main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Run With Me" Jag/Jaina Fury...Missing Scene. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CANADIANJEDIMAMA!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by THE_PIED_PIPER, Jun 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Title: "Run With Me"
    Author: Kick O'Shannessey
    Timeframe: 40 aby
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo
    Genre: Drama
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Mr. George Lucas. This is just one fan playing in the sandbox that has always brought her immense joy.

</Kick Notes> Okay this is the last of my Fury missing moments. :D At least for now. This one takes place after page 115 of the novel. After Jag owns Jaina and orders her to take a couple of days off.

Special thanks to Queen bbbaaaddd Mama Tahi for the Beta. You only make me better. [face_love]

Dedication: This one if for the lovely Canadianjedimama my dear friend, fellow Jagateer and Cade Brigade member, for her birthday. Thanks for always running with me. :) May you have many, many and many more My Dear. Fly Well. [face_peace]

"Jag unbuckled his helmet and took it off, holding it at his side. "Jaina, as your commanding officer, I'm ordering you to take today off. No training, no strategizing, nothing. Report to me first thing in the morning. At that time, if you think you need another day off, I require you to tell me so. You'll get it."

Fury, pg. 113

"Run With Me"

The nightmares were coming again, and this time they were more intense, more vivid. Once again he was in the skies over Tenupe in one of the most aggressive dogfights that he had ever been in, in one of the worst blood baths that he had ever observed. For him the battle had climaxed with Leia Organa Solo shooting him down, into a jungle of untold despair.

It was one of those nightmares that he was having now. He tossed and turned, and called out in his sleep, sweat overtaking his perfect body and soaking the sheets over and under him. The racing of his pulse and rapid heart rate, combining with his heavy breathing, may have been mistaken for much more pleasurable experiences; but that was not the situation tonight. Tonight he was reliving the hell he had suffered on Tenupe.

There he had survived in that unforgiving environment stranded for two years, which had seemed like a lifetime, raw and rugged. He had been utterly and completely alone, and every morning he'd awoken from fitful bouts of restless sleep expecting death; hunger, infection, distemper, Alema Rar and the climate all threatening to take his life at any time.

Life had been hard.

Life had been an existence of pure pain and loneliness that more times than not he would have rather not woken up to. He would have rather stayed in the harrowing nightmares, like the one he was having now.

But it wasn?t the hellish existence he had known for two years, or the death spiral that he had been forced to eject from, that caused the nightmares for Jagged Fel. It was the circumstances that had led to it, the circumstances of having to fight Jaina Solo in the air.

Her voice still screamed in his mind, ?I love you, I always will, but you need to eject Jag!?

?Jag, eject, please eject, eject!?

He was haunted by that voice begging for his life; by the fact her actions had torn his heart from his chest. He was haunted by the agony of their bond being ripped apart. He had dealt with the mental anguish of being stranded in a jungle for years. He had dealt with it as any strong human and true survivor would have, by becoming stronger, more focused, more disciplined. But the situation with Jaina was a completely different matter.

He now heard Jaina?s voice once again, except it wasn?t in a dream; it was here and now and in his bedroom. Quickly he awakened through the layers of unconsciousness and he heard her more clearly.

?Jag, wake up.?

?Jag, are you alright??

?Jag!?

His eyes flashed opened; and he felt that they were the eyes of a man in agony; the eyes of a man that had witnessed and lived through entirely too much in his short thirty-three years. Finally, he became coherent and found Jaina?s hand and she instantly joined hers with his.

?Jay?, he called out his voice still no

2. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    LOL!!!
    That was too funny. I loved the whole scene it was heartbreaking, sensual, humourous, and mushy all at the same time. Great job!

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Awesome Kick!! Another great example of why Jagged Fel is true greatness. =D= [:D] He knew it wasn't
    time yet. She's going to run in the rain with him! *sigh* I love it! [face_love] Maybe she should spend her day off with him.

Happy Birthday CJM! Hope it was great!@};-

4. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    This was great.

5. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    great job! loved the ending! :D

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    ?Sure,? she said. ?Do you want me to leave??

?No, I?m decent underneath?, he grinned at her as he threw back the covers. ?Not that it would be anything new for you.?

[face_laugh] Woohoo!! ;) [face_love]

When my parents were home he?d end up in bed with them. When they weren?t he wouldn?t rest until Jacen and I were in bed with him and he was sleeping sideways between us, kicking Jacen in the head.

?Score one for Anakin.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Great viggie!! So sweet [face_love] I love your writing :D

And happy b-day, cjm!!

7. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!!!!

I loved this...Great prespectives, Kick, and mushiness without being mushy.... =D=

[:D]

Sara

8. IrishKatarn

IrishKatarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2008
    Happy B-Day Cyn! :D

o_O Just "for kicks," right Janet Lee?

