main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Run, Skywalker, Run- Black Humor, AU, Jurassic Park crossover; Luke and Comp., Thrawn Updated 4/10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Team_EbonHawk, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Team_EbonHawk

Team_EbonHawk Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2008
    Author: LordNyax113
    Title: Run, Skywalker, Run
    Timeframe: 21 ABY
    Characters: Thrawn, Luke, Mara, the Solo family, Lando, Borsk Fey'la, more...
    Genre: Black Humor, Action/Adventure, AU
    Summary: The Skywalkers and others are invited to preview Thrawn's experimental theme park full of genetically engineered dinosaurs.

Hey all, I've always toyed with the idea of a dryly humored "crossover" between Jurassic Park (one of my fav all time films) and Star Wars.

21 ABY, Coruscant

Days like this were rare for the self-appointed caretaker of the Jedi Order; you know, the days where one could sit back and relax, drinking caf, reading science fiction, and watching the Holonet dramas. Luke rocked back, gorging the last of the drink in his Wookie-shaped mug, and focused his eyes on the screen.

"Oh...oh, Janis. I can't leave you here...Come with me! We'll elope on Nar Shadaa, and share the most romantic of honeymoons!"

"I can't Ziv! My lover will find out! He'll take a blaster to you, vaporize you, anything to make you suffer."

"I'm not afraid of him...I went ahead and implemented my backup plan, my love."

The Twi-lek girl's face turned horrified. "No....NOOO! You didn't! I..."

"Yes I did, for you my love. I cloned myself. He is in a safe place."

"But...but"

Luke began munching on a roll of cookie dough.

"We've been switching out...I put him in place whenever there was threat of your lover showing up unexpectedly."

She now began to shudder. "No..that can't be...if that is so...then my baby...is your clones'?!" She look terrified, as if faced by a Wookie bounty hunter.

"Yes, my love. Yes! But it is the same DNA! Do not fear!"

As Luke finished off a particularly chocolatey part of the sweet treat, the Holo transciever flashed off.

"Hey," he garbled as chunks of cookie dough spat out of his full mouth. "I was watching that!"

Mara put down the remote. "Enough junk holodrama for one day. We have a guest coming. Help me clean up farmboy."

"I resent that term you know."

"Ditto. Fine then, help me tidy up redneck."

A clearly irked Luke began replacing strewn about items, folded his blanket, put away his lightsaber, and put the remaining cookie dough back in the fridge.

"You ate that straight?!"

"And?"

"Don't play with me! You know there's raw eggs in that!"

He shrugged. "I'll use the Force to kill the Salmonella."

"You know, these vacations are doing more harm than good. First I catch you accessing lewd images on the HoloNet..."

'I was merely researching female Jedi of the old Order," he countered.

"Then the soaps."

"Very quality holoshows."

"Now you're growing fat and lazy like that fat guy who died first at the Death Star. You're getting back to work, pronto flyboy."

Before he could argue the point, the door buzzed.

"That's our guest...go brush your teeth...I'll keep him occupied. Oh, deodorant wouldn't be bad either."

He grunted in resigned agreement, and went to the refresher room.

Mara straightened her hair and sprayed some Lysol as she head towards the door.

"Evening....Thrawn."

A clang of a toothbrush hitting a mirror emanated from the refresher.

"What in Obi-Wan's name is HE doing here?!"

Mara restrained Luke. "Calm down...he's domesticated now."

Thrawn batted his eyelashes in a nonchalant response. "Your woman speaks correctly Master Skywalker...I've been enlightened. I no longer desire the efficient and orderly conquest and subsequent benevolent dictatorship of this republic."

Luke calmed somewhat. "A rather lengthy response, eh Blue?"

Thrawn ignored the cheap insult. "I have always been a man of many words. Now, I'm sure you are dying to hear how I've survived."

Luke and Mara led Thrawn into the living room, and they took their seats.

"OW!" Thrawn hopped up to see a thumbtack underneath him on the couch, and saw Luke grinning.

Mara stepped on Luke's foot as a warning. "Luke...behave. Thrawn has a proposal for us."

2. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    OMG!! This is great! I've never seen something like this before. Post more soon please!! Oh, and if you have a PM list I would like to be added.

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

3. LordNyax113

LordNyax113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2007
    Sure thing.

