main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RUMOR: Thrawn Returning?!?!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Garm_Bel_Iblis, Nov 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garm_Bel_Iblis

Garm_Bel_Iblis Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2001
    Mind you, this is ONLY A RUMOR...

An hour ago, I got an e-mail from a friend of mine who works for Del Rey. Now, he's a fairly reliable guy, but he's also prone to over-exaggerating. He told me he had heard the mentioning of Thrawn with the NJO as a possbility for a storyline...no telling whether Zahn would write it or not, but you never know...

And the plot thickens.

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THRAWN RULES

3. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    It's too late in NJO's planning for Del Rey to consider bringing back Thrawn- the storyline has already been plotted out. Could you copy and paste the E-Mail, please?

4. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Well teknickally i dont love you but.....you know what i mean.

5. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    wow......Zahn is a great author, in fact, his original HttE trilogy got me interested in StarWars EU, but I have to say, Thrawn is done. Any more thrawn can only be a bad thing. We've covered the original Thrawn, the clone, the imposter and the rest of his species, what more is there?!

I do hope Zahn writes a novel, I just pray that Thrawn is not a character in it.

6. Doit

Doit Jedi Youngling

Nov 29, 2001
    Asmuch as I liked thrawn I don't know how they could bring him back without it coming across as stupid.

7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I'm not even gonna bother with anything other than a typically inane reply. [face_plain]

8. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    Unless he comes back before--like the rumor that Zahn might be writing a prequel era novel.

And if it involves Jorus etc--it would be very logical to bring in Thrawn.

It would actually be very necessary.

9. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    I do believe you are talking Bantha Poodoo old bean

10. jed-eye

jed-eye Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2000
    Oh God no! i hope they leave the Thrawn character alone. he's to great a character to be messed up by these NJO authors.

unless Tim Zahn returns to the GFFA to write the book, count me out.

11. Sith_Hologram

Sith_Hologram Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2001
    Yes thrawn was very cool, but lets not make Star Wars books like Marvel and DC comics where every character killed manages to come back again and again in lamer and lamer ways.

12. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Seemingly and unreasonably omniscient enemies suck.

13. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    And I thought it couldn't get any worse than Vision of the Future.

If Thrawn "returns" again, I think it would just kill all credibility of the Star Wars EU as a franchise.

Since this is most likely fake, there's nothing to get worked up over.

14. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Boooooo! I hate him. He's such a..... well, you know what they say about guys who love (say, obsess over) art and decor.........

No way. I think if Zahn wants to do an NJO, he needs to be ORIGINAL. Thrawn is dead. Period. Think of something else.

I'm sick of rehashing plotlines. That is why the NJO grew on me like it did. The Vong are like nothing we've ever seen. They are sickening, yet compelling.
    Thrawn is a bore that likes to hear himself talk, like a snotty, swishy.......you know what.

15. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Yes, and Thrawn will bring an army of insane Pokemon clones with him.

16. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Please lord no. If Thrawn returns in any way shape or form (or any other dead character for that matter) SW lit will lose all credibility.

I HATE it when that happens.

Please, del rey, hear my prayers. No thrawn clone, no Rukh missed, no thrawn imposter.

17. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Please, let it be a hoax!

18. LaraNotsil

LaraNotsil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2000
    I agree with my fellow oldbies...

Thrawn is dead...he was really kewl...but he's dead...yes i'd like him alive...but death is death, and it should stay that way.

Now is TZ wanted to do an NJO I would say he would be ideally suited to writing Shimmra...

19. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    And Shimmra opened his glowing red eyes, surveying his collection of extragalactic and galactic art. yes, he thought, I understand how these infidels think now, and I know how to completely and utterly crush their pathetic resistance.

20. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    :D That's just about right, Mastadge.

21. ImperialGirl

ImperialGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Absolutely not true.

I think the whole point of not even letting the ONE AND ONLY clone live was that Thrawn is Dead-Dead. Not Hollywood-Dead, not TV-Sweeps-Dead, not Mostly Dead, but absolutely, completely, put-a-fork-in-him-he's-done Dead. If Thrawn camb back, Tim Zahn would not be the one writing it.

22. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    This idea is obviously ridiculous.

But don't worry about SW literature losing all credibility, because I'm pretty sure it already has. :p

23. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Since 1991, right. :p

24. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Let's hope this is absolutely not true. Thrawn is dead, thank god. His clone is dead. The only kind of return he could make now is in the form of appearing prior to his death. We don't need him in the NJO.

25. GUARDSMAN

GUARDSMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2001
    This is kinda intresting, first there is a rumour of Zahn doing a Prequel book then there is a rumour of Thrawn coming back as a charachter. If we put both together it could be Thrawn being in a prequel book. Which kinda makes better sense and is less annoying because of the whole thing of his imposter and clone bit. So in my Opinion Thrawn as a charachter can only be written well in a Prequel book or at the very least some time before his death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.