Yeah...I thought so.

Great description of the crash Sweetheart. o_O

But I'm still flying in the airshow Saturday.

Running in the rain is fun...wouldn't have it any other way.

I think you need to write more when you're sunburned. :p

:*

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Awww, this was brilliant, Kick! :D Great J/J missing scene.

Loved the bit about "score one for Anakin". [face_laugh]

10. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Excellent missing scene!

11. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    ROFL!! I love this!!:cool: [face_love]

12. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Awe, thanks star_writer. You'll always find traces of Anakin in my writing...as much as possible. [face_love] One day I may be brave enough to try and pen him. :)

But I'm VERY protective of Anakin...very. Like an old Mother Hen. [face_chicken] If I think his characterization is off the whole story is trash to me. I'm like that with Jag, Leia and Sia as well...but not like Anakin.

But I hold myself to the same standard...probably even a higher one. So thats why I haven't really tried it. :(

And, yeah, I have to get my Jacen jab in. :p

Thanks for reading and for the reply. [:D]

Jagged Fels Badassery knows no bounds!

This is all....[face_love]

I would. [face_plain]

You know I would...;)

Thanks Connie. :*

And so are you my fellow Texan. [face_cowboy]

Thank you for reading. [:D]

Awe, thank you. I thought it was sweet. :)

Thanks for reading jagsgurl. [:D]

Wwwwoooohhhooo! [face_batting] [face_love]

It's so good to see you Nat, I hope all is well in the Big Apple. :D [:D] My husband and I may take a trip there at Christmas this year. It's our first Christmas married and we want to escape our families. [face_laugh]

Score one for Anakin. Always... [face_love]

Awe, thank you Nat. [face_blush]

Clear Skies my friend. [face_peace] And thank you for reading and the reply.

[face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

Hello Sarah I hope all is well. [:D] [:D]

I try. I don't like a lot of mushy myself..so I try to be fair and balanced? [face_laugh] :p

Back at you Sara. [:D] [:D]

*grins and is amused*

Hello My Love...:*

I'm going to change it legally Sean I swear, but it's been a fast few months, wouldn't ya' say MR. O'Shannessey. [face_love]

*nods* I know.

But I've always known that you're high maintenence in that way. ;)

And I'd nev

13. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    *sniffs the air*

Ahhh...there's nothing like the smell of Jag Fel on your birthday.:D

So, not only do I get this totally wicked awesome Cade Skywalker banner...=P~

But I get this totally, completely, wicked, gnarly, kick-arse little fic.

I[face_love] Kick.

In a totally platonic girl kind of way, no worries Sean.;)

Thank you so much for the gift, dear one. It goes very well with all the bookstore gift certificates I'm fixing to use to buy me the Legacy TPB's.

And the gif's. You know how I love the .gifs.

[:D] Cyn

And a big thank you to everyone else for the birthday wishes!

14. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Yes, my husband thinks he's funny.

Actually he is...but not as [face_laugh] as me. O:)

He told me the other day when I really got him...'you're too much.' [face_laugh]

And IrishKatarn lookin' all sexy in his Draco digs....[face_love]

Whew! =P~ HAWT!!

[face_batting]

IT'S THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!!! YAHOO!!!!

lol, well I hope everyone smells good.

Man I miss Sab...she'd have such a good one liner about now. She better be home soon. [face_frustrated] I'm having major kriffing Sab withdrawls. :(

Or any other time for that matter. [face_mischief]

Isn't it freaky deeky HAWT!

Man, 'cause there ain't nothin' like His Hawtness...laying around naked in the bed. [face_mischief][face_love]

Cade Brigades Mistress of Elaberate Sith and Zeltron Bed Clothing. [face_laugh]

[face_thinking]

[face_thinking]

Yes...yes...so you did...[face_thinking]

I [face_love] Cyn

lol [face_laugh] Uh...yeah. That's a given. [face_laugh]

You're so welcome dearer one.

That will be money very well spent. :D

You need to get caught up before my Legacy 'fic Cyn. [face_shame_on_you]

Yes, I know. [:D]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Piper rocks and that is a FACT!!!!!!! This deserves a bravo and a SQUEE!!! Very sweet, moving and vulnerable on both their parts. The image of Jaina giving Jag a massage was splendiferous. :D

Delightful summation of them together--the way they strengthen each other and how their friendship is the foundation of everything and how Jag's not gonna rush anything... unless she wouldn't mind then it's not rushing LOL :) What the three Jagateers need to do is rewrite NJO so Jag and Jaina get together THEN, unwrite DN and Legacy both LOL SQUEE! for that!!! [face_love] [face_dancing] [:D]

16. IrishKatarn

Feb 18, 2008
    o_O *nods* Me or Liam?