Oh, and mods, I'm so, so sorry, but without realizing it, I posted this accidentally with my sock. So pm updates will be coming from me.

4. Stookymalarkey

Stookymalarkey Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2007
    Oh, sounds fun so far. When's the next chapter coming out?

5. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    Oh this looks like it's going to be fun! :D

Can I be put on a PM list, if there is one? [face_batting]

Great job!

6. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Hopefully soon. Can't write fan fic all day you know. :p

7. Skywalker277

Skywalker277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2007
    this is great! I cant wait for the next update. will be watching![face_peace]

Skywalker277

8. reagan64

reagan64 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2006
    Ooh, a Jurassic Park crossover. I've always wanted to see one of these. I'm curious as too what triumphs and errors Thrawn will oversee while in charge compared to...oh I can't remember his name. The guy that kind of looked like Colonel Sanders. Anyway, I'll keep my eye tuned to this one.

9. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Speeder lanes usually weren?t extremely crowded, but knowing the Skywalker?s luck, on the day Luke was sluggish getting out of the shower and they were running late for their transport, the sky was as clogged as a Wookie?s hair follicles.

Mara clearly evoked an attitude of annoyance and contempt for Luke, her arms folded and her feet resting on the enclosed speeder?s dashboard.

?If we are late I swear Skywalker??

?Relax. We?re not going to be late. At least I hope so,? he reasoned, as the speeders moved in slow increments at a mere 30 MPH. The dashboard than began buzzing.

?Errr, dear.?

?Don?t say it Luke!? She glared at him with that look, the psychotic look a crazy housewife usually wielded before killing her husband to be united with her secret lover and gain an inheritance?Luke stopped his mind?s tangent. He had definitely been watching too much holosoaps.

He then closed his eyes in relaxation. ?We?are out of gas?almost out I should say.?

Luke jumped as Mara pounded her fist on the dashboard. ?Dang it, Luke. Pull off the lane??

He listened immediately and gripped left on the steering yoke, and landed at a refill station. An aged Chadra
    Fan rushed forward chirping, and her companion droid translated.

?Hello, and welcome to Ty Tan?s Pit Stop, owned and operated by Ty Tan. Dobi at your service.?

Luke looked down and smiled. ?Dobi?Dobi. I?ve heard that name before but can?t put a finger on it. Oh well.

Fill her up,? he ordered as he tossed a credit chip Dobi?s way.

As he waited, he went inside and grabbed some fried bantha wings from the stand ran by a Bothan.

The Bothan held out her hand. ?11.99 please.?

Luke stopped chewing. ?11.99? These used to be 9.99 for a dozen!?

She raised her hands in surrender. ?Hey don?t blame me. Ty wants a new skyhook, he?s raising the prices. Pay up.?

He grumbled as he reached inside his robe and pulled out some more credits. ?Well, I suppose I won?t kill the salesman.?

?You?re Luke Skywalker, aren?t ya???

?Yes. I?m surprised you didn?t recognize me sooner.?

?Oh, well, I haven?t gotten out much. In fact, I remember the Jedi of old. Very noble people, Master Skywalker. It was a shame to see them stay underground for so long. Not to mention I was in the same boat as them. ?

Luke?s face turned inquisitive. ?Oh? May I ask as to how?and why??

She raised her eyebrows in unison and sighed. ?Let?s just say I was a bit too close for comfort to the Order for the Empire?s taste. I knew many masters and knights, including your father?before he went psycho. No offense by the way. ?

Luke shrugged. ?None taken. So you were hunted??

?Yes. I resisted the changes. Spoke out in my own way against the Empire. Lost everything secular, but at least I lived to see today. Now, will that be all??

?Yes, thank you.? Luke pivoted about and strode towards the door.

?Oh, Master!?

He cocked his head backwards.

?May the Force be with you.?
    He smiled, and left to drive the speeder and at least attempt a punctual entrance to his destination.

As his speeder took off, Dobi waddled in, and chirped a sentence. The droid toned a translation.

The Bothan stroked her scruffy gray beard. ?Yeah, that?s THE Luke Skywalker alright. Hopefully we?ll see him soon??

Dobi responded.

?Don?t you think I understand that?? She shook her head. ?Look, I feel the same way as you. Everything will be fine for us. Life isn?t always easy.?

Dobi appeared depressed but slightly bobbed her head in agreement.

