main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Run Leia Run - Special Edition

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Dec 1, 2017.

1. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    A long time ago, in a program that's going away… I made a mashup of "Star Wars" and the indie film sensation "Run Lola Run".

That film came out right here on TFN in 2003 in glorious Flash animation format.

Fourteen years later, while preserving that film for a non-Flash future, I took the liberty of doing some tinkering to remaster the film for a non-Flash format. The goal was not to 'fix' the movie (it's no better than it was, I promise you), or to go back on creative choices, but simply to incorporate effects that I could have included in 2003 if I hadn't been creating, well, a Flash cartoon.

Anyway, here it is, a nice little blast to the past as we count down to "The Last Jedi".

VIMEO: https://vimeo.com/245319571
    YOUTUBE:

I won't pretend this movie is any kind of masterpiece. It doesn't even make sense unless you're a fan of both "Star Wars" and a hyperkinetic German art film, a demographic overlap I confess I vastly overestimated at the time of production.

But I learned a lot making it. It was the first film I ever sent to festivals. It brought home my first film award for my wall. It played at conventions in three countries and garnered me my first press coverage outside my hometown or college paper. And you only get one first of anything.

So I'm happy to make sure people can keep enjoying (?) it in the post-Flash Web we're heading for. It's been good to me, and I enjoyed every moment looking back on it.

Rick McCallum loves you!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  2. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    This is an amazing film Adam. Run Lola Run is one of my all-time favourite films and I think you captured the essence of it perfectly :)

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This is a real classic. I'm going to have to rewatch it now. :)

4. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Dang it, where were you in 2003? I could have used you! :p

Glad you dug, thanks for watching. "Run Lola Run" is important to me in the same way "Star Wars" is, it's a film that opens one's eyes to the potential of cinema. Just as watching Star Wars in middle school got me thinking about making movies, watching Run Lola Run in film school was like a shot in the arm of "oh, THAT'S what movies can do…"

Rick McCallum loves you! <--- yes, I still sign my TFN posts like this, it's a long story

TCF-1138 likes this.