Yeah..yeah. :p

No big deal Janet...it really isn't. [face_laugh]

I know how you are about your name. [face_peace]

No one else is Kick-stand. :*

How many points did I earn back. [face_mischief]

17. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    I do try. [face_batting] :D :cool:

Thanks Deb, you deserve a bravo and a SQUEE!

Oh, yeah...[face_mischief]

Makes a man vulnerable. [face_mischief]

*nods* Friendship and respect are key...everything else is built on that.

And Jaina and Jag have always had both for each other. [face_peace]

lol Touche!

*nods* Yep. I was kind of bummed when LotF started and J/J weren't back together.

But...it think it's a done deal at this point. ;)

Thanks for reading Deb..and....SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:D]

I take it your not busy at work today? o_O

*throws head back in mock laughter*

Sean, your jealousy of your little brother is quite amusing actually...trifling. :*

[face_laugh]

I was like........eleven...when I had a crush on him...[face_shame_on_you] Silly..:rolleyes:

And YOU only thought of me as a child! :p A little girl...:*O:)

Which is why you rule! :D

[face_whistling]
    ;)

:eek:

[face_blush]

Salir des pensées! [face_shame_on_you]

Le paiement sera ultérieur. o_O

18. Jedimaster_JainaSolo

Jedimaster_JainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2003
    Happy birthday Cyn!!

...a very happy birthday indeed...

Awesome fic, Kick!

Poor, Jag, having nightmares :( But I was quite amused by this particular paragraph...

And therein lies the problem, though I'd say he even handled that one quite well...

Ouch! very nicely done, like every single word elicits profound heartache...despair

Old habits die hard I guess [face_laugh]

[face_laugh] Funny how Jaina causes despair one moment and light-hearted banter the next.

of course she couldn't help it...

Awe, that is so sweet. Jag is so perceptive...sometimes I think he must be Force sensitive on some level. And that is Jaina's problem. She should be letting Jag disarm her...

I love getting to see the easy banter...they deserve more of this peaceful time. And that serious undertone to the teasing..very sweet.

[face_laugh] he is so...so...immaculate!

always the strategist, and a brilliant one at

19. IrishKatarn

Feb 18, 2008
    Sounds about right.

o_O

Uh, you were? [face_plain] :oops:

:p

And we both know that I can't hold a candle to you Sweetheart. o_O

It better. [face_plain]

20. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Cool, a birthday fic [face_dancing] Happy Birthday, Cyn! :D

?Aw, yes, so I did.? Then Jag had an idea: a way that he could get close to her and she would be unable to refute his argument. He chose his words carefully. ?I?m sorry that I overslept, Jaina; that's not like me at all. But you see I had to take painkillers yesterday because you threw me against that tree. My neck is still sore, not to mention my shoulders. I think you jammed me up pretty good.?
    The blood drained from her face, ?Jag, I?m so sorry, I?..I was angry and I have a problem with controlling that?.."
    ?Well,? Jag cut in, ?it?s not anything that a little back rub won?t fix, I?m sure.?

lol

?Come on, Jag, tell that to someone you can fool. Anakin had those sorts of dreams from the time he was little more than an infant. When my parents were home he?d end up in bed with them. When they weren?t he wouldn?t rest until Jacen and I were in bed with him and he was sleeping sideways between us, kicking Jacen in the head.
    ?Score one for Anakin.?

[face_laugh]

Perhaps that's what went wrong with Jacen. Too many kicks to the head :(

That was the essence of Jag and Jaina; together they were pure light and hope that had been tempered through horrific experiences and separations. It had been strengthened through dumb, stupid stunts that they had both pulled. But somehow, in some way, they always seemed to end up back in the place where each other was at.

That was really sweet.

Nice job, PIPER =D= Some really nice interaction between Jaina and Jag. I like that he didn't try to force things with them. I also liked that he didn't tell her about his nightmare.

Good post :D

21. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007

22. THE_PIED_PIPER

Jun 8, 2006
    Bam! Danas here. [face_love]

23. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    [/quote][/quote]

24. IrishKatarn

Feb 18, 2008
    I'm glad you didn't get sunburned Christian. Kick fell asleep in the hammock on the beach and toasted right up. :(

Which sucked because it was the day after we got married, wasn't it Kick? [face_thinking]

It surprised me because she can usually get a tan without too much effort at all. And a pretty nice one at that. ;)

And where is my Sia 'fic? [face_whistling]

25. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    A Sia fic? Ooooooo. Yeah, where is it Piper? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.