice way to connect the stories in a subtle way.

15. NYjets1985

NYjets1985 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2009
    Personally- would rather see the events that transpired after the emperor's death... and the rebuilding of the republic and luke restoring power to the jedi's/training young jedi's.

But hey, like the rest of us nerds, im happy seeing any new edition to the SW saga : ).
    Just cant get enough of it....

16. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008

For me, the Prequel Trilogy pulled it because although I knew the endgame, I didn't know how the endgame would be achieved. Which is why I have no problem with a movie or TV series about the years between the two trilogies.

Personally- would rather see the events that transpired after the emperor's death... and the rebuilding of the republic and luke restoring power to the jedi's/training young jedi's.

Read the novels set after ROTJ.

17. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I would go see it if this movie were ever made, but it wouldn't add much if anything at all to the overall story arc.

18. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I'd see any new Star Wars movie, but I don't think it'll ever be produced.

19. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    The reason I say I'd rather see something going backwards in time, rather than after ROTJ, is cos unfortunately it just wouldn't work out, simply due to the ages of the actors. And Imagine the uproar if they got different actors to play Han, Luke, Leia and Lando!

I suppose it COULD work, but they'd have to set it to take place like over 30 years after ROTJ...that would be a stretch. I'd say they're better off starting with something fresh, new era, new characters, new storyline, same world...which is why I think the old days of the Republic, long before TPM, could work great.

20. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd like both. A sequel trilogy and a pre-prequel trilogy.

21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    ShaneP, that would be an interesting concept.

22. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Totally...12 episodes!!!

Try a marathon of THAT!! :p

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    2-3 day marathon! [face_dancing]

24. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Yeah! We can have all the Jedi, Sith Lords, and lightsaber action we could ever hope for! Besides, Lucas has a different idea opf what happens after ROTJ. Not to say he hates what is out now, but in his version, the sith are no more, luke rebuilds the Jedi Order...

25. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

In other words, the way a happy ending SHOULD be...;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.