10. Twin_Saber

Twin_Saber Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    HA!! FIRST POST!!!! Great update man! I wonder what's up with this Dobi...Oh well, we'll learn in time. Thanks for the PM and I hope you post more soon!!

TWIN_SABER[face_peace]

11. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Thanks. I should be updating soon.

12. Skywalker277

Skywalker277 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2007
    I bet that's Dobi from Harry Potter right? Sounds a lot like him. Great update by the way! Post soon! [face_peace]

Skywalker277

13. LordNyax113

Oct 11, 2007
    Finally arriving (albeit minutes late), the speeder landed, and Luke hopped out, followed closely by an irate Mara.

"Next time, I drive." She reached forward, swiping the speeder's control card from Luke's hand, and tucked it into her utility belt. "Now, if you don't mind, we'd better hurry up Luke. Thrawn may have already left without us."

Luke crinkled his forehead and grinned. "He likes us too much to do such a horrible thing."

"Not buying it."

The two rounded the corridor into the main docking bay, where an old Republic transport lay in silence; clearly dated, the red matte paint was peeling, revealing the dull gray durasteel beneath used to construct the vessel. "Wow," Luke muttered. "What a piece of junk! Is the best Thrawn could offer?! "

"Take it easy kid; if I recall you insulted the Falcon in like manner."

Han Solo's black boots squeaked as he walked across the marble floor, whistling and twirling his trademark blaster. "I didn't take it personally, and hopefully Thrawn won't either..provided no one rats you out."
    Han embraced Luke, then turned to Mara and did likewise. "You two taking it easy? Not killing each other."

Mara smirked. "We're managing."

Luke snorted. "Ha...I had no idea.when I said 'til death do us part', I was setting a goal for myself."

As Mara elbowed him, Leia approached from the same way Han came. She was flanked by Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin.

"Luke, that's no way to treat your wife. By the way, long time, no see."

Leia also hugged her brother, whom she hadn't seen in weeks. "Don't stress too much; me and Han fought like cats and dogs the first couple of years. They're always rough."

She turned to Mara, and the two strode off to gossip and badmouth their respective husbands.

"So, I'm curious Han, how Thrawn conned you into this."

"He didn't. Leia did."

"Huh...it's not like you to succumb so easily to her."

"Well, you know. She started off with her whole diplomat tirade, followed by 'we've got to let the past be the past blah blah'. The nail in the coffin was when she threatened me with no se-"

"Hey Dad!"

Anakin scampered up. At the age of 11 going on 12, his energy level was only matched by his affinity for the Force. "Dad, can we pleeaassee go! Pleaassse?!"

"No can do kiddo. We're doing adult things, stuff you shouldn't be getting involved in."

Anakin's eyebrow dropped considerably as his composure grew stiff. "Dad...I'm eleven. I'm being trained as a Jedi. I think I'm mature enough to handle an outing at a zoo."

Jaina now joined in, laughing. "Laugh out loud. This coming from the kid who just went 'pleaasssee'."

"Shut up!"

"Make me twerp!"

"That's it!" Anakin lunged forward pushing Jainia with the Force. She quickly drew her lightsaber.

Jacen was about to join the fun when all three ruffians were slammed to the floor by a Force wave.

"Enough! This is exactly why you three aren't coming along!" Mara lowered her hand as Leia began scolding the three.

"For starters, Jaina, you're thirteen, and Anakin, you're twelve. There's no reason for you two to be acting this way. Secondly..." Leia's voice trailed off as Luke turned to see none other than Borsk Fey'la enter from another adjacent docking bay, followed by Chewbacca and none other than Boba Fett. Thrawn surprised Mara from behind.

"Excellent...Master Skywalker and his wife made it. I was afraid they'd be late.

Mara's turned around as her tone grew stronger. "Actually, we've been here for quite awhile." Mara then turned to Leia's beckon. "I'll be right back."

Luke strode to greet the new arrivals and slightly bowed to the ambitious Borsk. "Senator Fey'la..." His right eye cornered to get a peek at Boba. "Boba."

"Skywalker," he responded. "Not dead yet?"

"I could say the same to you, Fett. You've been keeping a low profile lately. Make's me curious as to your presence here."

"Furry over here hired me to act as guard for the duration of the trip; his offer was lucrative, I couldn't resist. Man's gotta make his way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.